[Anime] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Pages 12Next
An anime adaptation of Tsutomu Satou's Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei (The irregular at magic high school) light novels was unveiled at the Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival event on Sunday. Manabu Ono (Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Saki Episode of Side A) will be directing the anime at animation studio Mad House. Leading the cast will be Yūichi Nakamura (Zettai Karen Children, Macross F) as Tatsuya Shiba, and Saori Hayami (Bakuman., MM!) as Miyuki Shiba. ASCII Media Works had registered the domain "MAHOUKA.jp" on September 5

http://mahouka.jp/

[youtube]http://youtu.be/HA78zJ2EpBs.*?[/youtube]

The story takes place in a world in which magic is not a fairy tale, but has existed for nearly one hundred years. In the spring, the Private Magic University Affiliated High School (Magic High School for short) is welcoming its new students, and names the top student with the best grades at the time of their arrival the Bloom (read as “garland” in Japanese), and the student called the Weed is the Bloom's replacement.

Siblings Tatsuya and Miyuki Shiba are designated as the Weed and Bloom, respectively. Miyuki is given the title of Bloom due to her amazing grades, while Tatsuya is given the title of Weed due to his poor practical magic scores. Tatsuya, the young man who always has a farsighted expression, and Miyuki, the young woman who feels far more for her brother than sibling love. Since the day the two entered the gates of the elite school, the establishment's peaceful days have become chaotic.

Satou began writing the novel with character designs and illustrations by Kana Ishida (Aquarion Evol character design) in 2008 under the Dengeki Bunko label, and ASCII Media Works is publishing the twelfth volume of the light novel series on Thursday.

Source: Dengeki Online via 0takomu, Nicotube Anime

[youtube]http://youtu.be/AKmVmadbrfI.*?[/youtube]

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Additional Staff & Cast

[Staff]
Director: Ono Manabu
Character Design: Ishida Kana
Music: Iwasaki Taku
Animation Production: Madhouse

[Cast]
Tatsuya Shiba (CV: Nakamura Yuuichi)
Miyuki Shiba (CV: Hayami Saori)
Leonhart Saijou (CV: Terashima Takuma)
Erika Chiba (CV: Uchiyama Yumi)
Mizuki Shibata (CV: Satou Satomi)
Honoka Mitsui (CV: Amamiya Sora)
Shizuku Kitayama (CV: Tatsumi Yuiko)
Mikihiko Yoshida (CV: Tamaru Atsushi)

The series will premiere on April 2014.

[color=#9D0A0A]Also! LiSA will be singing the OP![/color]
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528324_568945156514747_517786391_n.jpg
[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]HAH! ABOUT TIME.[/color][/h]

The LN series was good for me, so it'll be interesting to see how this one goes animated. Especially with LiSa for OST of all things.
Loved the manga as well.

[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]ALSO DAT WINCEST.[/color][/h]
I am really excited for this series. Ever since I got a peek of it in the teaser section at Baka-Tsuki. The animation looks decent from the PV and CM so far. Yuuichi Nakamura being the voice of Tats is only backing up how badass Tats is. Im fine with Saori Hayami being Miyuki. Regarding the other VAs, theyre fine in my opinion. But what Im really looking forward to is LiSA now. Thats like, BAM! More LiSA!
Been waiting for this, the LN is actually very entertaining to read, let's see if the adaptation can live up to it.
Also, LiSA! ♪(´ε` )
The only thing I'm waiting quite eagerly. Also wondering in what way will they mess things up.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
HS release is out.
[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH![/color][/h]

Miyuki brocon-yandere-in-training so cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Now waiting for love love hentai. Or sadistic NTR.

EDIT: nvm theres alot of it.
I liked it has a very nice bro - sis thing going

main dude brother is no push over like most MC's

an the sis an something as well
I'm really glad the opening exposition shows Tatuya's material burst. Which means this show's going to get to at least vol 8. 2 cour yayness!

Also that action sequence at Yakumo's place.
EmiyaKiritsugu wrote...
[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH![/color][/h]

Now waiting for love love hentai. Or sadistic NTR.

EDIT: nvm theres alot of it.

I'm with you on that one.
First episode wasn't bad.
Watched the specials and first episode.

I just started the LN too.
I like it so far, eager to see Tatsuya more.

Miyuki's voice still is meh to me. Though it is only the first episode.
Enjoyed the manga and LN, 1st episode was pretty good. Miyuki's voice I felt it was off for her, but I'll get used to it.
Since I've read the LN, it's interesting to note that they are skipping out on the ability explanations. Although it was expected as those parts tended to be several pages long, it was that "Sherlock Holmes"-esque parts that made me really like the series. So far, nothing seems to have failed apart from Miyuki's awkward voice and overly obvious bro on-ness. Looking forward to the rest of the series!
I'm expecting some great things from this series considering it's coming from a good light novel i've yet to find time to read.

While it's confusing as frak with the lack of explanations of this "magic" thing that they're pulling out of their pockets, it's something I'm content to wait an episode or two to allow itself to be explained.

I'm however feeling slightly uncomfortable with how fast the 3 sidekicks are getting close with a person they've barely met to be even standing up for a fight with the "elites". Good little sister's constant need to show us the viewers she's just one push away from pouncing her bro isn't exactly a trait i'm confident for enduring some 12- 24 episodes either. But time will tell. The power of wincest is a strange strange thing.

Overall. Good episode, there's no need for countdowns on this one. Yet.
Lol. The brother's seiyuu is the same as Kousaka's from Ore no Imouto and the lil sis' seiyuu is the same as Ayase's from Ore no Imouto.
Nice the MC just owns that guy ...

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/image/fall09/kampfer_09_01.jpg
I do hope Madhouse handles the xenophobia present in the light novels with some care. I really like the premise and characters, but holy shit is the source material racist.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
The three pre shorts were funny.
So far I've enjoyed how the show looks. Miyuki' voice bothers me a bit since -- to me at least -- it sounds too deep. But thus far, they've portrayed Tatsuya very well, it's literally as I've seen and heard him in my imagination. He's a silent badass.

But I hope they don't just skimp over the gym scene.... I found that part of the book particularly hilarious.
Pages 12Next