---
Type: TV
Episodes: 24
Aired: Jul 3, 2014 to ?
Producers: Xebec
Genres: Action, Mecha
Duration: Unknown
Rating: None

The Kingdom of Arandas Alliance and the Countries Unification of Ingelmia have been at war for many years. The situation has been at a stalemate across the fortress of the Great Wall, which has never been penetrated since the foundation of Arandas. The gate to the fortress has remained firmly closed, but when it creaks open, the complexity of war starts to change dramatically.

Episode 1 is out btw, so far it's not so good and yet not so bad either.
I'll say that one scene where the red mecha army came in, it felt like I was watching the Code Geass movie.
I'm cautiously, watching this one. MC so far isn't a pussy so, that's a plus.
deadsx wrote...

Although he's one of the types that screws up pre-battle plans and makes things worse (but some how manages to reverse the situation or even win).

This one of the mecha animes where the protagonist's low battle exp are increased with high performance/easy mode mech so he could match/beat veteran grunt pilots that uses average mechs.
rowanatkinson23 wrote...
deadsx wrote...

Although he's one of the types that screws up pre-battle plans and makes things worse (but some how manages to reverse the situation or even win).

This one of the mecha animes where the protagonist's low battle exp are increased with high performance/easy mode mech so he could match/beat veteran grunt pilots that uses average mechs.

Spoiler:
He seems entirely unnecessary. Mechanic girl says the mech needs a pilot, but all he has to do is "imagine"... She could have done it her self...

He sucks as a pilot... He jumps in, disobeying orders, messes up, gets his unit destroyed while taking down no one, and it's his partner who comes in, saves him, and destroys the 2 he could do nothing against. If mech needs a pilot, put the partner in it.. shes the better pilot.

And seriously... I hate when they "short cut" the learning process of an advance piece of hardware through some cheap trick... It's what mostly killed Valvrave for me.

The only mech anime that can pull off a mech "with a bag of tricks" is FMP, for me. The signs of growth for Sagara in this regard are extensively portrayed through his background and his character. Even more so, the system is treated as a liability as opposed to an advantage by Sagara who is incapable of using it properly seeing as it's foreign new technology compared to what he is used too.

The first Shirogane did the same thing with the protagonist, if I remember correctly, and if this stays true to the methods and goals of the original, I'll probably grow bored and drop it mid way as well. The outcome of where the pieces fell by the end of episode one was ridiculous to me.
bakapink wrote...
The only mech anime that can pull off a mech "with a bag of tricks" is FMP, for me.

Spoiler:
YES YES YES!!! Sagara, the one who beat a high spec mech while only using a weaker/weakest mech.
Not a bad pilot episode. The mechs remind me of Mechwarrior/Assault and the control scheme for them reminds me of when I played Steel Battalion (I miss that insane controller).

Spoiler:
The reveal for Argevollon was really reminiscent of the RX-79 in Mobile Suit Gundam 0079. I think Susumu also did (or did something very similar) the legendary Char AzanableRed Comet kick.

There are a couple of well designed characters and yet at the same time it seems that the main group has some pretty bad designs (like the MC).
Something I noticed about the first 3 eps

Spoiler:
Where are all the flying units? They Got tanks and Walkers but no one ha developed air units?

Also OP is pretty Good.
deadsx wrote...
Something I noticed about the first 3 eps

Spoiler:
Where are all the flying units? They Got tanks and Walkers but no one ha developed air units?

Maybe it'll turn out like Advance Wars.

Ep.3
Spoiler:
Gundam 79 Gundam 79 Gundam 79
Foreground Eclipse wrote...

Ep.3
Spoiler:
Gundam 79 Gundam 79 Gundam 79

Since I agree with you
Spoiler:
He met his "Char"? lol

There is one solution for this damn not-following orders Noob Pilot with High Spec Mech:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://tymoon.eu/data/chan/fab/files/134309298260483.png
This was made by Xebec right? Is this an original or an adaptation?

-DarkdaemonPK2
It's.. kinda bad so far. The main cast are all sons and daughters of kirito, they pick a very unnatural time to be resolute and it tries too hard to make me feel sorry for some people.