[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

623 wrote...
Sprite wrote...
I kinda dislike how everyone at Random Curiosity hates on the anime with the blogger only talking about the negative aspects. But despite that nothing can change my opinion that invincible hero protagonists are cool and SAO is a well done story.

Well, there's a reason they hate on it. I'll admit it's unfair to only focus on the negatives since SAO had good points, but it had glaring flaws too (more so in the latter half). Plot was shitty in ALO, Asuna didn't do jack, the antagonist was goofy and totally unbelievable as a human being, Yui was Deus Ex Machina: the character, and Kirito's a Gary Stu. You said you like Gary Stus, which is fine, but in the world of good writing, having a main character that you can relate to, that has flaws, is generally better.

Now, SAO wasn't all bad; it had good visuals and battles. The SAO universe was intriguing. I won't let it be said that it had a well done story though (at least with the anime).

The thing is, Asuna was not actually a main character in ALO, Suguha was.
Also a main character doesn't have to be one we can relate to, it's relaxing to read about someone who doesn't have severe self esteem problems, dumb as a brick, or dense like tungsten. Like Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukousei, he's basically invincible and is basically a super genius. The author practically brags how awesome he's suppose to be and it doesn't really come off as corny or anything.
So I've just watched the last episode today.
Spoiler:
It's a pretty decent ending. To be honest, I'm not sure how the ending could be made better. As a few people had mentioned before, that moment when Kirito and Leafa were dancing in the sky seems to give a irritable feeling to the Kirito x Asuna fans. But then again, it was a beautiful moment truth be told while I was watching it. Moreover, that moment when most of the SAO characters gathering to celebrate gave that happy feeling. (I still miss Sachi though...)

Overall, it's a slighty better-than-good anime to watch in my opinion, despite some of the negative comments that are spreading around the net. If season 2 does come out then I would look forward to watching it.
623 FAKKU QA
Sprite wrote...
Also a main character doesn't have to be one we can relate to, it's relaxing to read about someone who doesn't have severe self esteem problems, dumb as a brick, or dense like tungsten. Like Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukousei, he's basically invincible and is basically a super genius. The author practically brags how awesome he's suppose to be and it doesn't really come off as corny or anything.

You're right; a main character can be perfect. But, as I said, it is generally better when they're not.
Possibly a spoiler if someone hasn't watched the anime by this time.

Spoiler:
Is it ever mentioned why the players were not allowed to choose a gender other than their own in ALO? I remember there being complications, but I don't remember any detail ever being given to this. Being a person how always plays crossgender, I am fairly curious about this.
Moeiful wrote...
Possibly a spoiler if someone hasn't watched the anime by this time.

Spoiler:
Is it ever mentioned why the players were not allowed to choose a gender other than their own in ALO? I remember there being complications, but I don't remember any detail ever being given to this. Being a person how always plays crossgender, I am fairly curious about this.

It's a complication where male players felt seriously conflicted not having their thing in the game. Hell, I'd be.
castor212 wrote...

It's a complication where male players felt seriously conflicted not having their thing in the game. Hell, I'd be.

Yeah, I was just wondering if there was any more to that. Is it just that it feels weird?

I have lost feeling there for about a week due to surgery and pain meds. Personally though I wouldn't see the big deal...

Idk, I guess I was just hoping there was more. It has just been bothering me for multiple months now.

Personally want to see players attempting to trick the system into thinking they are a different gender... lol
Wow, i debated on whether to watch this series or not and decided to give it a try. It was surprisingly amazing since i thought the main character was gonna be a nerdy, gamer type and he wasn't. Then it got to the romantic part i hadn't been warned about (since i'm not exactly a fan of anime/manga romance unless it's well done) but it was really lovely and sweet rather than being gross and cheesy. In the end it became one of my favourite animes since the soundtrack and characters are all beautiful.
Looks like SAO will be on Toonami starting in August. Plus $90 for the Blu-ray version? ouch....

Forgot the link

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-24/sword-art-online-to-air-on-toonami-starting-in-august
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Anyone know if they plan on making a third season? Or are there only 2 books to base it off of?
Kaimax Best Master-San
Tsujoi wrote...
Anyone know if they plan on making a third season? Or are there only 2 books to base it off of?

Haven't heard a thing for a season 3.

If it's running on the same amount of episodes (25) and using the same formula from the first season, then it will probably cover "Phantom Bullet","Mother Rosario", and probably the last ALO sidestory, "Caliber".
Finished watching. It's a good thing I didn't watched it when it is still airing, each episode is a cliffhanger..
Overall it's a great anime though not great as its light novel counterpart.. I liked it. I'm glad to see my Asuna in the end... Kirito you lucky bastard..
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
RedEyeHairy wrote...
Looks like SAO will be on Toonami starting in August. Plus $90 for the Blu-ray version? ouch....

Forgot the link

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-24/sword-art-online-to-air-on-toonami-starting-in-august

Ha it' s 110$ a vol in japan.
Necro Bump!

Why? Because I am sitting on my ass right now on New Years Eve day waiting for the Extra Edition episode to air in about an hour and a half.

Also

http://www.swordart-online.net/

SAO II scheduled for 2014.
Extra Edition is out.
Just to let you know.
90% flashback as if its a quick summary and a bridge to the upcoming second season.

My body is ready for you 2014!
dammit

Great way to ruin christmas and 2014
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Ryssen wrote...
dammit

Shush ice king.
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
I wonder if SAO II is going to be one season only. I can see them stretching out GGO to the point where it might fit int 24/25 episodes but I definitely don't see them squishing Alicitization into 12 or 13 (Hell the web novels have been taken down so the source material isn't even finished with it yet).

So far I'm not too happy about the design they thought for Kirito GGO, it makes him look too much like a babe IMHO.

Another thing they could do is put in the Caliber SS and Mother's Rosario as filler I guess, since MR is pretty much fanservice at its best.
Ryssen wrote...
dammit

SAO be milking more hype and money. Yee yee son, that's the way to go.