[Anime] Tokyo Ghoul

Pages Prev12345Next
WideEyedMan wrote...
This censorship. It sucks, should look for a broadcasting station where Funimation hasn't clipped it in the nads.

It is pretty bad, but I'm pretty sure the censoring is done on the Japan side of things... Funi just puts up what the Japanese give them. Either way, it hasn't been bad to the point where I'd rather not watch it at all, the story is too good. Well, that and Kana Hanazawa is phenomenal as Rize.
WideEyedMan wrote...
This censorship. To be frank it's not even satisfying the gore itch anymore so much as seeing black screens ruining plot relevant or fight-scenes, good job Funimation. I'm going to watch the raw and hope it's better.

EDIT: Nope no dice.

Apparently, every broadcasting station has this anime censored, even the ones that sometimes broadcast uncensored gore. I haven't watch it yet, but probably I shouldn't have high expectation for this episode if I want to see lots of blood.
Definitely looking forward to next episode and I'll make sure to start the manga very soon. Hopefully there will be an uncensored version at some point at the future (bd etc.).

It's nice that the foreshadowing isn't too obvious yet enough to have that triumphant feeling of "calling it" and not "I fucking knew it."
I'm really liking the opening. This artist did the Psycho-Pass opening as well. I could tell as soon as it started playing.
Spoiler:

The censorship is disappointing though. Guess we just have to wait for the BDs.
DameDesuYo already said that they will be doing the BD's, if anyone's interested.

Then again, there's always the mang0. :P
Ammy wrote...
I'm really liking the opening.

The censoring is a bitch. But I'll put up with it.

The opening, as well as the PV, showed white-haired Kaneki and "Jason".

This series is in for a looooong~ haul.

[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]WHICH MEANS MORE SUFFERING KANEKI.

SO KAWAII~!
[/color][/h]

I'm kinda sad though that the first english translations were in 2013.

The manga series began in 2011 and has spawned 130+ chapters.

Mega ultra spoiler alert:
Spoiler:
[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]RISE IS ARIVE. LE DOCTORE IS USING HER SUPER REGENERATIVE ABILITIES TO MAKE TONS OF CRONES. AND YES SHE HAS HER FULL BODY BACK AND ALL YET SHE IS RESTRAINED!
RISE IS LOVE!
[/color][/h]
Ep.2
Spoiler:
Laughed hard in the beginning when Kaneki got his ass kicked like Shinji from Eva.

Best girl of the season so far:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/a7OwH/c713f71f23.jpg
I just started it and am enjoying it much since these types of animes are my preference (Basically horror) but the obvious censoring annoys me (and everyone else too it seems) so I started reading the manga. And now I can see the anime made some changes. Dunno if for the better or worse.

Spoiler:
Still laughing that supposedly a super strong ghoul was killed so easily. Rise I think her name is
Deleted at users request wrote...

Deleted at users request

Spoiler:
She ain't dead. She's a guinea pig now.
All part of KEIKAKU.
[size=10]The censoring during the death of glasses dude was so disappointing. They could've just blacked it out, not changing the colors. [/h]
Finally able to watch the episode. Them censors though...

Spoiler:
Still, the opening was fantastic. It looked like Touka had a rough fight with Kaneki. I wish they could've shown that scene. Also, evil HanaKana tempting Kaneki to satisfy his hunger is a guilty pleasure of mine. The short gag at the end was unexpected to be honest. Good episode overall.

And an extra,
Spoiler:
Something I found on MAL. It's only that certain scene I could find so far but I should say that whoever did this is boss level.
Forum Image: https://31.media.tumblr.com/e82a2c128ed77b3e25ef3f34bec6085f/tumblr_n8ibcfHz7x1r3rdh2o1_500.gif
Loved this episode, they captured Gourmet so well.

http://a.pomf.se/owvlbm.webm
He needs to change his pants after that.
That guy is giving me goosebumps...
AzelleFans wrote...

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_n98erep9nW1r4n0roo1_1406231184_cover.jpg

His faaaaaaaaaaaceee. It's so silly. Just wait there's better nutters in Tokyo Ghoul later on.
WideEyedMan wrote...
AzelleFans wrote...

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_n98erep9nW1r4n0roo1_1406231184_cover.jpg

His faaaaaaaaaaaceee. It's so silly. Just wait there's better nutters in Tokyo Ghoul later on.

Hope it's not too long, otherwise there're possibilities that the anime will not shows that nutter...
Episode four was far too predictable.
Foreground Eclipse wrote...
Episode four was far too predictable.

It's supposed to be predictable, building up suspense for the climax.

So right now it's officially off the track from the manga material. They aren't doing anything TOO outlandish to be called disruptive or simply poor thus far, in fact I think it was actually a pretty good idea to go with the Gourmet arc first then the Dove arc so that people can really settle in with Touka and Hinami. I actually like the scenes they added in, mostly because of the HAAEEEEEEERRRRRMONIEEEEEEEEEE! Damn I want the BDs so bad.

I'm not a big fan of the soundtrack, it's super generic in most action movies.

Chuuuu~...puns
The moment Kaneki discovered that "coffee was delicious" in Anteiku and not in his apartment, I knew that this was gonna go off-track from the manga.... I feel like they're just gonna rush and skim through the epic scenes just to get to the part where...

Spoiler:
Kaneki becomes the Protagonist we all dreamed he could be..... he becomes an incredibly badass character after enduring Jason's torture (Somehow his new personality reminds me of Rize's personality... a foreshdowing, maybe?)
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Episode 5:

all I can say is FORTISSSIMO!!
Spoiler:
I couldn't stop laughing my ass off at Shū's creepy obbsession over our little hero's scene. I also had to applaud the voice acting for that part, because that cum squeal had me at a lost for words x3

Misaki_Chi wrote...
Episode 5:

all I can say is FORTISSSIMO!!
Spoiler:
I couldn't stop laughing my ass off at Shū's creepy obbsession over our little hero's scene. I also had to applaud the voice acting for that part, because that cum squeal had me at a lost for words x3

start video at 3:10 and watch the lewdness in action.

.... Dat guy is trully giving me goosebumps... Luckily, Touka is still as cute as ever in that eps.
Pages Prev12345Next