[Anime] Tokyo Ghoul

Pages Prev12345Next
Definitely not a horror fan but I really like this one a lot! I'm following it weekly though lately I'm behind with 2-3 episodes ; ; but I read some of the manga so I'm kind of updated! I love the art and the story kekekeke and the opening theme and animation is just stunning *A*
Episode 11
Spoiler:
Amon dual wields now. And Nishiki being the meat shield as we all know. The action scenes are alright. Censorhsips here and there. Curious about that 3 ghouls vs 1 bad guy ghoul fight. That scene where the police squad looked like they shat in their pants when they saw the One-eyed Owl was hilarious. Welp, last episode coming tomorrow. And here comes white hair Kaneki. Though I've always wondered how he ended up having that hair colour.
Finale in a nutshell, anime spoilers(duh).

http://a.pomf.se/xeqboh.webm
Foreplay

http://a.pomf.se/mrvebp.webm
Dirty Talking

http://a.pomf.se/pxcedc.webm
Annnnd the hooker left with all my money while I was tied to the bed. Raging boner left unanswered. GREAT.

Pillow talk

I'll decide on how to evaluate Tokyo Ghoul later but I'm sort of satisfied with the finale.
I absolutely loved the finale for this. It's actually probably a pretty bad ending if they have no season 2 planned, but I have my mind pretty set on reading the manga now. Loved the show.
Zaff wrote...
It's actually probably a pretty bad ending if they have no season 2 planned.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-19/website-2nd-tokyo-ghoul-anime-season-begins-in-january/.78943 Pillow talk link.

Zaff wrote...
have my mind pretty set on reading the manga now

Manga just ended. People are sending death threats to the mangaka for it's ending too, it's hilarious.
The anime was riding a weak 7 or 6/10. The finale was a 5/10. At least it wasn't as bad as Strike the Blood...And censoring strangulation, seriously? The anime is like the USA and nipples.

Somewhat looking forward to season two. Overall verdict is...5.2/10 counting the finale, 6.8/10 not counting the finale (I don't like dropping anime scores entirely based on one episode).
Kaimax Best Master-San
WideEyedMan wrote...
Zaff wrote...

Manga just ended. People are sending death threats to the mangaka for it's ending too, it's hilarious.

If the mangaka doesn't continue it for some reason, he kinda "deserves it"...

It's just so stupid, even canceled mangas have better rushed endings than Tokyo Ghoul.
Kaimax wrote...
If the mangaka doesn't continue it for some reason, he kinda "deserves it"...

That is a terrible thing to say.

Kaimax wrote...
It's just so stupid, even canceled mangas have better rushed endings than Tokyo Ghoul.

In October the mangaka is making an announcement in something called "Tokyo Ghoul 24 Wards Secret Reception" so I'm almost certain Tokyo Ghoul isn't over and the mangaka is just trolling.

Odamust wrote...
Spoiler:
Though I've always wondered how he ended up having that hair colour.

Makise Kurisu will probably remain one of my favorite heroines in a VN, bear that Lab Member Pin Badge with much justice.

Spoiler:
Partially it's just for the bamf and to symbolize his change(so it can be considered a convenient device), although many theorize it's because he's related to special investigator Arima or that high-class cannibal ghouls will get white hair after cannibalization. Furthermore the classic description of a Ghoul is a cannibal with a pallid features or a form of semi-sentient undead.
WideEyedMan wrote...
Zaff wrote...
It's actually probably a pretty bad ending if they have no season 2 planned.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-19/website-2nd-tokyo-ghoul-anime-season-begins-in-january/.78943 Pillow talk link.

Zaff wrote...

Oh shit, thats really fast too, maybe I'll just wait on the anime instead of jumping into the manga, especially if its ending is that bad.
It's not like the manga is that extraordinarily amazing to begin with so why the mangaka is getting death threats I don't know. Funny, this stupid manga wouldn't even exist if not for the mangaka. But they'll turn on him like a dime as soon as he does something they don't like. I swear it's like holding writers hostage almost. Has anyone ever seen the movie Misery? That's basically the perfect example of how these people are.

Be critical if you want. Yes. Good.

Resulting to idiotic crying and threats? No.. I swear they must have all been 14-16 year olds and this was their first edgy anime/manga.

Slightly off topic but now I want Levi from AOT to be killed even more just so I can watch the fans flip out.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Deleted at users request wrote...
Deleted at users request

First and foremost, Did you actually read the last chapter?

-Well, here's the deal, you're the mangaka and you manage to gain a good number of fans that like your story, if you suddenly say "I'm ending the manga here without any questions resolved" How would you think the fans would feel.

-How can you be critical with a manga ending like that?

-Tokyo ghoul is Seinen to begin with, so your comment looks more childish in contrast.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Deleted at users request wrote...
Deleted at users request

Internet preaching
TL;DR
Both of you stop acting childish, from the second response onward you both resorted to mudslinging and abandoned all thought of discourse. I suggest you show courtesy even if the other party doesn't show it and respect different opinions on the subject, regardless of how radical or inept that opinion appears to you. If this hasn't already ended, I'm not going to tell you to stop but I am going to hope you two choose to act on your better halves from hereon.
WideEyedMan wrote...
Kaimax wrote...

In October the mangaka is making an announcement in something called "Tokyo Ghoul 24 Wards Secret Reception" so I'm almost certain Tokyo Ghoul isn't over and the mangaka is just trolling.

Is this true?

The anime was just disappointing imho, but I still love the manga despite the controversial ending.

Spoiler:
Then again, it solved none of the subplots of the story, so if Ishida Sui is going to announce a sequel, then it's all well and good.
should i give this a watch ?

i skipped it
creapsmantic wrote...
should i give this a watch ?

You don't lose much from giving it a try, it's not that terrible. I would highly suggest waiting for the uncut BDs though, since some scenes will be less confusing with the censorship removed.

pihip wrote...
Is this true?

http://youngjump.jp/tokyoghoul/event/, honestly you probably should have just googled it. However if you are asking on if the manga is going to continue after that ending, I'm going to say "optimistically probable".

So after sitting around for an interminably long time and watching the anime again, I've decided that Tokyo Ghoul is probably average.

Spoiler:
Pacing is awful near the mid way point of the series where everything started to randomly speed up and slow down for no apparent reason then things got incredibly interesting in the astoundingly animated finale. Although the finale was fairly cheesy because it was out of context with the ramp of the previous episode and left off with a TERRIBLE cliffhanger. There were quite a few scene skips which will likely leave most blind viewers momentarily disoriented. Some characters feel inconsequential, as if they were added in for convenience like Banjou(although the manga sorta fixes that). Pretty bad stuff.

What Tokyo Ghoul did right was not absolutely piss on the manga adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul and make bold choices in distinguishing itself from the manga that paid off big time. I won't bore people with the details, but basically scenes like Kaneki's monologue in the finale and more so felt better than the already strong scenes in the manga. Those scenes are what will probably make the most positive impact on people, because they were EXCEPTIONALLY animated probably the best I've seen in a long, long time in the anime industry. The characters are pretty compelling, it's easy to relate to their motivations, passions and get sucked into the troubles; another first in a long time I've cared for a character. Pretty amazing stuff.

I'm confused whether to hug it or slap it sometimes but I came out of this experience with Tokyo Ghoul vaguely pleased. So it's alright.
WideEyedMan wrote...

Spoiler:
Partially it's just for the bamf and to symbolize his change(so it can be considered a convenient device), although many theorize it's because he's related to special investigator Arima or that high-class cannibal ghouls will get white hair after cannibalization. Furthermore the classic description of a Ghoul is a cannibal with a pallid features or a form of semi-sentient undead.

Spoiler:
Hmm, interesting. So was he fed ghoul meat during his torture time with Jason? Or was it that he ate Rize in his subconscious which caused him to magically grow white hair?

On a main note,
Spoiler:
The last episode was actually alright. I was expecting some bad stuff since "hurrdurr rushing" and "fucking censorships ruining everything" were the majority of what I've read from other places during the week before finally getting to watch it. I mean seriously, this episode felt definitely slower when compared with the previous episodes. If they had used that pace from the start then...oh well, what's done is done. Though what bugged me in this episode was Jason yelling Kaneki throughout the entire fight scene. Well that's one of the things I could think of for now.

Anywho, if there's a second season coming soon then hopefully they do continue where they left off instead of the scenes about the one-eyed owl, the 3v1 ghoul match and siblings slapping each others' wings be just a fleeting memory described in a few minutes just to start off with the next arc quickly.
I'm tired of ghouls and cannibal-esque demon related stuff.. the only thing i like from dis anime is the Kagune integrated ghoul weapons.
Everyone should read this manga its so good
JuicyPorkChops Hentai Senpai
I loved the anime but that ending was such a damn cliffhanger... But season 2 might come out January 2015. Was confirmed but then they de-listed it so not sure.
Pages Prev12345Next