Ao No Exorcist

Pages Prev12345Next
I dropped this almost as soon as we entered a school setting, but judging from the comments perhaps I should pick it back up?
oneshott wrote...
I dropped this almost as soon as we entered a school setting, but judging from the comments perhaps I should pick it back up?

You really should. The school setting is not like the typical high school ones you see in other shounen series, seeing as how the students take special exorcist classes instead of normal school courses. That said, traditional school life is pretty much inexistent in Ao no Exorcist. I don't have anything against the genre, but I don't want to see it in every anime that I watch.

So, basically, think of it as a type of Hogwarts for exorcists.
Ichiban16 wrote...
Finally this is the ep that ive been waiting :D

[font=comic sans ms]YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....i agree with you on that!
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Ep.15 was pretty awesome

Spoiler:
Lol @ the dumbasses shooting fireworks at a fucking demon.
ep 16 a great and cant wait for 17...
HungLikeAZombie wrote...

Granted they added a little into the anime that was not part of the original manga, lol. Although I am not complaining. Can't wait to see how far the story goes.
Kaimax Best Master-San
ArashiX wrote...
HungLikeAZombie wrote...

Granted they added a little into the anime that was not part of the original manga, lol. Although I am not complaining. Can't wait to see how far the story goes.

At least it wasn't a full filler, like the Squid Episode. And Yoshikuni is cute anyway, so that's a bonus.
Another great ep looking forward for 17!
[font=comic sans ms]It's going to be a 25 or 26 episode run from what i heard. They're more than likely going to have to come up with an original ending.
azylsagara wrote...
[font=comic sans ms]It's going to be a 25 or 26 episode run from what i heard. They're more than likely going to have to come up with an original ending.

Or go on hiatus.

In any case, onto my thoughts of episode 16!

So this episode left me in turmoil throughout watching it simply because my memory told me differently from the manga.

It all starts with the realization that this little piece is missing:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://4.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5646/04-014.0/compressed/ojac_ao_no_exorcist_ch_014.022.jpgForum Image: http://4.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5646/04-014.0/compressed/ojac_ao_no_exorcist_ch_014.024.jpgYeah I used mangafox for this. Shut it.

Actually, I hat to agree with azylsagara at this point but I think we may see a very early end to this anime. Oh the shame. This was probably the biggest anime on my watch list.

I could go on and on, the exact moment my memory of the manga stops failing me is when they basically teleport to Kyoto and visit a sword smith. Actually it was the state of Rin throughout the trial. I vaguely remembered him being awake and highly oblivious to the fact that Mephisto is a demon despite everything being said about the guy. I guess this works too.

Still a good episode, unluckily I am not forseeing a good future for the anime in terms of continuation.

Edit: Actually I can predict the ending to the anime now. Everyone helps Rin and they fail to kick Satan's ass because Dio replaced Satan recently. Then they have a happy ending.

Yeah, I easily lose hope. I need a hug.
God, I'll be honest...episode 16 sucked, and yes it is just because most of it was pointless filler.
MrShadowzs wrote...
pointless filler.

no... the squid was pointless filler 16 was decent...

17 was
Spoiler:
great
Kaimax Best Master-San
This is pretty much going to be like the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime. I'm not complaining if they can still put more "shonen" stuff in.
Okay 16 wasn't that great but 17 gives me hope once more for this series, it is a slight depart from the manga but that's honestly okay by me.
ep 17

Spoiler:
very cool episode...though I'm kinda disappointed in Rin's "friends" because they are supporting him like I thought they would. the next episode should be very very interesting

also did anyone see those commercials at the very beginning of the episode? those where funny/WTF to me.
I'm tempted to break my tradition and just watch Ao no exorcist now rather wait til friday to watch all the anime I'm currently following.

Why? Just to add my two cents on episode 17 and give my prediction of the series direction at this point.
Pervy Fatman wrote...
ep 17

Spoiler:
very cool episode...though I'm kinda disappointed in Rin's "friends" because they are supporting him like I thought they would. the next episode should be very very interesting

also did anyone see those commercials at the very beginning of the episode? those where funny/WTF to me.

Spoiler:
What do you mean? were you expecting them to be more hateful or be more sympathetic?
IvIajoi2n wrote...
Pervy Fatman wrote...
ep 17

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
What do you mean? were you expecting them to be more hateful or be more sympathetic?

Spoiler:
I was kind of hoping they would be more supportive of him now that they found out. Like actually help him along with things instead of just turning their backs on him. so far the only ones not to do that have been Shiemi(which is obvious) and Izumo(thats one I'm not to sure about).
Pervy Fatman wrote...
IvIajoi2n wrote...
Pervy Fatman wrote...
ep 17

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I was kind of hoping they would be more supportive of him now that they found out. Like actually help him along with things instead of just turning their backs on him. so far the only ones not to do that have been Shiemi(which is obvious) and Izumo(thats one I'm not to sure about).

Spoiler:
I half agree with you, i expected a bit more sympathy from some of them. but i actually like Soguro and Konekomaru's approach somewhat, it's kind of teetering between Nuetral and Hate. I can see the writers were trying to make the two of them appear torn between what they know of Rin and what they've just found out. But it comes off as really weak, i'd like for Ryuji to be a bit more up front about it and maybe even get in Rin's face a bit, but he backs off.

Not that i want Rin and some of his friends to become enemies, but it can lead to development for both characters if they play the confrontation correctly. They're just being really careful about it for whatever reason :\
And with episode 17 we move the train back on track every now and again while adding to the map directions routes that could ultimately throw us off track.

Spoiler:
The whole "Everyone distrusts Rin" thing was needed. It served as a motivator for Rin to want to control his powers so he could prove that he was not a danger to anyone.

This spoiler tag is filled with me comparing episode 17 to the manga. This will eventually stop hopefully.
Spoiler:
So in this episode, after the whole court room thing, Rin would go to class to only find Shiemi and Izumo in class. Nothing big happens other than Rin being pulled out of class to be given Shura as a teacher. The events in the classroom that happened in episode (Rin trying to save Shiemi with his flames) happens later in the manga.

After his cloths light on fire, we see some black spots under Yukios arm that may signify Yukio also having powers.

I'm probably gonna just stop altogether doing these comparisons. At this rate I will be comparing so much that it will basically come down to me just linking the chapters themselves and then saying "this is what should have happened in this episode at this time".

Sadly, I'm losing hope in the anime and that is a shame seeing as this was my most anticipated adaptation. Now all I have is Blood-C and Nurarihyon.
Pages Prev12345Next