Ao No Exorcist

Pages Prev12345Next
GOD DAMN IT MORE FUCKING FILLER <---my reaction to episode 18
jmason Curious and Wondering
Episode 18... fairly decent, it was nice to just sit back and watch with a bag of popcorn not knowing anything about the episode story (I read the manga already, this ep is a complete filler). A couple more won't hurt a bit.
MrShadowzs wrote...

As I haven't seen episode 18 yet and have yet to see the preview for next weeks episode, all I have to say is be ready for more.
Akasen wrote...
MrShadowzs wrote...

As I haven't seen episode 18 yet and have yet to see the preview for next weeks episode, all I have to say is be ready for more.

Oh yeah I saw the preview, it's called "the day where nothing happened" for christs sake, now they're just trying to piss me off.
MrShadowzs wrote...
Akasen wrote...
MrShadowzs wrote...

Oh yeah I saw the preview, it's called "the day where nothing happened" for christs sake, now they're just trying to piss me off.

I'm gonna see if I can't spoil the end to the anime.
Spoiler:
Yukio is revealed to also have demon powers and then proceeds to be possessed by Satan and then Rin fights Yukio, defeats Satan (and kicks his ass) and everyone lives happily ever after

EDIT 8/19/2011: This filler technically would be fine if it had little context to the main plot. Other than that, it's an ok filler sorta just the direction we are headed is really iffy. I actually like the name of the next filler episode, "A Day Where Nothing Happens". I must applaud them for at least being truthful.
THIS FILLER...was actually not so bad, yeah it was fucking stupid and has nothing to do with the plot, but at least it was enjoyable, so I'll look the other way this time.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Are you sure that "this is a filler. " Not an original episode that will lead us to an original ending". Much like the 1st Fullmetal alchemist.

The problem is there won't be anymore material from the manga, since it only has 6 episodes left (from 25) and they can't possibly fit in the Kyoto Arc and it's not even over yet.

And there's no indication for a 2nd season yet.
BTW, you get biased if you kept saying "filler, filler, filler"

Don't hate the filler, hate the guys who rushed the anime production.
the episode is different compare to the manga
suppose to be rin would be feel isolated
from the others due to the fact that his the son of satan
and due to that fear from what happen to the blue night...
although only Konekomaru cause a fear from rin but it been
solve from the fight in episode 18
I wonder what will happen next???
Kaimax wrote...
Are you sure that "this is a filler. " Not an original episode that will lead us to an original ending". Much like the 1st Fullmetal alchemist.

The problem is there won't be anymore material from the manga, since it only has 6 episodes left (from 25) and they can't possibly fit in the Kyoto Arc and it's not even over yet.

And there's no indication for a 2nd season yet.
BTW, you get biased if you kept saying "filler, filler, filler"

Don't hate the filler, hate the guys who rushed the anime production.

If it looks like filler and smells like filler it's filler, also you're right I can feel them slowly trying to get more serious and find a place to end it (thou I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as the original FMA, but you never know).
jmason wrote...
Episode 18... fairly decent, it was nice to just sit back and watch with a bag of popcorn not knowing anything about the episode story (I read the manga already, this ep is a complete filler). A couple more won't hurt a bit.

Yeah, even though episode 18 was an anime original ep, I still really enjoyed it, and will continue to watch the anime, whether its original content or from the manga.
Kaimax there's a certain indication that this will end differently than the manga and that is the major divergence in plot the anime took after episode 16 and 17. Looking back at those episodes, we would have actually been fine if the added bits and pieces were just the whole "We have to reforge the sword" thing and "kill" of Amaimon (Who is not dead, no complaint).

Even if the ending was all that good, it will sadly be overshadowed by the continuing manga. I actually calculated it in my head and concluded the anime would have been at around episode 32ish if adapted everything from the manga including monthly releases assuming now delay in the manga release. They could have called hiatus somewhere although it would be a bit sudden considering the anime doesn't really have a good place to end.

I'll admit it, I'm whining. I'm not all too happy and no one wants to hear every fan complain about the anime. Sure I'm enjoying the anime but it was stuff like this that made me lose most hope in anime. I floated around back in the day just watching anime like crazy and then slowly what I watched slowly diminished to simply Bleach until Bleach hit filler arc IN THE MIDDLE OF ANOTHER ARC. Because I never read the manga, filler arcs after other arcs didn't bother me cause most arcs ended on a note and then acted like a month passed since the events of the last arc (also an appropriate place to end a season for an anime to continue later). After Bleach, I gave up on anime and stuck mostly to manga. Sometimes I would pop my head out to watch some anime but I didn't get back into watching it until last year when I realized that this lovely community helps me keep up to date with upcoming series.

The point I'm trying to make is, yes I am willing to accept this anime adaptation and enjoy it but unlike something like FMA's first adaptation this will leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth and a sad feeling like Mahou Sensei Negima, or the original 13 episode Hellsing TV series or DNAngel, or Black Cat, or Karin, or the Tsukihime anime.

All I can really say in the end is, "Why is this happening to this anime?" I am slowly concluding this isn't that popular in Japan and so it's ending due to lack of popularity. It's either that or budget which probably ties in with popularity.

Also Episode 19 was okay. I am kinda interested in Yukio's stigma and the anime's take on this but sad feelings and bad taste await me. At least I have Blood-C, Nuramago, and Carnival Phantasm to look forward to.

Edit: Wow, wall of text. I should spoiler tag this to take up less space
Catcher wrote...
Pretty good first episode:

Spoiler:
Halfway through, I realized that Accelerator was voicing the main character, and that definitely made my jaw drop. And the father is a badass, complete with badass music.

I did not realize that until just now. Sweet!
Episode 20
Reaction: It was okay.
Mood: sad
Ep 21
it was okay,but what's surprising is that they are not following the manga
[font=comic sans ms]Episode 21 felt really rushed. I felt like I was missing something every couple or so events. The ending bit after the ED was interesting.
Ehhh, where this is going so far, it's alright I guess, it's obviously abandoned the manga completely, but it could turn out alright.
Disgusting wrote...
[font=Courier New]So many koreans started watching because a 2PM (famous SK boy band group) did the ED song and one of their members tweeted the ED song on youtube. lololo.
In other news, I think the exorcist father was a fucking badass kind of guy.[/font]

really? 2PM is the one who sing the ED song?
i didn't realize before..^^
Kaimax Best Master-San
And like I previously said, "This is a new Original Arc" that would lead to an original ending for the anime, not a filler. Like the first FMA anime.

Seriously a new paladin out of a sudden.
check out this twist
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/254/5/7/aoex_episode_22_screen_shot_by_makeyo_kirishame-d49j7if.jpg

and i can't wait for the current arc of the manga to end so week get an izumo arc
Kaimax Best Master-San
michelous wrote...
and i can't wait for the current arc of the manga to end so week get an izumo arc

The problem is, it will only run for 25 episodes so, trying to fill it with that Arc is impossible.
AND there's no plan of making 2nd season, and the continuity is pretty much fucked to death if they want to continue the story to the manga.
Pages Prev12345Next