[Anime] Dog Days Season 3 (Winter 2014/205)

Finally the long wait is over. Season 3 is scheduled for January of 2015. To be honest, I was worried that this will be canceled due to the long hiatus although they did mention a season 3 is on the works, but the lack of info on the exact date when it will be announced to be aired made me a bit suspicious that the project may had already been killed.

Fortunately, Dog Days 3 will still push forward next year, if there will be no more issues that will happen. Fans of the series will once again have the chance to journey back to Flonyard and meet the entire cast in an all new adventure.

Ahh... I cant wait to watch DD 3, and the suspense is killing me. So far, that's the only thing I can say for now. Feel free to write your comments about this upcoming anime in 2015. If there was a DD 3 thread/post created before, the mods can feel free to rectify this issue. If this is the first for this thread, then I suppose it can sit on the forums for the meantime.

-DarkdaemonPK2
HUrray guilty pleasure anime GOOOOO
Season 3...
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/QywhSuc.gif

Spoiler:

-The ending to season 1 made me want a 2nd season.

-Season 2 made me regret wanting that.
Rowdy Rocker! wrote...
Season 3...
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/QywhSuc.gif

Spoiler:

-The ending to season 1 made me want a 2nd season.

-Season 2 made me regret wanting that.

Yeah, season 2 was a bit weak on the plot compared to season 1 but cheer up! Perhaps season 3 will have a better story this time. You may never know what will happen in the future so just wait for the meantime.

-DarkdaemonPK2
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
cheer up! Perhaps season 3 will have a better story this time. You may never know what will happen in the future so just wait for the meantime.

-DarkdaemonPK2

Hmm... I don't know about that. In my book season 2 fuck the story up completely, so I highly doubt it's gonna get better, at all. However I will give Dog Day"s the benefit of the doubt and still give it a chance.
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
Dog Days 3

[color=red]OH, HELL NO.[/color]

This anime is taking up a spot that could be occupied by something with an actual plot.

I can't believe this shit got green-lit 3 times.
Wow, looks like a lot of people are angry about Dog Days having another season. Well, it's already given a go signal for next year so lets just see what will happen.

photo DogDays-OfficialArt-SnuggleTail_zpse1edeb5b.jpg

-DarkdaemonPK2
On the bright side, I get to hear Mizuki Nana sing more opening theme songs... I think. :D
Gambler wrote...
On the bright side, I get to hear Mizuki Nana sing more opening theme songs... I think. :D

If Mizuki Nana isn't doing the openings - I'm out.

She's the reason I watch a lot of anime I don't even start normally.

There are a few other artists I really like, and will watch anime for though, if they happen to be the ones doing the OP, such as YUI, Kalafina, Nano.RIPE, and some others.
Dog Days season 3 will just be in a few days. I may not be able to watch it when it is available due to internet issues w/c is a horrible start for 2016. But aside from that I really hope it will not be crappy compared to season 2 (although I did get to see a lot of interesting new characters there, but yes, weak plot and turn of events). However, even if it does get really horrible, I will still watch it to the end since I've already promised myself I will watch it no matter what happens. Call it blind loyalty, but that is just how I'm committed to my promises.

-DarkdaemonPK2
2 weeks and 2 episodes has passed, we finally saw the much awaited 3rd season of Dog Days and those who have waited patiently, like me, I can safely report that it was worth it. However, the season is not over so I will just write the synopsis and my impressions based on the last 2 episodes.

Episode 1 was a bit action packed with the whole issue of Cinque and Nanami getting off course to an unknown land when they went back (or summoned back) to Flonyard. They met a dragon priestess named Sharl/Sharu and said that a huge number of demons has been attacking the dragons in her land. Becky was the only one that was able to arrive at the right destination and all the other countries went and looked for the missing heroes.

Episode 2 reveals that dragon priestesses can communicate with dragons and act like soothsayers so that problems with dragons can be averted with the inhabitants of Flonyard. Also, dragons are like elemental gods that bring life to the land (although I'm not certain if it covers the entirety of Flonyard or if is just the land where the dragons reside). The remaining heroes are finally found and helped the dragon priestess with her fight w/ the remaining demons, but all the other countries was alerted of the threat w/c escalated to a full scale war against the forces of evil.

I really liked the 1st 2 episodes since the fight scenes was on a different land and they can get hurt for real since they are away from the barriers in their kingdoms that protects them from any forms of injury. Sharl/Sharu the Dragon Priestess is an interesting character; her weapons and clothing (w/c gives an exotic look) are hand made in contrast to the 3 kingdoms that have access to modern weapons and better technology.

Like Vert Far Breton, she wields bow and arrows and she can also use emblem arts and use the power of the dragons, though I have not seen her use it yet but she should be able to, since she is a dragon priestess. And lastly, this debuts a character in the series that is based on an animal that has not been used regularly in anime: w/c is a horse. Usually we see foxes or dogs or cats fused to humans (or maybe just the ears and tails being used) but this is the 3rd horse character I've seen so far (one is from the anime Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger in w/c the characters are based on the Chinese Zodiac so there is a horse character there; the second is Helios from the SuperS arc from the Sailor Moon series; And if you want to add that character who wears a horse's head, in w/c I'm not sure if it Jacob or some other merry men in Fakku.net, then you can add that as well but I'm not accountable for it.) w/c surprised me since I thought she was a different animal or mythical creature. I guess that would explain why she can run so fast.

Hopefully, the next episodes will still be action packed w/ a lot of comedy and less crap like seen on season 2. And I hope, as well that, it will use some dark elements but for a colorful fantasy anime like Dog Days, it may not materialize since the chances are small, but truly not impossible in a whole.

-DarkdaemonPK2