Sweat v0.0.2 - Updated 11/10/2015

Pages 12Next
For a while now I've wanted to make a desktop client for FAKKU modeled after Steam (with access to books, subscription chapters, games, etc). I had a few spare hours today and made a quick demo to give an idea of what it might be like and I wanted to show you all first.

This is incredibly janky and only works for subscription chapters (you have to login), but let me know if this idea is something you think we should dedicate more time to and work into a fully functional desktop client!

Oh and if you enter the wrong login credentials it will just loop you back to login without any messages, so make you enter your username/password correctly. Also if you have 2-Step Verification turned on it probably won't work. Currently only works on Windows.

Download Sweat v0.0.2
Updated 11/10/2015

sweat1.jpg

sweat-0.0.2.jpg

sweat3.jpg
Updated with working download!
Groovy. Seem fine now. Works.
Oh this is neat, I like it. I have no complaints with this being developed further (^^)b
Interesting. Out of curiosity, how far does this steam comparison go? Is there a chat function on it to so I can talk to other people while reading? Or have access to the forums?
Yep I've had this in mind for a long time now too. I'd especially like this if you didn't have to log back in all the time. Bonus points if you offer some caching for offline viewing. Hope this goes somewhere!
Jacob wrote...
games

Do you think this might, in the distant future, morph into something like Steam for adult games (VNs and such)? That would definitely be interesting.
Made some quick fixes, you can now see the title/artist for all the chapters and navigate back to the library by clicking any of the header links inside the reader. Also made it all resizy. It should be somewhat usable now.

Original post updated with new download link.

sweat-0.0.2.jpg
Looks pretty good so far. I am curious what would make it more appealing than just using your browser, but I have no doubt you have something in mind.
Worked in my tests on Windows 10.
I can confirm you'll have issues with two-step authentication.

Check out my screenshots below for a work around.
Spoiler:
Login Screen:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/EpcShi9.png

2-Step Screen:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM0NYev.png

After entering 2-Step Code Screen:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/luXuF4i.png

To get the screen like Jacob you will need to open any content by clicking it:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/cXOP4PJ.png

It will load and look like it does in your browser(I censored the page):
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/Vg5ay5Y.png

Click on the FAKKU! logo and it will bring you to this screen:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/NEZnndi.png

You only have to do it once / each time you start the application.

P.S. It does scale when you snap it in Windows 10:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/3cPMHP0.png
Spartanlugge defends the Lolis
Thats a nice idea, works very well.
Do you think of making an app for Android like this too?
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
The first time that I regret having a Mac...
Do you plan to make it available for Mac and mobile devices?
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
The first time that I regret having a Mac...
Do you plan to make it available for Mac and mobile devices?

Bootcamp my friend. I work in IT and anyone that insists on a Mac gets bootcamp and I don't tell them about the OSX side of their Mac mwahaha. There is a non-official Fakku! app but it doesn't have subscription support (at least since I used it last).
I got some cool ideas for this type of thing that I will update later on this post for you to look at.

So here are my suggestions. Of course this won't be as perfect compared to the website itself hence why it's an app.

1. Sort by subscribed artists/tags unless you already can.

2. Alphabetical order would be nice as well based on artists.

3. Eventually I want to be able to order stuff from the app kind of like how steam is, but of course this may be for the future if it's still being developed.

4. Ability to sort through the monthly catalogs i.e 5 magazines have come out. I wanna browse XXXX month's magazine along with being able to see the chapters based on release date and be able to sort by artist/tags.

That's all for now.
I like the idea a lot! But wouldn't it make more sense to develop it as a windows modern app at this point in time? I can't really see any drawbacks besides loosing Windows 7 support. But the two people who use windows phones would be happy about it.

I'd really like a native android app as well.
I like what you have done so far. Here are a few suggestions:

-Sidebar with folders and other means of organization (favorites, tags, etc...)
-Ability to sort by release date, artist name, title, tags, drag and drop, etc...
-Some way to store the content locally (perhaps drm that requires the app to view, though i still think there should be a way to own the content without drm)
-Ability to view and add standard cbz, cbr, zip, rar files to collection
-Add a list view and the ability to change the size of the thumbnails for grid view
-Add the magazines covers with the ability to drill down into the chapters (similar to web page)
-Option in the reader to choose any page from the chapter to appear as the cover thumbnail

Thanks!
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
WillSmoke wrote...
I like what you have done so far. Here are a few suggestions:

-Sidebar with folders and other means of organization (favorites, tags, etc...)
-Ability to sort by release date, artist name, title, tags, drag and drop, etc...
-Some way to store the content locally (perhaps drm that requires the app to view, though i still think there should be a way to own the content without drm)
-Ability to view and add standard cbz, cbr, zip, rar files to collection
-Add a list view and the ability to change the size of the thumbnails for grid view
-Add the magazines covers with the ability to drill down into the chapters (similar to web page)
-Option in the reader to choose any page from the chapter to appear as the cover thumbnail

Thanks!

I really like the idea with the changed Cover thumbnail, with this you could alwyas set your favorite page als Cover and this would make it easier to find the chapter you look for (epsecially in you got a lot of chapters)
PewPewK The Wisewolf of Yoitsu
This has loads of promise. Definitely want to see it developed further!
Breaking the v0.0.2 client while I work on an update over the weekend, the new version should be a lot smoother.
I think I would love to use a windows app, though will it be caching the images. I use firefox, and I have all Cache going to RAM. have an SSD, and try to minimize the read/writes as much as possible. Though I am probably a small small small minority with this kind of ocd. So if it is optimized I might just use it anyway. From the pictures above it looks very promising at least in example. I look forward to trying it when it's available :D

(and the download is not available, it's suppose to be gone right now right :o?)
Pages 12Next