Otakuthon 2015! (Pre-Registration open, second concert!)

Bunny5390 The Defenestrator!
http://www.otakuthon.com/2015/home

Pre-Registration is open, 45$ until June 1st, then 50$ until July 24th. At-door is 55$ for a weekend pass, 35$ for Friday or Sunday only, and 45 $ for Saturday only. Overall the prices are 5$ more than last year. Tickets to the J-Rock concert are 10$ each, or 15$ for both together, and can only be bought during Pre-Registration.

So far:

• It's their 10th year,

• They're expanding the convention area (~two-thirds of a floor),

• Opening at 11 a.m. on Friday (7 hours earlier,

• Prices are 5$ more than last year

• They're having FLOW (A J-Rock band) as a guest of honour!

• They've also announced Angela (another J-Rock band) as a guest of honour.

• And
    Otakuthon's website wrote...
    Attention all cosplayers! Otakuthon is excited to announce that the World Cosplay Summit has promoted Canada to full participating nation status! This year's winners will be the first Canadian duo to compete against cosplayers from around the world in the 2016 WCS Championship in Japan!More details here.

I'm super hyped already 8D

So, anyone else here excited and/or planning on attending?
I had considered it, but it's too close to AN and I have no one to bunk with...
Three and a bit weeks late, but I finally updated the topic.

Khryptos wrote...
I'll Be There

Cool. Will you be cosplaying?
Khryptos wrote...
what's yours?

My cosplay? I'll either be going as Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist (I bought a costume on Ebay 3-4 years ago and have been wearing it there since), or a neat random not-quite-cosplay idea I had.
george4 wrote...
Khryptos wrote...
what's yours?

My cosplay? I'll either be going as Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist (I bought a costume on Ebay 3-4 years ago and have been wearing it there since), or a neat random not-quite-cosplay idea I had.

Fullmetal alchemist! †¢0†¢ That's awesome. I'll be there as well. Less than 2 months left!
Hehe, I'll definitely be there on Sunday for FLOW. Will be my first convention in Canada >
Whooo! Just found a confirmation-ish that Fakku will be there this year! https://store.fakku.net/conventions. Can't wait, actually.
If they do things like before and sell their books at the same price in Canadian dollars, they end up being around half the price you'd pay buying them online.

EcchiAmano wrote...
Hehe, I'll definitely be there on Sunday for FLOW. Will be my first convention in Canada ><

Where are you coming in from? First time in Montreal?
Hbu?

george4 wrote...
Whooo! Just found a confirmation-ish that Fakku will be there this year! https://store.fakku.net/conventions. Can't wait, actually.
If they do things like before and sell their books at the same price in Canadian dollars, they end up being around half the price you'd pay buying them online.

EcchiAmano wrote...
Hehe, I'll definitely be there on Sunday for FLOW. Will be my first convention in Canada ><

Haha, I'm coming from DC in the USA. Got family I plan to visit that weekend and just so happened to find out about FLOW playing live there :D I have been to Montreal a few times in my life, fondest memories being the anime store that is near the entrance of Chinatown, has a huge flight of stairs, and that smoked meat place
EcchiAmano wrote...
Hbu?

george4 wrote...

EcchiAmano wrote...

Haha, I'm coming from DC in the USA. Got family I plan to visit that weekend and just so happened to find out about FLOW playing live there :D I have been to Montreal a few times in my life, fondest memories being the anime store that is near the entrance of Chinatown, has a huge flight of stairs, and that smoked meat place

Just to be certain, you know that tickets to the flow concert are 10$ and available during pre-registration only, right?