Blacklisting?

Hey, I am just wondering how the blacklisting system works? I thought that it would remove doujins with the tags you blacklist? All it seems to do however is just cross out tags on doujins. Is that how it works? Because of some stuff I don't wanna go into, I have a lot of hangups about certain tags and would rather doujins with them just "disappear" from view.
before the website overhaul ca. 1.5 to 2 years ago, blocked stuff would be blurred out. sadly this doesn't work with the new site and hasn't been fixed yet.
Apparently it works now and I hate it. Makes blacklisting stuff a massive hassle. Before it would just tell my showing me a subtle red tag, now it actively obstructs me browsing the store.

I hope they make it so that blurring can be toggled off while still keeping the red tags.
Saki Succubus wrote...
Apparently it works now and I hate it. Makes blacklisting stuff a massive hassle. Before it would just tell my showing me a subtle red tag, now it actively obstructs me browsing the store.

I hope they make it so that blurring can be toggled off while still keeping the red tags.

just out of curiosity, but do you mind telling me what the hassle is? cause quite a number of people (including me) just wanted to not see the stuff they blacklist. maybe my view on things is too black-and-white, but usually you either like something or you don't. so what does the red tag do for you if it's not blurred?
Galder wrote...
Saki Succubus wrote...

just out of curiosity, but do you mind telling me what the hassle is? cause quite a number of people (including me) just wanted to not see the stuff they blacklist. maybe my view on things is too black-and-white, but usually you either like something or you don't. so what does the red tag do for you if it's not blurred?

Because I don't use the tags in a black-and-white way. There are some tags that I'm cautious about, so I "blacklist" them. I makes it so I don't have to check all the tags with every story that I see, but I immediately see, "oh that one has a lot of stuff I'm interested in" or "oh it has a tag that can be an issue to my enjoyment depending on how it is executed, better check more thoroughly". It's also pretty annoying because when browsing books, there are ones that contain 90% stories with a ton of tags that I enjoy, but thanks to one story with a tag that I might not be a fan of, the book is simply grayed out and blurred. It's especially annoying when I browse my own library.

I KNOW I like the stuff from my library. Why tf gets my own library blurred for me? It's not like it makes the site unusable but it's a real hassle when looking through my collections and library. Instead of going by the image and quickly finding something, I have to hover over the cover or read the title. It's a small waste of time but it adds up and is unnecessary. When I started using the site, this wasn't a thing, so to me this is a substantial downgrade in user comfort.

I just want a toggle option for the blur and gray-out, while keeping the red tags.
ok, fair point with the library. i only blacklisted a single genre and don't want anything to do with it, so i don't have that problem. and a toggle for the blur could really help both parties.