Can you read Japanese?

Pages 123Next

Can you read Japanese?

Total Votes : 38
Nashrakh Little White Butterflies Staff
Simple question. Can you read Japanese? (Note that this question excludes speaking or writing)

The use of dictionaries is obviously ok (like, looking up Kanji by radicals is a science in itself, so that counts as part of reading too).

Feel free to post what you voted, especially those that voted "Somewhat" or above.
I wish I could. Btw, you got two more posts before the apocalypse occurs. I want to know where you got your ava from.
Kanji kills... other than that I can read the 2 alphabets easy
Fluent with the kanas. Just finished with grade 2 of the kyouiku kanji so I can read those 240.
I struggle with Kanji. But it's actually pretty easy looking most of them up based on radicals.
Lamz0r wrote...
I struggle with Kanji. But it's actually pretty easy looking most of them up based on radicals.

I takes patience... and some Kanji are just ridiculous or hard to decipher.

Tribly wrote...
I want to know where you got your ava from.

People ask me that every day, lol... my avas are usually all from the same webcomic, http://happletea.com/
I have hiragana and katakana well memorized. Though my reading speed is still slow.
And I can instantly recognize a few kanjis, such as 猫, 六, 私, 一, 二, 三, 四, 円.

That's about it.
Only a few words ;_;
Nashrakh wrote...
Lamz0r wrote...

It doesn't take any patience if you like working with foreign languages.

Kuroneko1/2 wrote...
 一, 二, 三, 四, 円.

These are real hard to remember. :wink:
Lamz0r wrote...
Nashrakh wrote...
Lamz0r wrote...

Kuroneko1/2 wrote...
 一, 二, 三, 四, 円.

These are real hard to remember. :wink:

I know right? Haha.
Lamz0r wrote...
Nashrakh wrote...
Lamz0r wrote...

I know a guy who really freaked out when I showed him the look up by radicals method :D He takes Jap classes, btw...

For me it takes patience when I can't find the single one radical I've been missing. Usually the radicals with a high stroke count, but then again, I've only been using this method since Dec 09.
Yeah I know all my hiragana and katana but a word or two of kanji
I'm trying to learn Both alphabets right now, but I can recognize ガンダム and 初音ミク instantly =P
yes i can. I just see no point in it.
lol Broven...

And long, wait what? You serious?
I can't read or Understand Japanese...

but i sound like i can speak jap i guess...
I can, as long as I get to check up the Kanji in a dictionary. That makes my reading awfully slow though, but hey, if someone reads the text for me I can understand it without problem.
僕は五十 - 六十ぐらい漢字を知ります。
Not a lick...
Pages 123Next