How long can you last?

Pages Prev123Next
Ugh, the beginning was the worst part. I feel like I've been assaulted... I mean is she trying to pander to Japanese people who listen to english music, or people who speak english who listen to japanese music?
I managed to last long enough just to read the title and look at the embed before retching.
Zero seconds is enough for me - I stopped listening to any english music anymore. Understanding the lyrics to new songs makes me realize how shit they are.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
You forget KD Lang, Celine Dion, Corey Hart, Sum 41 and Drake. Byran Adams is awesome.
I got through half and hardly couldn't understand what she was saying I thought at first she was speaking japanese....such a terrible song.
animefreak_usa wrote...
You forget KD Lang, Celine Dion, Corey Hart, Sum 41 and Drake. Byran Adams is awesome.

Joni Mitchell is pretty good as well. Bryan has Summer of '69.
Also im killing myself at 0:59. Brain on the wall now.
Chad Kroeger—the lead vocalist for Nickleback and Lavigne's husband—was the producer.

Avril does have a fairly large Asian (especially Japanese) fanbase. So it's more likely this track is targeted towards them and not the American market. She's pretty obsessed with Japan and Hello Kitty, any of her American fans will confirm this for you, or you could just look through her Twitter history. Most of her singles have been placed in the top 100 in South Korean charts.

Personally I think the track was an interesting departure from her usual works. It's an attempt to mix that pop-punk princess sound she's so famous for into dub electronica with a bit of Japanese styling behind it. I can't help but think that if the Lyrics weren't so fucking bad and she had a better composer and mixer behind her this could have been pulled off fairly well. Oh well, there's always remixes.
Pyre wrote...
Chad Kroeger—the lead vocalist for Nickleback and Lavigne's husband—was the producer.

Avril does have a fairly large Asian (especially Japanese) fanbase. So it's more likely this track is targeted towards them and not the American market. She's pretty obsessed with Japan and Hello Kitty, any of her American fans will confirm this for you, or you could just look through her Twitter history. Most of her singles have been placed in the top 100 in South Korean charts.

Personally I think the track was an interesting departure from her usual works. It's an attempt to mix that pop-punk princess sound she's so famous for into dub electronica with a bit of Japanese styling behind it. I can't help but think that if the Lyrics weren't so fucking bad and she had a better composer and mixer behind her this could have been pulled off fairly well. Oh well, there's always remixes.

Interesting…

Now I'm willing to listen to the song now because this information. Thanks Pyre.
NEXUS Since 2010
artcellrox wrote...
Iamnotchrishansen wrote...
She's still alive? Look Canucks, I know we've given the world many shitty 'musicians' but what do you guys have? Rush, Barenaked Ladies, and uh...that's it...

See? I'm drawing a blank. C'mon guys, stop doing this to us.

You forget Anvil, Billy Talent, Bryan Adams, Our Lady Peace, old school Sum 41, DEVIN FUCKING TOWNSEND and Three Days Grace. The world also seems to love Arcade Fire, Leonard Cohen and Neil Young.

Oh, and these crazy motherfuckers.

Hell, even Avril Lavigne was good once. Shit started going downhill after Girlfriend though, if you ask me.

^
I agree with this.
I knew of Avril Lavigne before this video, but I from what I did know of her I had expected something along the lines of a pop-punk song. It being J-step-kawaii-pop came as such a shock that I started bleed profusely from my eyes and mouth due to a cerebral aneurysms, my brains attempt at killing itself to be rid of the paradox, and subsequently perished only 3 seconds into the video.

Yes; I died.

And then made this post.

That's how much this song confused me.
14 seconds, yuck.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
lasted to the end
artcellrox wrote...
She's still alive? Look Canucks, I know we've given the world many shitty 'musicians' but what do you guys have? Rush, Barenaked Ladies, and uh...that's it...

You forget Anvil, Billy Talent, Bryan Adams, Our Lady Peace, old school Sum 41, DEVIN FUCKING TOWNSEND and Three Days Grace. The world also seems to love Arcade Fire, Leonard Cohen and Neil Young.

Hell, even Avril Lavigne was good once. Shit started going downhill after Girlfriend though, if you ask me.

Don't forget Kataklysm and Cryptopsy. They may be from Quebec, but they managed to show up even the best Death Metal Bands from Florida.
She removed her video because of the comments or racism and shit music. At least that what i saw while checking my Ymail.
Pyre wrote...

Adding to this, I saw a manga starring her at Chapters.
NEXUS Since 2010
OrangeDemon wrote...
artcellrox wrote...

Don't forget Kataklysm and Cryptopsy. They may be from Quebec, but they managed to show up even the best Death Metal Bands from Florida.

Also Gorguts.

We also have one of the most influencial hardcore punk rock bands in the world; DOA. They invented the word "Hardcore".

NEXUS wrote...
OrangeDemon wrote...
artcellrox wrote...

Also Gorguts.

We also have one of the most influencial hardcore punk rock bands in the world; DOA. They invented the word "Hardcore".

DOA... we come in peace.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Canadian SJW's are possibly the worse things to come from Canada. At least musicians/artist are easily ignorable if you avoid mainstream music talk/radio stations.
Pages Prev123Next