New laptop

Shitty 1100 dollar decisions are shitty, but it just arrived today; Here's the specs:

AMD 2.1 Quad Core
12GB DDR3 RAM
320GB Primary SSD
1TB Secondary HDD (External)
Blu-ray re-writable drive
2GB AMD Graphics Card
Windows 8(.1, but idgaf, they're both the fucking same)
Microsoft Office 2013 Professional
Age of Empires 2 HD via steam (because, memories)

Err. I'm sure I'm forgetting some important specs, but I'm not going into system to check. Too lazy to use right-click on touchpad. Will buy mouse tomorrow, since old one is being used by desktop.

I've been saving a REALLY long time for this. Like, almost 3 years now.
Nice! I should probably start saving for a new laptop too, this one is getting pretty beat up.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
But what AMD dual core 2.1ghz? A-8. A-10. A-4?
Should've just built a pc
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
gitaaa wrote...
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
2GB AMD Graphics Card

Eck.

With that much money you could have build an okay mid spec desktop and have a bit leftover for acceseries.
Kadushy Douchebag
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
gitaaa wrote...
Kadushy wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
gitaaa wrote...

Ya, except some people move around, and traveling means having a laptop.
neyapuckachinha wrote...
Kadushy wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
gitaaa wrote...

Or a small PC build. If you need to actually work while on the bus or train then I can understand getting a laptop.
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
neyapuckachinha wrote...
Kadushy wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
gitaaa wrote...

Or a small PC build. If you need to actually work while on the bus or train then I can understand getting a laptop.

How small are we talking? I'm genuinely curious, Ive never seen small built desktops.

Because you don't always have fret when you move for example, or you don't want to pay for airport fees to carry your desktop around etc. I found having a big latptop is the best compromise between performances and mobility.
neyapuckachinha wrote...
Spoiler:
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
neyapuckachinha wrote...
Kadushy wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
gitaaa wrote...

How small are we talking? I'm genuinely curious, Ive never seen small built desktops.

Because you don't always have fret when you move for example, or you don't want to pay for airport fees to carry your desktop around etc. I found having a big latptop is the best compromise between performances and mobility.

Depends on how small you want to get. Obviously sacrifices must be made but there are still advantages over having a laptop.

http://redd.it/qjjga
http://redd.it/1j6f5l
http://redd.it/2x3bp5
http://redd.it/2d5m24

Again I think laptops are justified if you need to be working on the move. Otherwise you're paying more than you need to for parts that trade performance for lower power consumption. Also I have never ever, ever used a laptop that doesn't get uncomfortably hot and noisy. Frankly I think they're a thermal nightmare. You could say that small PCs also have heat concerns but it's not uncommon for laptops to put both CPU and graphics on the same heatsink and dissipate the heat energy with just a single fan. They have poor upgrade options. If something's broke you have to give up the whole computer to get it fixed. You usually have no idea who made the parts that are going into it.

I think that's all a huge pain.
With that much money you could have built a nice PC, but Laptop's have their uses too. I really need to get an SSD for mine, seeing as how I use it more than my Desktop.
It is not such a bad choice, but why such a powerful notebook? With 1000$ you could by a nice PC, and a small, and stylish notebook. Some time ago I bought myself a Xiaomi air mi 13, which is the best copy of MacBook. I had to choose between a notebook on Windows and a notebook on Mac Os, so I found out that Xiaomi meets all my demands and even more, I can play sometimes on it in GTA or other games. Of course, it has his own problems but with a good antivirus, with the best pc best pc tune up, you will forget about them.