Soulja Boy and Anime

Pages Prev12

Do you think this could help the industry?

Total Votes : 31
Kalistean wrote...
Jeff Goldblum Fan wrote...
Kalistean wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Kalistean wrote...
This one has a poll.

which is currently at 10%/89%

so even the poll is retarded

you can't have it 100% because not all 100% people have voted.

what

its percentages of the people who have voted

way to be a retard and not understand he's baiting you.

Durrr.

Apparently you don't grasp that it is using things like .33333 or .5 but just doesn't show them.

yeah I get that but then why doesn't it show them

also do you really think i'm gonna give anyone the benefit of the doubt on this fucking forum of all places? these dumbshits didnt even know who james joyce was for christs sake

James Joyce is just a writer people who want to be pretend to be important like. Basically, you're pretentious if you find him actually important.

It probably just isn't programmed to show decimals. Just a choice of how they want it to look.

i think he's pretty overrated and agree he isn't really amazing but to simply have no idea who he was is staggeringly ignorant
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
Kalistean wrote...
Kalistean wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Kalistean wrote...
This one has a poll.

which is currently at 10%/89%

so even the poll is retarded

you can't have it 100% because not all 100% people have voted.

what

its percentages of the people who have voted

way to be a retard and not understand he's baiting you.

Durrr.

Apparently you don't grasp that it is using things like .33333 or .5 but just doesn't show them.

yeah I get that but then why doesn't it show them

also do you really think i'm gonna give anyone the benefit of the doubt on this fucking forum of all places? these dumbshits didnt even know who james joyce was for christs sake

James Joyce is just a writer people who want to be pretend to be important like. Basically, you're pretentious if you find him actually important.

It probably just isn't programmed to show decimals. Just a choice of how they want it to look.

i think he's pretty overrated and agree he isn't really amazing but to simply have no idea who he was is staggeringly ignorant

Well he was an author from the very early part of the century, and his only real notable work was Ulysses which is pretty much a boring piece of crap in reality.

It's kind of like how people go on and on about The Scarlet Letter. But have you actually tried to read that piece of crap? It's so overwritten that it literally takes a full chapter for her to WALK DOWN A FUCKING STREET!

Wtf? It should never take a full chapter just to describe someone walking down a street.
Kalistean wrote...
Well he was an author from the very early part of the century, and his only real notable work was Ulysses which is pretty much a boring piece of crap in reality.

It's kind of like how people go on and on about The Scarlet Letter. But have you actually tried to read that piece of crap? It's so overwritten that it literally takes a full chapter for her to WALK DOWN A FUCKING STREET!

Wtf? It should never take a full chapter just to describe someone walking down a street.

yeah ulysses is intensely boring. also finnegans wake is what you should really be pointing to in terms of things people pretend to like so they look cool/intellectual/whatever

that thing is a giant turd. joyce just mashed on his typewriter for a few hours and called it a book.

and on the chapter thing, there was a part of warren ellis' novel Crooked Little Vein (not really that good, this is basically the best part) where one chapter was just like a single sentence, and i think like 3 words at that
That's why I said full chapter. I mean one that is the normal length for a chapter.
Kalistean wrote...
That's why I said full chapter. I mean one that is the normal length for a chapter.

yes. i know. im just saying its a funny thing as a play on chapter length, and basically the inverse of what you were talking about

cmon man try to keep up
I dunno which is worse though, overwriting, or purple prose.
Literary merit isn't measured by brevity or length. It's measured by content and technique.

Lol @ this topic's direction: Soulja Boy -> percentages -> literature

ヾ(´ー`)ノ
chiwa wrote...
Literary merit isn't measured by brevity or length. It's measured by content and technique.

Lol @ this topic's direction: Soulja Boy -> percentages -> literature

ヾ(´ー`)ノ

I agree completely that it's about the content.

But I don't care how amazing of an author you are, taking a full length chapter to write about walking down the street...yeah, there's no one that good.

It'd be like writing a chapter on how I moved my thumb.
Or maybe it's Hawthorne employing a literary technique, and making a point about society? He does tend to be quite wordy, but that's just his writing style. He lavishes extra attention to the details he wants to highlight.

To say that his work doesn't deserve the recognition it receives leaves me to wonder... Were you forced to read this as part of some curriculum?
No, but trying to tell me a book is a "classic" because of some literary device or some such thing always bothers me.

I understand what he was trying to do, really. But there is such a thing as too much detail. My rule of writing has always been "Only use enough detail to convey the emotion you are wanting to convey."

However, he not only goes past that, especially with the first chapter but it is pretty riddled with it the entire book, but he is so far gone that you can't even see it.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to say a book that is so overwritten that it breaks your involvement in it constantly deserve recognition as quality writing.

I could say that the idea behind the novel was a good one, and he did use interesting mechanisms. But if the flow of the story is in tatters like that, well it doesn't matter anymore because you can't enjoy the story like that.
Wasn't this thread like four pages long?
Callonia wrote...
Wasn't this thread like four pages long?

That was the other one named Soulja Boy and Anime
Pages Prev12