TF2!

Pages Prev123Next
Ryssen wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
Why is the basic sniper so weak?

Because you don't play as a sniper. Ever.

Only because it's weak... then again I haven't played in months

Sniper is suppose to take his time to kill tougher enemies like the heavy and not go on a complete massacre. If you're at a right distance and/or wait until the bar fills up and make an headshot, you can kill any classes. He's suppose to be a supporting character, and he is just that.

Fucking lame
Renovartio wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
Renovartio wrote...

Sniper is suppose to take his time to kill tougher enemies like the heavy and not go on a complete massacre. If you're at a right distance and/or wait until the bar fills up and make an headshot, you can kill any classes. He's suppose to be a supporting character, and he is just that.

Fucking lame

Go play cs.
Loner the People's Senpai
Pyre wrote...
Sneaky needs to stop server hopping.

That's just part of the TF2 "Greg Package" though. Hilarity + The Fuck Knuckle + Autism + Buttmad server hopping.
Ryssen wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
Renovartio wrote...

Fucking lame

Go play cs.

CS?
Not enough hats.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Antw0n wrote...
TheOverFlow wrote...
Antw0n wrote...
You should play Deathrun with me
that shit is fun on a bun

should grab the hide n seek and murder gmod

I really wanna play shit like Prophunt on Gmod but the only thing I don't have is Counter Strike Source
so, fuck

Get css. Shit is cheap. Scout op

ot; I don't have anywhere near enough hat experience to play the likes of tf2
Renovartio wrote...

It's the best gun for Sniper actually, and don't listen to that supporting class BS, you might not be able to stand on the point in KOTH but his secondary is a good weapon if you have decent aim and will get you by in mid-range fights. Every class has the ability to carry the game if you're good enough.

The charge prevents quick-scoping, if it weren't there Snipers would be incredibly overpowered, with this, they actually play somewhat like, you know, a sniper.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Bow and arrow Sniper is pretty good non-support way to play as Sniper, since you can pretty much kill anything that isn't a Pyro or an overhealed heavy.

Standard Sniping Rifle does generally work best for support though. No one likes Snipers who rush in like Call of Duty kiddies with that shitty secondary gun, the jarate is way better.
cruz737 wrote...
Lucksman Sniper is pretty good non-support way to play as Sniper, since you can pretty much kill anything that isn't a Pyro or an overhealed heavy.

Standard Sniping Rifle does generally work best for support though. No one likes Snipers who rush in like Call of Duty kiddies with that shitty secondary gun, the jarate is way better.

There we go. I fixed that for you. There's no skill involved. All Luck.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Shotty Too Hotty wrote...
cruz737 wrote...
Lucksman Sniper is pretty good non-support way to play as Sniper, since you can pretty much kill anything that isn't a Pyro or an overhealed heavy.

I hear people calling it an easy to weapon to master just like all midrange weapons.(Soldier's main weapons, Demo's Sticky launchers and grenade launchers)

But "lucky"? If you have a good understanding of the trajectory of the arrows and decent aim getting a headshot isn't hard. It's not RNG based, or at least I don't think it is.(maybe a bit)
cruz737 wrote...
cruz737 wrote...

I hear people calling it an easy to weapon to master just like all midrange weapons.(Soldier's main weapons, Demo's Sticky launchers and grenade launchers)

But "lucky"? If you have a good understand of the trajectory of the arrows and decent aim getting a headshot isn't hard. It's not RNG based, or at least I don't think it is.

Well there is RNG involved but I just call it that because you would casually walking an hallway then BOOOM! You're dead because some Huntsman Sniper deciding shooting an arrow down an empty hallway for no reason.
cruz737 wrote...
Bow and arrow Sniper is pretty good non-support way to play as Sniper, since you can pretty much kill anything that isn't a Pyro or an overhealed heavy.

Not replying specifically to you but you should listen to this audio recording. The huntsman is a terrible weapon. Also, Pyro is one of the most vulnerable classes, base movement isn't high, flares move slowly and are easy to dodge, meaning you just have to stay out of range and they're screwed, snipers are actually their best counter as long as you don't use the huntsman (because huntsman arrows can be reflected). As a sniper, just use your secondary to take them down in mid-range combat, close-range you're screwed.

Edit: Found my audio recording.
Played for 5 minutes today.... got my ass kicked.... was spy
Renovartio wrote...

Try Solider.
Renovartio wrote...

Try Solider.

But I like being all sneaky
Renovartio wrote...
Renovartio wrote...

Try Solider.

Spy is one of the harder classes to play, you should really nail down the other classes first, because a good spy will be able to act like them and won't seem out of place in combat. Here's a few more tips:

Don't run towards the enemy team from the front, obvious spy is obvious, cloak until you can get behind them and then disguise.
All of your actions are easy to hear, stay further away to reduce the likelihood of being heard.
If you fail a backstab, just keep stabbing (unless it's a scout), stay as close to them as you can and move around them in a circle.
If you're good enough, use your primary weapon fairly often, it does a lot of damage if you can land the headshots and it's easier to get kills with.
Try to disguise and cloak up to the spawn, hide behind the doors and then move with the team once a spawn wave exits, wait until they reach some action so they have a harder time hearing you. Then massacre their bitch asses.
Prioritize medics and engineers, they win games.
If only I haven't stupidly scrapped my backburner for a greaser, I wud fite ya in Hat Fortress 2.
Antw0n wrote...
TheOverFlow wrote...
Antw0n wrote...
You should play Deathrun with me
that shit is fun on a bun

should grab the hide n seek and murder gmod

I really wanna play shit like Prophunt on Gmod but the only thing I don't have is Counter Strike Source
so, fuck

You can play Prophunt without having CSS, it's an independant mod now that gives you the files. How long has it been since you Gmod'd?

Also, TF2 is a bad game.
Pyre wrote...
Renovartio wrote...
Renovartio wrote...

Try Solider.

Spy is one of the harder classes to play, you should really nail down the other classes first, because a good spy will be able to act like them and won't seem out of place in combat. Here's a few more tips:

Don't run towards the enemy team from the front, obvious spy is obvious, cloak until you can get behind them and then disguise.
All of your actions are easy to hear, stay further away to reduce the likelihood of being heard.
If you fail a backstab, just keep stabbing (unless it's a scout), stay as close to them as you can and move around them in a circle.
If you're good enough, use your primary weapon fairly often, it does a lot of damage if you can land the headshots and it's easier to get kills with.
Try to disguise and cloak up to the spawn, hide behind the doors and then move with the team once a spawn wave exits, wait until they reach some action so they have a harder time hearing you. Then massacre their bitch asses.
Prioritize medics and engineers, they win games.

yeah thats what I do though. I figured it'd be common sense. The reason why I kept dying is because the opposite team had bottle-necked mine and so I got killed as soon as I got out of spawn. I did get like 2 kills in the end.
Antw0n Remember me?
Communistic Scum wrote...
You can play Prophunt without having CSS, it's an independant mod now that gives you the files. How long has it been since you Gmod'd?

Interesting. I'll be sure to try again and see how it goes.

Communistic Scum wrote...
Also, TF2 is a bad game.

I'm sorry you feel that way?
Pages Prev123Next