Torrents?

can anyone explain to me how they work x.x

i tried downloading the Yama Hime no Sane ep1 torrent from the front page and for some reason whenever i tried playing it i could hear the audio but i couldnt see anything. then when i tried to fast forward it, windows media player would crash... anyone have any tips?
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
hashi897 wrote...
can anyone explain to me how they work x.x

i tried downloading the Yama Hime no Sane ep1 torrent from the front page and for some reason whenever i tried playing it i could hear the audio but i couldnt see anything. then when i tried to fast forward it, windows media player would crash... anyone have any tips?

a torrent is like a proxy, it bounces the info to a torrent service like limewire or bittorrent all it is it a file that route seeds(full files) and leeches(parts) into your server aka limewire and it download the file...
oh... i downloaded bittorent and Utorrent (before i posted this) and did everything correctly(as far as i know) but i still couldnt get the videeo to work properly
Your problem is that you tried to play .mkv in Windows Media Player. The general consensus here is to use CCCP with the bundled MPC-HC. Chances are that should fix the problem you are having.