Yumekui Merry

Pages 1234Next
I seem to have a problem finishing my sentences. Perhaps, I'm just not watching enough anime to power my motor...

Hey, how about this one?

I'm no lolicon... but whatever. Looks can be deceiving, and particularly since...

The action fantasy revolves around a high school boy named Yumeji Fujiwara who has the mysterious power to see other people's dreams or nightmares. One day, he meets Merry, a beautiful girl who came from the world of dreams.

Beautiful girl? Sounds inappropriate.

Fine!

The action fantasy revolves around a high school boy named Yumeji Fujiwara who has the mysterious power to see other people's dreams or nightmares. One day, he meets Merry, a cute girl who came from the world of dreams.

Now, that's more like it.
I have a couple of the manga chapters lying around that I haven't read yet, and I wasn't sure I was going to until I saw this trailer. Seems pretty cool to me as well, but I'm guessing that it's not coming out til either the Winter of Spring, since Index is coming out in the fall.
Looky-tan Got Megane?
hermitVI wrote...

I'm no lolicon... but whatever. Looks can be deceiving, and particularly since...

The action fantasy revolves around a high school boy named Yumeji Fujiwara who has the mysterious power to see other people's dreams or nightmares. One day, he meets Merry, a beautiful girl who came from the world of dreams.

Beautiful girl? Sounds inappropriate.

Fine!

The action fantasy revolves around a high school boy named Yumeji Fujiwara who has the mysterious power to see other people's dreams or nightmares. One day, he meets Merry, a cute girl who came from the world of dreams.

Now, that's more like it.

That girl there is BOTH, she's very cute and very beautiful and so much more.
Fine!
Call me a lolicon then if you must. Definitely gonna be watching this I will ^^
When is this coming out?
umnut wrote...
When is this coming out?

It should be out sometime in January.

Anyways, a new PV with additional footage has been released:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/yumekui/pv.html
umnut wrote...
When is this coming out?

It airs in Japan on January 7th.
First episdoe ended rather blunt with the intruduction of characters and setting. I want to see more of this show.
Kiss-Shot Soba-Scans Staff
Really enjoyed this, I was just expecting a gimmicky harem show but thankfully I was pleasantly surprised with a really refreshing premise and direction.

Spoiler:
Not much of the story has been given away so there's a nice air of mystery and I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes as it expands on it's own world.

Merry's character design is quite eccentric but I like it, and as for her VA wow, I mistaken her for Aya Hirano and then Ayana Taketatsu but it turns out it's a complete new VA, her first anime role. A solid entry for her.

Also have to say I love the urban city sketchy design, really adds to the atmosphere.

In a way Madoka and Yumekui feel similar, not with plot just the general atmosphere and tone, Yumekui feels darker though. Solid start, I'll stick to this till it's end.
Kiss-Shot wrote...
Really enjoyed this, I was just expecting a gimmicky harem show but thankfully I was pleasantly surprised with a really refreshing premise and direction.

Spoiler:
Not much of the story has been given away so there's a nice air of mystery and I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes as it expands on it's own world.

Merry's character design is quite eccentric but I like it, and as for her VA wow, I mistaken her for Aya Hirano and then Ayana Taketatsu but it turns out it's a complete new VA, her first anime role. A solid entry for her.

Also have to say I love the urban city sketchy design, really adds to the atmosphere.

In a way Madoka and Yumekui feel similar, not with plot just the general atmosphere and tone, Yumekui feels darker though. Solid start, I'll stick to this till it's end.

Spoiler:
I agree. I definitely like the premise of this series, and with it constantly switching between the dream world and the real world, it will keep me on my toes. Also, Merry's stomach is delicious. That is all. :)
Spoiler:
Just some personal thoughts, the OP and ED songs+video were pretty good, there were quite a few close up shots of Merry's stomach/bellybutton which was kinda confusing?(she's very cute though:D). The fight scenes were alittle light/off tempo in my opinion so I'm hoping the action scenes will be alot faster/have a stronger impact because J.C.Staff are in charge of animation I think, and they've done great action scenes for Shakugan no Shana and To Aru Majustu no Index ect. I've read the manga(up to the 5th tankobon) and think it's great, so hopefully the anime will get better as the story progresses. Sorry for the long post:S
Kiss-Shot wrote...
In a way Madoka and Yumekui feel similar, not with plot just the general atmosphere and tone, Yumekui feels darker though.

I feel the opposite. I think Madoka is darker.

Anyway, as of episode 1, this series looks to be fairly light-hearted and fun. Nicely-animated, too.
I will watch 2 more epds but it looks like im gonna drop this, its not my cup of tea
moe wrote...
there were quite a few close up shots of Merry's stomach/bellybutton which was kinda confusing?(she's very cute though:D).

Ever Koaru in Amagami SS, we will now be seeing much more tummyservice.

Forum Image: http://img2.gelbooru.com//images/753/776438403cdf68fb047855771823797d.jpeg?896206
Looky-tan Got Megane?
ZeroOBK wrote...
Kiss-Shot wrote...
In a way Madoka and Yumekui feel similar, not with plot just the general atmosphere and tone, Yumekui feels darker though.

I feel the opposite. I think Madoka is darker.

Anyway, as of episode 1, this series looks to be fairly light-hearted and fun. Nicely-animated, too.

After seeing the two I am finding myself in agreement with ZeroOBK just if I had to pick one of the two as darker than the other, Madoka would be it. Main reason being art, I am just getting this vibe that in comparison to Yumekui, Madoka is darker.
Kiss-Shot Soba-Scans Staff
I suppose Madoka just felt brighter to me which made it less darker, although the trippy wonderful weird ass scene does it make darker..
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
ZeroOBK wrote...
Episode 2:
Spoiler:
Haha ... the main character has walked in on his childhood friend in the bath 15 times already. I do hope to see more of John Doe (some of the names in this anime are hilarious). I'm also interested in seeing just how much the Dream Demons control humans and what happens to the human's consciousness after being forcibly possessed.

Spoiler:

I have a feeling that we won't see much of John Doe until the end of the series, since it will give some more time for the characters to develop and such. I could see some of his gang members attacking before that, though. And, I, too, am interested in what exactly happens upon possession. I'm guessing it's kind of like what happens to a person who has multiple personalities; the person who was possessed probably won't remember it happening in the first place.
Pages 1234Next