Ao No Exorcist

Pages 12345NextLast
Technical Information:"Blue Exorcist, also known as Ao no Exorcist (青の祓魔師 Ao no Ekusoshisuto?) in Japan, is a manga written and illustrated by Kazue Kato. The manga has been serialized in Jump Square magazine by Shueisha since April 2009, with individual chapters collected into four tankōbon volumes as of July 2, 2010. The one-shot of the manga was first featured in the September 2008 issue of Jump Square and was titled Miyamauguisu House Case (深山鶯邸事件 Miyamauguisu-tei Jiken?). As of April 4, 2011, 25 chapters have been released in Japan." (Wikipedia)

Story Summary:"This world consists of two dimensions joined as one, like a mirror. The first is the world in which the humans live, Assiah. The other is the world of demons, Gehenna. Ordinarily, travel between the two, and indeed any kind of contact between the two, is impossible. However the demons can pass over into this world by possessing anything that exist within it. Satan the god of demons, but there's one thing that he doesn't have, and that's a substance in the human world that is powerful enough to contain him!! For that purpose he created Rin, his son from a human woman, but will his son agree to his plans? Or will he become something else...? An exorcist?" (MAL)

Studio: A-1 Pictures

Premiered: April 2011

Trailer:

The first episode just premiered on Sunday, and I thought it was a solid start for an action series. What do you guys think?
[font=Courier New]So many koreans started watching because a 2PM (famous SK boy band group) did the ED song and one of their members tweeted the ED song on youtube. lololo.
In other news, I think the exorcist father was a fucking badass kind of guy.[/font]
Thats because the exorcist was the strongest exorcist in the world and the only Paladin level exorcist at the time.
A good start but it needs some more develop to really get started. I can say that I like the main character and his Father and the plot is nice enough so I expect some good things from it.
Pretty good first episode:

Spoiler:
Halfway through, I realized that Accelerator was voicing the main character, and that definitely made my jaw drop. And the father is a badass, complete with badass music.
the first episode was fairly good, very interesting to see how this story will work. the next episode should be quite quite interesting.
Aai FAKKU Ass Master
Yup the father is badass, along with the music as well.

Very good start IMO.
I really like this series, but I have to say I'm apprehensive about the next episode. School setting, like always.

Spoiler:
Am I the only one who felt mixed emotions during Father's death because he kept hearing "KIIIHARA-KUNNNNN"?
I've noticed something curious; Mephisto's appearance (aside from him looking like something out of Soul Eater), the ears and teeth are just like Rin's.
oneshott wrote...
I've noticed something curious; Mephisto's appearance (aside from him looking like something out of Soul Eater), the ears and teeth are just like Rin's.

[spoil]I noticed that, too. Accelerator Rin, being the son of satan. Perhaps the reason the guy accepted him into the group is because he's also a demon?
Spoiler:
Man, the father was cool and now he's dead. Well it gives a reason for Rin to move forward. Satan Son going to kick Satan's ass :D
[font=comic sans ms] I'm really digging it haven't read a story with this type of plotline in a while so it feels new when it's not haha
Look forward to more.

Spoiler:
I really liked the whole portion where he was in the supermarket trying to get a steady job, was a nice use of humor before it got very serious.
[/font]
Catcher wrote...
I really like this series, but I have to say I'm apprehensive about the next episode. School setting, like always.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm wondering how the school setting is going to be pulled off as well, but if Pheles is any indication, it's going to be pretty crazy.

I, too, was upset that Shirou died already, but man, did he go out in a badass way. I'm also eager to see what Yukio is up to, now that his father has died.
TwilightEngel wrote...
Catcher wrote...

Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm wondering how the school setting is going to be pulled off as well, but if Pheles is any indication, it's going to be pretty crazy.

I, too, was upset that Shirou died already, but man, did he go out in a badass way. I'm also eager to see what Yukio is up to, now that his father has died.

i must agree...
Kaimax Best Master-San
"I want to Kick Satan's Ass" -> I fuckin Lol'd together with Mephisto.
Kaimax wrote...
"I want to Kick Satan's Ass" -> I fuckin Lol'd together with Mephisto.

I Lol'd when I saw Mephisto.

Is spring the season of crazy purple clowns?
[font=comic sans ms]i loved episode six! i thought it was going to get serious around now but this light-hearted comedy is the best!!

Spoiler:
...i still feel bad for Yukio,being popular isn't always the best thing...he makes a really good straightman for his brother!!
The last couple of episodes really tuned down on the action that I was hoping to see out of this series... I feel like I'm almost watching a completely different show compared to Episodes 1 and 2.
Episode 7
Spoiler:
The typical friendship episode that every shounen series with a recluse of some sort goes through. We've all seen this before. The execution was rather mediocre, and, overall, the episode just didn't cut it for me. We've dropped quite a fair level from how well the series started out.
Currently watching this now and im enjoying it..
Pages 12345NextLast