[Anime] Maken-Ki! (Season Two!?)

Pages 123Next
Edit: It appears that another animation studio, Xebec, will be developing Maken-Ki-Two! At the moment, I am unsure if the storyline will continue from the first season, but I am definitely looking forward to more fanservice! :D

Link to the official anime website for "Maken-Ki-Two", although not much information is displayed for now:
http://maken-ki-two.com/

PV for Maken-Ki 2. Yay for more fanservice!

Older Post: While browsing around a bookstore during my lunch time earlier today, I saw the tankoubon edition of Maken-ki and on its respective covers, there is an announcement stating that an anime adaptation is currently in the works. For those who do not know of its significance, it simply means that another ecchi fanservice themed anime title will be gracing our screens soon enough!

The mangaka of Maken-Ki is Takeda Hiromitsu, whom some of us may recognize as a hentai artist. The storyline of Maken-Ki focuses on Ohyama Takeru (the male protagonist), who has enrolled in a high school where students are assigned items or weapons which enable them to engage in combat under the watchful eye of referees. Takeru soon meets 3 females who will play important roles in determining how his high school life turns out - Amaya Haruko, his childhood friend, Himegami Kodama, a tsundere, and Kushiya Inaho, his self-proclaimed fiancee. At the same time, Takeru discovers that no item or weapon is suitable for him - Will he be able to survive battles?

The manga counterpart of Maken-Ki is apparently quite popular among male readers, including myself. ^_^;; Hopefully, its anime adaptation will live up to expectations, or maybe surpass them.

Reasons to catch Maken-Ki:
- Schoolgirls and the complementary ecchi-fanservice. Both busty females and DFCs are featured.
- The various fighting scenes, and hopefully, they are well-animated.
- Erm... I guess that is all I can think of right now.

Last but not least, here are some related images, courtesy of the manga and imageboards:

Forum Image: http://img161.imagevenue.com/loc42/th_09546_Maken_Ki01_122_42lo.jpg Forum Image: http://img199.imagevenue.com/loc564/th_09585_Maken_Ki02_122_564lo.jpg Forum Image: http://img155.imagevenue.com/loc94/th_09622_Maken_Ki03_122_94lo.jpg Forum Image: http://img124.imagevenue.com/loc426/th_09646_Maken_Ki04_122_426lo.jpg
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/FHx

Do want.
Synopsis: Takeru Ohyama, a young normal yet perverted minded guy, got accepted and now goes to a school that, unknown to him, was where combat and magic is used. On the first day, he meets again after three years: Haruko Amaya, his childhood friend, Inaho Kushiya, a girl who says she's his fiance, and Kodama Himegami, a blonde who wants to kill him. Finding out that there are many girls there that just don't like him, he is told that everyone there uses a special magic ability while using an item or weapon called a Maken. Later, he finds that no Maken is acceptable for him and doesn't know what to do, since in this school the students get into duels that showcase their magic and combat power, to which he seemingly has none.

More Information: The series has finally been confirmed for Oct 2011. The producer of the series will be AIC. More information added as confirmed.
Kaimax Best Master-San
What MAken-Ki is getting an anime? lol
I just hope Takeda Hiromitsu's artsyle won't be butchered too much by censorship.. XD
Kaimax wrote...
I just hope Takeda Hiromitsu's artsyle won't be butchered too much by censorship.. XD

Yup, lol.
I believe their was a post for it, but I could not find it. And if censorship is the issue might as well prepare for the BD/DVD wait. I just hope it does not need up like Freezing, lol.
Kaimax Best Master-San
ArashiX wrote...
Kaimax wrote...

Yup, lol.
I believe their was a post for it, but I could not find it. And if censorship is the issue might as well prepare for the BD/DVD wait. I just hope it does not need up like Freezing, lol.

I'm honestly worried about his artstyle, Butchered censors is one thing, but can the anime keep the original standard.
Kaimax wrote...
ArashiX wrote...
Kaimax wrote...

Yup, lol.

I'm honestly worried about his artstyle, Butchered censors is one thing, but can the anime keep the original standard.

Well, I am having faith in AIC, since their past record speaks for itself, but I could be hoping against hope for the art to be done right. I have my fingers crossed.
Kaimax Best Master-San

Looks like the art is not a problem. Now crossing fingers for no excessive censors.
Oh choices, do I add this to my watch list or do I pass on this because the manga is slowly losing my interest? No amount of ecchi will ever keep my attention for long I'm afraid.
Kadushy Douchebag
I've only read the first few chapters of the manga and stopped. That was pretty long ago.. over 2 years? Anyways, nice to see an Anime is being made.
Hm. It looks okay, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna check it out yet. Will wait for some episode screen caps when it airs and see. This may be another release to wait for the bd/dvds for.
What.

Really? I mean I'm happy this is getting an animation, but really?

What is it these days with making an anime series out of short series?
Mod Note: Similar, if not identical, topics have been merged.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Voice trailer out. FYI: Suppose to air October 5th.

yet another series i am waiting for i hope it doesn't get over censored or the story butchered like Rosario + vampire
Hopefully it will be at least around the level of Hidan no Aria.
michelous wrote...
yet another series i am waiting for i hope it doesn't get over censored or the story butchered like Rosario + vampire

Lol. I am thinking the censoring will be a given. More than likely to get people to buy the BD/DVD; unless it airs on another network that will do uncensored. Although, I am just guessing. I am more worried on the direction and story, lol
Kaimax Best Master-San
ArashiX wrote...
michelous wrote...

Lol. I am thinking the censoring will be a given. More than likely to get people to buy the BD/DVD; unless it airs on another network that will do uncensored. Although, I am just guessing. I am more worried on the direction and story, lol

AT-X is airing it.
So. How is the production value? How good is the animation? Cuz I definitely ain't watchin' this for the story yet.
Sprite wrote...
Hopefully it will be at least around the level of Hidan no Aria.

Why are you saying such a horrible thing!? HnA anime is a complete degradation of the light novel (personal opinion, no offense).
Pages 123Next