[Anime] Campione! (Summer 2012)

Pages 12345NextLast
Female characters wielding swords and using magic? I am predicting some ecchi fanservice would be inevitable. :D

Although an official airing date has not been announced, "Campione!" focuses on the male protagonist, Kusanagi Godou, who manages to slay a deity during his middle school days, gaining powers in the process. Now in high school, what further trials and tribulations await Godou?

Due to my limited knowledge of the Japanese language, I am unable to introduce the background of the various female characters, but the following PV should provide more details to their appearances and perhaps personality?

Covers of the light novels, volume 1 to 3:

Forum Image: http://img290.imagevenue.com/loc245/th_21582_Campione01_122_245lo.jpgForum Image: http://img31.imagevenue.com/loc366/th_21582_Campione02_122_366lo.jpgForum Image: http://img128.imagevenue.com/loc544/th_21583_Campione03_122_544lo.jpg

Link to the official anime website: http://www.campi-anime.com

For some reasons, I suspect some viewers may find Campione! to be similar in nature to a number of other anime titles, but hopefully, Campione! will stand out in the season it is aired! :)
Gambler wrote...
I am predicting some ecchi fanservice would be inevitable.

THIS might be the reason I'm going to watch it. If the story is good, I'll follow this series all till the end no matter how bad other people say about it.
the series is actually pretty good, and you can read the light novel for it online
damn this first episode was pretty intense cant wait for more
Spoiler:
godslayer demon lord D: still wondering what's the name of that golden sword thought
I'm shock when I see the first ep I expected less action scene to it.
looks like they're one of those "fight on site" anime. still, im not gonna expect too much. ep 1 gave me quite a familiar scene and a familiar theme. gonna follow since....not much to watch 'cept for sword art
the gate of babylon has opened itself to a new king.
NEXUS Since 2010
The main girl looks like Christiane Friedrich from Majikoi.

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1056240-ZVBN7EM.jpg
That first episode was pretty badass.
Spoiler:
Especially the end, where Godou summoned all those wicked looking gold swords.

I'll watch this.
soltyice wrote...
the gate of babylon has opened itself to a new king.

that it did. im guessing the enemy has something like an anti-planet weapon too lolz

strange that i didn't find the church in the 1st ep but im expecting them to arrive at a later episodes.
I had shivers when watching the 1st episode. The only thing that I hate is the Narator's voice.
Gilgamesh rip-off?
itsame00 wrote...
Gilgamesh rip-off?

No fool! It was Archer! Gilgamesh just has the Gate, Archer has the field of blades.
Episode 2:
Spoiler:
I'm really liking Erica's character. She's like a slightly more intimate version of Hitagi Senjougahara. She's a strong and independent woman who is neither afraid of teasing nor showing affection towards the main character. Godou should always expect her to be in his bed before he even lays down.
BloodyWind wrote...
itsame00 wrote...
Gilgamesh rip-off?

No fool! It was Archer! Gilgamesh just has the Gate, Archer has the field of blades.

pretty much this... the swords starts appearing/created on the field and air, UTW... unlike gilgamesh summons a gate behind him then shoots of the blades from the gate...

hmmmm I'm still hoping he could be a good harem lead... *the last pic of OP*

I think we need a list on the requirements on activating each avatar.
White Horse of Fire can only be used on normal humans
The Golden Sword can be activated till you find more about your enemy
The Boar needs a large target?
ZeroOBK wrote...
Episode 2:
Spoiler:
I'm really liking Erica's character. She's like a slightly more intimate version of Hitagi Senjougahara. She's a strong and independent woman who is neither afraid of teasing nor showing affection towards the main character. Godou should always expect her to be in his bed before he even lays down.

Spoiler:
Correction: She was a strong, independent woman. Now, she's nothing more than Goudou's drooling fan girl. Shame they took a good tsun-tsun, and just turned her dere-dere for no reason. Waste of a good character.

Episode 2.
Spoiler:
Nothing but an info dump episode, and another good fight.
NEXUS Since 2010
RandomRedneck wrote...
ZeroOBK wrote...
Episode 2:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Correction: She was a strong, independent woman. Now, she's nothing more than Goudou's drooling fan girl. Shame they took a good tsun-tsun, and just turned her dere-dere for no reason. Waste of a good character.

Episode 2.
Spoiler:

I don't know, I'm more in favor of how Erica went from tsun tsun to dere dere right at the beginning. You don't see that too often and it really caught me off guard but I welcome it as it is different.
NEXUS wrote...
RandomRedneck wrote...
ZeroOBK wrote...
Episode 2:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Episode 2.
Spoiler:

I don't know, I'm more in favor of how Erica went from tsun tsun to dere dere right at the beginning. You don't see that too often and it really caught me off guard but I welcome it as it is different.

You don't see it too often for good reason. Cause taking a character and flipping her personality a total 180 is a poor writing choice.
NEXUS Since 2010
RandomRedneck wrote...
NEXUS wrote...
RandomRedneck wrote...
ZeroOBK wrote...
Episode 2:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Episode 2.
Spoiler:

You don't see it too often for good reason. Cause taking a character and flipping her personality a total 180 is a poor writing choice.

So doing the predictable thing is a good writing choice?
NEXUS wrote...

So doing the predictable thing is a good writing choice?

In this instance, yes.
Pages 12345NextLast