[Anime] Cardfight!! Vanguard

Pages 12Next
Kadushy Douchebag
Seeing as there's no topic on this yet, I might as well make one.

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/338609-6XUGC91.gif

Crunchyroll wrote...
The protagonist of this story, Sendo Aichi, is a timid boy in his third year of middle school. He had been living his life looking backward rather than forward, trying not to stand out. However, he had one thing that kept him going - the "Blaster Blade," a card from a card game that was given to him when he was little. That card is the reason why he begins to engage in Card Fights, something that changes his life drastically.
The name of the card game is "Vanguard." The game takes place in a different planet called "Klay," and due to a never before seen play system, it becomes popular throughout the world.

Aichi, immediately attracted by Vanguard, meets friends such as Togura Misaki and Katsuragi Kamui, along with other rivals. Through friendly rivalry with them, Aichi begins to enjoy a fulfilling life. Aichi, however, has a goal: to once again battle with a Vanguard Fighter by the name of Kai Tosihki. Kai Toshiki is an aloof and cold-hearted high schooler who has outstanding abilities in the world of Vanguard. He is also the reason why Aichi started playing the game. For him, Toshiki is the person who saved him from his boring life and introduced him to Vanguard. In order to get better at Vanguard, Aichi puts his soul into it every day. He wishes that someday, he'll be able to battle Toshiki and have him recognize his worth.

Anyone else watching this? I'm guessing not. I just watched the first episode and it was alright. Though I'd still prefer Yu-Gi-Oh! I'll continue watching this.
Kaimax Best Master-San
This is why You don't mix Yugioh and Duelmasters... >_>
I don't like series where the main character is 12 years old.
Kaimax wrote...
This is why You don't mix Yugioh and Duelmasters... >_>

Shitty CCG + Shitty CCG = God awful anime.
Lol though the tittle said "Catfight" XD
Kadushy Douchebag
I guess I'm alone. :(
Kadushy wrote...

I'm with ya brah.
I watched it and I was pretty entertained. It did have some heavy Yu-Gi-Oh! influences, but I'm not complaining (I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh! fanboy afterall). Overall it was good, or at leats to me it was, I will defenately keep watching.
Kadushy Douchebag
NewCultKing wrote...
Kadushy wrote...

I'm with ya brah.
I watched it and I was pretty entertained. It did have some heavy Yu-Gi-Oh! influences, but I'm not complaining (I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh! fanboy afterall). Overall it was good, or at leats to me it was, I will defenately keep watching.

At last, I'm not alone.
Sprite wrote...
I don't like series where the main character is 12 years old.

zz Whats wrong with not liking a series where a 12 year old has to decide the destiny of the world through a children's card game -_-
Kadushy Douchebag
Episode 2 was okay. They busted a destiny draw and I was like W..T..F.. The card games look pretty confusing. So it's like you can defend against an attacking monster from defenders in your hand no matter how strong their attack points are compared to the defense points?

By the look of the OP, I'm guessing they will form a team and play in a tournament?

Blaster Blade = Dark/Black Magician
Dragonic Overlord = Blue Eyes White Dragon or Red Demon/Archfiend Dragon
Kadushy wrote...
Dragonic Overlord = Blue Eyes White Dragon or Red Daemon/Archfiend Dragon

lol i jokingly thought the same thing

well I saw both episodes and I think that this anime is pretty good, not great but it still pretty good. Though there were a few parts where I though it was getting kinda gay. Well Im pretty sure this is an anime is not one of those that kinda tick me off so it definately wont be dropped this season.

side note: what is it with card game animes and a lack of girls, not that there needs to be like a harem or something.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Kadushy Douchebag
Hanasaku i should just die
Go_Master wrote...
The game system sucks. It's less strategic and less description.
The only thing you notice on the card is PICTURE and 10000~
Boring~

its not the game system that suck, you should play the original TCG its quite fun, the description are there in the cards and there are many type of decks and strategy there to be honest i'm quite addicted to it :D
Umm does anyone still watch this anime?

Seeing many people seems to said that this series is just bad copy of YGO and DO which is the truth not at all. Even now in the country i am staying atm, this TCG is already the third most played TCG just below YGO and Weiz Schwarz.
Kadushy wrote...
NewCultKing wrote...
Kadushy wrote...

I'm with ya brah.

At last, I'm not alone.

What decks do you have? I currently have a Kagero deck that I use as a ROFL cannon, and I might get Divas Festival paks to make a Bermuda Triangle deck, just for the loli mermaids that can troll and ROFL stomp people.
Although I am not playing the TCG "Cardfight! Vanguard", I watched a bit of the anime series, mainly because of the female character, Kourin, from Ultra Rare. :D

P.S. Needs more hentai of Kourin. :D
Pages 12Next