Manga and Doujinshi

Pages 12345NextLast
I'll be making a few different posts about some of the changes that went into effect yesterday. This first one is about one of the biggest changes, dividing the manga section into Manga and Doujinshi!

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time now, and I'm happy to have finally made the change. For those of who who don't know the difference the manga section will always contain original work and stories, and the doujinshi section will always contain content that is based on an existing anime, video game, or manga series. This change allows us to bring more order to the two sections, and it will allow us to upload more diverse manga and doujinshi.

Note: The above is a very very general explanation of the differences between the two types of content as they pertain to the categories on FAKKU. For a more detailed explanation, read the posts in this topic!

Here is an example of a manga, If We Could Meet By the Sea by Teri Terio.

example-manga.jpg

Here is an example of a Neon Genesis Evangelion doujinshi called Mina no Asuka.

example-doujinshi.jpg

And for those wondering the Nosebleed forum still exists, but it is no longer on the top menu. Also, the ability to download doujins or manga from the site will be unavailable until we upgrade our file servers.

Keep up the good work Dude, making this website up and running is like a blessing to all of us. Fakku for life!!!! \(0o0)/

PS. like your profile pic.
Masose Ona Degenerate
"If we could live by the sea" being one of my favorites! Thanks for letting us know of more of the changes
when will be the download links fixed? O_o
i might sound like a noob....but I just learned the difference between Manga and Doujinshi!!
thanks for clearing it up (:

im sure a lot of people had the same confusion xD
Great job in separating them keep up the good work fakku!
UUMMMMMMMMMM...............

I don't know if its just me or not but......
<.<(looks left).......
>.>(looks right).....
(clears throat) *cough*

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GLORY DOWNLOAD BUTTON. I'M FREAKING OUT HERE MAN...
TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!!!!!! /(O0O)\
Some doujinshis are missing, I only see the series from A-D
Excellent change! Thumbs up!
sir why cannot download doujinshi any more there is no more download button plss help Y_Y
where is d image "nosebleed" section?
aren't they prett much the same there both hentai
In essence a [Manga] a serialized graphic comic, and a [Doujinshi] Is a graphic comic based or sprung off from an {manga/anime] that is already serialized, right? o.o
ToyManC Forgot my safe word
It was a little confusing at the start, but after a little exploring I got my bearings again. The separation of the manga and doujinshi is just what was needed. I worried it would affect my favorites list, but it appears unchanged. Well done!
OddlyMad wrote...
In essence a [Manga] a serialized graphic comic, and a [Doujinshi] Is a graphic comic based or sprung off from an {manga/anime] that is already serialized, right? o.o

No. You can have completely original characters and stories in doujinshi, or have established characters and stories in normal manga. Like Black Lilith often commissions manga adaptations of their games that are published professionally in hentai magazines. The difference here is the professional aspect, whether or not they're being paid and printed officially. Doujinshi are fanmade, fan printed, and fan distributed.
]for the pg select on a series page. make it a click and scroll type so we can navigate to older pages faster on series that have hundrids of manga like Origpnal work (i know thats not a series, im just using it for an example)
the ability to find mangas/doujins through artists have been messed up.

It only shows the first page with no ability to see other pages with other artists :O
I think that the seperation of original works and dojinshi is a great Idea. I can find some of my old favorites easier
The feature that mattered most to me was the download links. The lack of them kind of puts a dampener on the other changes.

Edit: For anyone else wondering, it looks like download links will be missing for a short time.
https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?p=3100690
Well... Technically they're the same thing. One's usually SFW and serialised and the other is NSFW and not serialised as it is fan-made... I'm just being nitpicky lol
!!walw6pK4Alo wrote...
OddlyMad wrote...

No. You can have completely original characters and stories in doujinshi, or have established characters and stories in normal manga. Like Black Lilith often commissions manga adaptations of their games that are published professionally in hentai magazines. The difference here is the professional aspect, whether or not they're being paid and printed officially. Doujinshi are fanmade, fan printed, and fan distributed.

^this

basically, what jacob said isnt completely true
Pages 12345NextLast