[Anime] Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Pages 123456NextLast
Scheduled for airing in 2012, "Oda Nobuna no Yabou" is another anime title portraying historical figures as either moe or sexy female characters.

The male protagonist, high schooler Sagara Yoshiharu, finds himself mysteriously transported to the Sengoku era, whereby the various historical figures, be it warlords or samurai warriors, are female characters, instead of the commonly known males mentioned in records. What adventures await when Sagara Yoshiharu encounters Oda Nobuna? Is this simply a dream or will he find a way back home?

The premise of historical figures being depicted as female characters is no longer original, but for some reason, the prospect of potential eechi fanservice scenes serve to keep me going. ^_^;; Hopefully, "Oda Nobuna no Yabou" will carve a name for itself among anime viewers, rather than be forgotten over time.

Images obtained from the official anime website:

Forum Image: http://img137.imagevenue.com/loc10/th_43629_OdaNobuna01_122_10lo.jpgForum Image: http://img23.imagevenue.com/loc511/th_43631_OdaNobuna02_122_511lo.jpgForum Image: http://img135.imagevenue.com/loc577/th_43632_OdaNobuna03_122_577lo.jpg

Promotional Video:

And not forgetting the official anime website:
http://odanobuna.com/

P.S. 7 volumes of its light novel counterpart has already been published!
Whew... thank goodness for a not shitty harem protagonist
Added to my watchlist!
Added to my queue, quite glad crunchyroll got the rights to add this to their library.

Sure it has the generic cliched themes, but it is still worth the time to watch.
reminds me of the koihime muso game
Fun fact: Katsuie's breasts bounce in the OP even though she's wearing a breastplate. The breastplate itself does not move. In the actual episode, when her breasts bounce the entire breastplate moves with it oddly enough.
Kaimax Best Master-San
This anime is unexpectedly good.
the first episode was interesting to say the least, it'll be interesting to see more. I'll probably bite my tongue for saying it would be like battle girls time paradox.
hhmmm...
Spoiler:
If I where him i would have shouted, the hell is wrong about doing my job with the best I could?!! *then waits to get stepped on afterwards

ahh... thx sengoku rance and samurai warriors series for the knowledge
Room101 Waifu Collector
This was...really enjoyable for some reason. And yeah, Nobuna is smoking triple hot.

The protagonist (and his voice in particular) is getting on my nerves somewhat...but I'll refrain from now. At least, he takes to suddenly remaking the future of his nation pretty casually, and he knows his history videogame stuff, so there's hope for him yet.

I admit, as someone who played Shogun 2, I kept laughing all the time during Saito scenes, seeing that was the first clan I had destroyed when playing Oda.

Will definitely keep an eye on this.
NEXUS Since 2010
I already have 7 other shows to watch this summer, this one makes 8!
ZeroOBK wrote...
Fun fact: Katsuie's breasts bounce in the OP even though she's wearing a breastplate. The breastplate itself does not move. In the actual episode, when her breasts bounce the entire breastplate moves with it oddly enough.

In anime, fuck logic! XD

Lots of harem shows this season... Hopefully this stays pretty interesting and that I won't drop it.

Lol @ Iphone in the beginning! XD
Never reliable and always dying :D

...Man so much loli characters in the show...
And what's w/ the loli ninja's voice? -.-
NEXUS Since 2010
itsame00 wrote...
...Man so much loli characters in the show...
And what's w/ the loli ninja's voice? -.-

I know right, I just burst out laughing after that old man offers his daughter for marriage and the dude is all like SWEET! introduce me and then she turns out to be a loli and he's all like FUCK THAT I AIN'T NO PEDO!
Room101 wrote...
This was...really enjoyable for some reason. And yeah, Nobuna is smoking triple hot.

The protagonist (and his voice in particular) is getting on my nerves somewhat...but I'll refrain from now. At least, he takes to suddenly remaking the future of his nation pretty casually, and he knows his history videogame stuff, so there's hope for him yet.

I admit, as someone who played Shogun 2, I kept laughing all the time during Saito scenes, seeing that was the first clan I had destroyed when playing Oda.

Will definitely keep an eye on this.

Meh I got backstabbed by them as the Oda as soon as I moved my ashigaru to engage the ikki ikki :|

Pretty interesting show though. Can't wait for the Loli doujins to ensue.
Lol, important figures in history being replaced with anime babes. I actually enjoyed episode 1 more than I thought I would. For now, loli ninjas and tsundere warlords is enough for me to keep watching. Though the way the MC is already being referred to as "monkey" is very cliche.

Also...
Darkhilt wrote...
Can't wait for the Loli doujins to ensue.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Ammy wrote...
Though the way the MC is already being referred to as "monkey" is very cliche.

Not really, that's because the anime is following histories "events" closely.
The "real" Hideyoshi was also called "Monkey" and was also served as Nobunaga's footmen carrying his footwear.

so, what's so cliche about following history?

Toyotomi Hideyoshi had been given the nickname Kozaru, meaning "little monkey", from his lord Oda Nobunaga because his facial features and skinny form resembled that of a monkey. He was also known as the "bald rat."

Around 1557 he returned to Owari Province and joined the Oda clan, now headed by Oda Nobunaga, as a lowly servant. He became one of Nobunaga's sandal-bearers and was present at the Battle of Okehazama in 1560
Kaimax wrote...
Ammy wrote...
Though the way the MC is already being referred to as "monkey" is very cliche.

Not really, that's because the anime is following histories "events" closely.
The "real" Hideyoshi was also called "Monkey" and was also served as Nobunaga's footmen carrying his footwear.

so, what's so cliche about following history?

Toyotomi Hideyoshi had been given the nickname Kozaru, meaning "little monkey", from his lord Oda Nobunaga because his facial features and skinny form resembled that of a monkey. He was also known as the "bald rat."

Around 1557 he returned to Owari Province and joined the Oda clan, now headed by Oda Nobunaga, as a lowly servant. He became one of Nobunaga's sandal-bearers and was present at the Battle of Okehazama in 1560

Lol, I forgot that they did actually mention that during the episode. I just meant in the way that most tsunderes refer to MCs as "baka", "dog", "mongrel", or some other nickname. Not really a bad thing, just maybe a tad cliche. In this case it actually works with history though.
It's been good so far, also been surprisingly serious.
Darn Good, he is showing his backbone already! great!

anyone thinks that this will end by Sagara being transported back in the future/wakes up in his dream?
I'm glad i gave this show a chance, its got the girls, its actually somewhat serious at times, and it has loli's whats not to like? (well actually I don't like the main characters hairstyle it looks like a turd.)
Pages 123456NextLast