[Anime] Log Horizon

Pages 123Next
Synopsis wrote...
The story begins when 30,000 Japanese gamers are trapped in the fantasy online game world Elder Tale. What was once a "sword-and-sorcery world" is now the "real world." The main lead Shiroe attempts to survive with his old friend Naotsugu and the beautiful assassin Akatsuki.

Here's the announcement.

I feel that this anime is going to be good. I can't wait for it to start airing.

Here's the current characters and staff list for the curious.
Sounds like sword fart 2.0
fuwaruu wrote...

Why be original when you can copy others concept that sells?
fuwaruu wrote...

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.
niell wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...

Protip: it is.
Ryssen wrote...
niell wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...

Protip: it is.

Not really. I know SAO had its quirks, but I still enjoyed it. The first half of it, anyway.
So, like, now I actually watched the PV.

The characters has this final fantasy tactics feel about them, much different from the "teenagers with swords" feel I got from Kirito and the gang. Also the fact that the characters will be having different classes (instead of only swordsmen like in SAO) makes it interesting.

I'll give this a try.
Coming soon. YES!

I wish there was a better quality preview for this.
niell wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...

Not really a SAO hater but what i hated are the fans.
Anyway, Looks good but i hope that the "world" is better than SAO. One reason i loved SAO is because of Aincrad
broken1 wrote...
niell wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...

One reason i loved SAO is because of Aincrad

Like I said, I only really liked the first half, when they were fighting for their lives. The whole Rescue Asuna and elfs part was crap.

Edit: Episode 1. So far so good. Akatsuki is cute as fuck.
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
That is the most unintuitive VRMMORPG interface I've ever seen. Bringing up menus to use skills, you don't even do that in a real MMO. At least they learn how to do it SAO-style later.
Definitely ain't like SAO. This is proper MMO with mage and stuff.

I'm more inclined on taking it .hack. Viva Haseo.
Episode 1...

Spoiler:
...is okay so far. They haven't really explained the whole reason they were brought into this game, though probably that'll be uncovered in the future episodes. Thought it'd be another SAO-alike, though I tried to not think that way.

Thank goodness it didn't. There's some funny scenes along the way and that fight scene was really messy in the beginning especially with the whole move list selection that's blocking your view. I wonder who the two children are since there are scenes that emphasize them walking around places with other people. Looking forward to see that catperson in the next episode.
DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE

Spoiler:
..that opening theme is horrible. Akatsuki a qt though.
fuwaruu wrote...
DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE

Spoiler:
..that opening theme is horrible. Akatsuki a qt though.

I kinda like it though lol.

Ep 2
Spoiler:
Liking this show more and more. Totally different compared to SAO; more in-depth MMO job/class system, death in-game just respawns you back, Akatsuki > Asuna. You get the idea.

Wish some other subgroup would pick this up besides horriblesubs and commie though.
niell wrote...

Wish some other subgroup would pick this up besides horriblesubs and commie though.

I'm fine with HorribleSubs. As long as the subs are readable and makes a lot of sense. Anywho,

Episode 2
Spoiler:
This show reminds me a lot of a MMORPG game I used to play, with all this classes and subclasses. I'd say that the anime has gone to a good start. I love the fight scene. And Akatsuki...SO CUTE!! Looking forward to the next episode.
[7:49:37 PM] gitaaa: embarassed akatsuki best akatsuki
[7:50:10 PM] gitaaa: I kinda like the ED too

Makes me want to go back to MMO's and go support class.
Holy crap a MMO anime that actually feels and looks like a MMO anime!
Also the main guy isn't a Gary Stu(Praise be the Yevon!) and the narrative isn't restricted to a single character and isn't about getting into each others pants and.....Okay Imma stop now. :|
But yeah this is good and it's refreshing that they took a more lighter tone(like Yureka) in contrast to .hack and the others.
Spoiler:
This is actually alright. I kind of like it. Also watching for Akatsuki. I like how the main character is a strategist too. Makes things more interesting.
EP 2
Spoiler:
Yes! I want more of this PKK to occur. I'm just wondering if their party will increase.
Pages 123Next