Military Cosplay?

Thoughts on Military cosplay

Total Votes : 24
Military cosplay is, as the name suggests, cosplay of anything related to military from an SF Operator to a Helicopter pilot and then some. Although in anime there is a somewhat small selection to go with, I still think its worth a shot.

This thread is for users to share their thoughts, experiences and ideas relating to military cosplay and hopefully get some questions answered if they have any.
Would firstly like to open the floor to ask if anyones ever done a military anime cosplay like maybe Jormunand or Strike Witches.

I've done some MGS work as a Foxhound operative but that doesn't really count as anime I guess.
I'm working on a costume for Shingeki no Kyojin...kinda military...ish.
A few friends and I planned on doing something like NEET Squad for AX14.
Im working on this for Acen
Forum Image: http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120630203909/warhammer40k/images/e/e1/KriegGren.jpg
SneeakyAsian CTFG Vanguard
Had a SAS team follow me in a convention last year. Apparently, they enjoyed following the mysterious man in a mysterious space suit with a harpoon gun.
Well if it's Anime Military Cosplay then it's awesome. Real life military cosplay looks like the real thing cuz they can actually buy the real stuff they wear.
Hiveminers wrote...
Well if it's Anime Military Cosplay then it's awesome. Real life military cosplay looks like the real thing cuz they can actually buy the real stuff they wear.

I'd like to see more Anime military cosplay, I come across a few Hetalia and Shingeki no Kyojin cosplayers but that's about the closest I ever see to military anime. Want to see some Jormungand or Toshokan Sensou cosplay but mostly Jormungand.
I cosplayed as ghost from Call Of Duty, a vague cosplay as I don't know much about the game tbh. I later with a bunch of friends cosplayed as the Wild Geese Mercenaries from Hellsing. Didn't turn out terrible but yeah that's the most I've touched with 'military cosplay' unless if you count typical imagination of ninjas or assassins as one.
I likewise would love to see some more military cosplay specifically from anime. I've seen that video game characters are most favored in this genre since it's most easiest and I guess there's a larger base for games.

Me, I don't cosplay it since I actually am enlisted. My kit be too real.
[color=#993300]We need more Kan Colle Cosplaying!!!!
I have fears it'll become something of status similar to Touhou cosplaying.
[color=#993300]True, though in theory, if done well, it'd be radically different. By the way, how did you make your sig? I'd like to use a similar design for something.
Custom pattern overlay and shadowing, basically. Longest part was making the pattern.

EDIT: Went to a convention this weekend. Me and a friend dressed as modern day Foxhound sniper team.