Does non-H NTR exist?

It's probably hard to describe the NTR genres to those who do not follow hentai. So I was thinking whether if this genre actually exist outside of Hentai realm?

The only example I could think of, is Samurai 7 (2004), which was way before i got interest in H, and way before this genre seems to exist. For those who don't know, to cap off that anime:
  • inexperienced and unskilled (with the sword) teenager guy, met and interested in a teenager girl

• however his lack of skills was exposed in the course of the story, and teenager girl grow to love an experienced and skilled old man instead

• the old man after bath in all those romance, later rejected her

• the young guy decides to follow the old guy lead, stop pursuing her

• she probably got her mindheart broken, and ended up with no one (becomes a priestess

Minus flying robot, and that is probably the earliest, only and closest to NTR example for me, as i back then tends to put myself in those shounen characters shoes. Young guy, inexperienced, but ambitious and wanted to improve. Still remember the rage when i realised the old guy who i can't relate to win instead. And the anger at the girl, for "picking the wrong choice" and ended up with no one

You guys think it was counted as NTR? Seen any other non-H NTR movie/manga?
Kaimax Best Master-San
Samurai 7 was the best thing you can think of?

First and foremost, the definition of NTR is "The act of stealing The lead characters love interest" and before that the lead protagonist and the lead female must actually love each other.

In the case of Samurai 7, No. Kirara never loves Katsushiro and Kanbei himself never intends to "steal" her love. And Kirara was already a Priestess, she actually stops being one after the whole story of the anime and gave the responsibilities to her younger sister.

The only NTR in Samurai 7 was actually Rikichi's Wife that got taken away by bandits and then has to bear Amanushi's Child. Heck that's borderline stockholm syndrome rather than straight NTR.

The closes anime to NTR is probably Kimi ga nozomu Eien and School DAys, but both originated from 18+ VNs, so that's a moot point.

The one that has blatant NTR scene is Berserk, but that also uses sexual means to achieve it.

Natsuyuki Rendevous is close, but the husband is already dead and a ghost anyway.
Typically NTR is not my thing, so I don't search it out. But closest thing would be Nozoki Ana.

Forgive me for forgetting names
Spoiler:
The MC's first Girlfriend was cheating raw with some random dude, the whole time. Under the pretense of having to go home everyweekend.

Not Sure if is complete NTR, but closest I have come across.

Edit: This series is also Ecchi/smut as hell so yeah, but it's still not hentai.
Kaimax Best Master-San
deadsx wrote...
Edit: This series is also Ecchi/smut as hell so yeah, but it's still not hentai.

It's still an erotic material, so it defeats the purpose of the thread, since non-H pretty much means non-erotic, not "hentai manga or not"
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
I'm into Ntr, so I read a few manga that had the element.

-Blind love paradox
-Hot Gimmick
-Kiss and never cry
-Ai o Tomenaide

Those are the ones I can recall reading with ntr themes.
Kaimax wrote...
Samurai 7 was the best thing you can think of?

First and foremost, the definition of NTR is "The act of stealing The lead characters love interest" and before that the lead protagonist and the lead female must actually love each other.

In the case of Samurai 7, No. Kirara never loves Katsushiro and Kanbei himself never intends to "steal" her love. And Kirara was already a Priestess, she actually stops being one after the whole story of the anime and gave the responsibilities to her younger sister.

The only NTR in Samurai 7 was actually Rikichi's Wife that got taken away by bandits and then has to bear Amanushi's Child. Heck that's borderline stockholm syndrome rather than straight NTR.

The closes anime to NTR is probably Kimi ga nozomu Eien and School DAys, but both originated from 18+ VNs, so that's a moot point.

I don't want to go too much on the definition of the term, as it's just a loosely used term. But maybe that's why my point did not come across.

The term NTR we used here were different. Let's say we have a sad drama. A guy lost his parents, lose his jobs, have to spend his life run away from mafia. By definition, it's a sad story for him. The "sad" here is same with your NTR term (let's called it NTR1), define by the acts of the character in the story.

But the NTR genre i used here,and try to explain to others, is not defined by only the acts. Otherwise I will have to call any of the drama involve cheating to be NTR genre. The term i means, let's call NTR2 is defined by the provoked feelings by the manga/ anime toward the audiences.

The "sad" story of a guy I mentioned above could be spin off into a comedy, like HnG case. A story about a guy who keeps winning lottery and live a happy life, can be spinned off into a sad drama about how rotten the society is. For NTR genre i define as helpless, anger, resentment toward a betrayal act. And by the end: regret, pity on the heroine and the MC's actions/decisions. This is the definition i want to transfer across to those not familiar to Hentai

That's why I classed Samurai7 as non-H NTR2 as back then as i feel betrayal that the shounen character stereotype, not only failed to get the girl, but also showed his wimpy, helpless side along. And then in same way pity at Kirara for opening up her heart to one who will never loves her back and finally ends up alone anyway.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Gurren Lagann, I guess? Though it shouldn't count since Yoko and Simon had nothing going on between them, except a one-sided puppy crush.
artcellrox wrote...
Gurren Lagann, I guess? Though it shouldn't count since Yoko and Simon had nothing going on between them, except a one-sided puppy crush.

It got me to drop the anime though lol.
At this point I'm fairly sure people use the term just for the sake of using the term. Especially when the genders are reversed, which all the more confirms it.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Hentanize wrote...
artcellrox wrote...

It got me to drop the anime though lol.

Missing out.
I'd say...Ichigo 100%. You gotta admit, that's one NTR'd ending lol