I would like to know some methods to get better stamina and to loose a bit fat
Thanks for coming replies
Running. Plain and simple.
1 phrase

P90X
MANTARO wrote...
1 phrase

P90X

That shit will kill you. Used to be in the military, had seniors that loved that shit and then shoved it down our throats when it came time for pt.

On a side note, if your serious about it, it will definitely get the job done.
Yeah do P90X or Insanity if you just want results without knowing what your doing. Its definitely hard though and works and gives you the physique they show if you can keep your diet right.

But really take Bruce Lee's advice:
"Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do".
Work your whole body, don't just focus on one part.
Don't go eating less either, just eat smart.
Do Tabata interval running 3 times a week for a couple months to start burning all your excess fat.

Once you feel you've burnt enough fat, start doing hardcore strength workouts whilst doing Tabata interval running once a week. I don't know too much about strength training though, so you'll have to get someone else's opinion on this.

For diet -

Cut out all artificial sugars from your diet. No more chocolate bars, no more peanut butter, no more crisps, and absolutely no more McD's.

Cut out as much fat as you can from your diet. Next time you buy bacon, buy the 99% fat free one.

Boil instead of frying your foods.

Eat vegetables and fruits. Did you know that raw spinach is composed of about 30% protein and 55% carbs? Next time someone tells you you have to eat meat for the protein, they're full of shit. You can also get the necessary fats from fruits and vegetables. Almost always, the fats in vegetables are the good fats instead of the bad ones you can find in meat. I'm not saying don't eat meat, I'm saying there are other ways to go about getting your dietary needs if you'd rather not risk ingesting a lot of bad with the good.

Eat as much dark green, leafy vegetables as possible. Spinach, Kale, Broccoli, that sort of stuff. Our closest cousins, chimps, eat mainly dark green, leafy vegetables and fruits, alongside a smaller portion of insects. Although they do also eat other mammals such as pig and antelope, but that only accounts for 5% of their diet. They are omnivores and have teeth structure similar to ours. Tell me, how much meat have you eaten? Perhaps you should cut back a bit.

Cut down on breads and it's equivalents. That means pasta, rice and whatever else fits the category. They turn to paste in your digestive system and slow you down. Most people today shit about once a day. The ideal shitting pattern is about half an hour after eating. That means you eat thrice a day, you shit thrice a day. Best part? No wiping required. (Freaked me out the first time I had the ideal shit. No one told me beforehand what to expect.)

keystrokes keystrokes keystrokes keystrokes
Cut out fat is the best thing to do. Also eat smaller portions throughout the day. Eat breakfast especially it makes u feel full and u feel awake and when I say breakfast I don't mean poptarts I mea get some eggs put a little spinach tomatoes red onions turkey sausage or turkey bacon is always good substitutes. Next is either second or the most important thing...COLD WATER drink cold water as much as u can I have 2 reasons first make u feel less hungry and so that way u don't have to eat so much second is it helps burn calories they say it takes 1 oz of water to burn off calories now that may seem small but just like if u keep saving pennies you will eventually have 20 dollars. But with drinking cold water making u feel full so u don't eat a giant meal and it's helping burn stuff off at the Same time u do simple exercise like biking swimming basketball..you will lose the wieght
If you don't really feel like spending money on a gym membership or anything like that you could go ahead and get Convict Conditioning by Paul 'Coach' Wade from Dragon Door.

Spoiler:
The book is all about bodyweight workouts (which basically means you can workout anywhere you want home included with no extra equipment at all)

Combine the book with periodic cardio and there you go.
The best way to combat laziness is to workout with a friend or a family member. It makes a big difference initially as you try to make a routine. Once your routine is down and you see some results, those will be all the motivation you will need.

If you are serious about losing weight, you have to exercise and eat smart. Give up juice and soda. Give up fast food. Give up sweets. Limit bread/rice consumption. Eat your veggies.

For exercise, whatever you decide to do, try to keep your heart rate up. That means make most of your workouts high intensity. Limit rest periods to 30 seconds.

It's important to be patient. Hard work does pay off.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
.....I don't think anyone realizes that this thread is dated back to 2010.....
SneeakyAsian CTFG Vanguard
[color=#993300]For slimness, focus on diet in a mix with exercise. Cut on carbs and fats. However, don't focus on protein unless you are exercising regularly, excess protein is converted to fat. And Life Hax: Eating spicy food is known to boost metabolism, thereby mimiking the boost exercise does, therefore burning more calories more naturally.

Basic conditioning is what you want for general fitness, martial arts can also help with that if you'd like to be strong but not bulky. This is my preference, since I'm not too big on looking like a rock. Cardiovascular training is also very important as it is crucial to building stamina. As many have said, running is good, but don't push too hard or it isn't good for the heart. Limit yourself to what you can do, not meaning staying in your comfort zone.
SneeakyAsian CTFG Vanguard
Misaki_Chi wrote...

[color=#993300]So people don't want to be fit these days?
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
SneeakyAsian wrote...
Misaki_Chi wrote...

Would make more sense to start a new thread or find one that is generalized on how to get fit. This thread is specific in relation to the OP desiring to get fit personally to which people were answering, but said thread dates back to 2010 and the OP has most likely moved on in life and will not see nor care about the thread 4 years later.
Misaki_Chi wrote...
SneeakyAsian wrote...
Misaki_Chi wrote...

Would make more sense to start a new thread or find one that is generalized on how to get fit. This thread is specific in relation to the OP desiring to get fit personally to which people were answering, but said thread dates back to 2010 and the OP has most likely moved on in life and will not see nor care about the thread 4 years later.

Still helpful thread read for others who want to be fit.
Get big and strong and that's about it. Muscles come with strength and with muscles come fitness. Come back to me once you can lift at least twice your bodyweight.
I actually would like too get fit as well but, in a bulky sense not cut even though i've never exercised before. A friend of mine gave me a list of somethings I can do too cut down my weight, push ups, jumping jacks etc but i'd rather get built, yet i'm such a picky eater even though there are so many choices out there.
CatNinja Esquire Cat
I prefer to run, I used to do cross country but I didn't have to lungs for it.
Being fit is a bit general unless that what you want.

Anyway, I would start easy if its your first time training/excersising. You can do this with jogging, hiking, sports, or rowing.

Building up endurance/stamina as well as burning fat is an important first step before "being fit"
Pages 12Next