Windows 7 Family Safety Activity Reporting

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anybody knows just how much Activity Reporting actually reports?

I'm currently borrowing my mother's husband's laptop in order to study for a test using an E-book in a PDF format and I noticed that activity monitoring is turned on. My mother's husband turned activity monitoring on in order for him to track what I do on the laptop when he isn't home and to make sure I'm studying. However, just how much detail can he see using activity reporting?

I open the e-book PDF in order to trick him into thinking I'm reading it, but I usually just leave it on the first page after opening it. Can he track if I actually turn the pages or can he only track if I have the e-book open? I don't do anything else on the laptop, so after I pretend to open and read the e-book I sometimes just do other things away from the computer.

A guy needs a break if he studies 6+ hours a day for an exam, so please don't say things like "You should study instead of messing around" and stuff like that. As for why I'm borrowing my mother's husband's laptop, my laptop just recently broke. I'd appreciate any info you guys might have on this please.

By the way, I'm 20 and I'm studying for a Windows 7 Config exam. I'm not some underage kid, just so you guys know.
How about googling "family safety activity tutorial"? Considering that whoever is trying to monitor you using that software most likely isn't a Microsoft MVP with exclusive knowledge of that software, you will be able to see everything what they can do just by skimming a tutorial or two.

I noticed that there is a "Most popular websites" part, so you might not want Fakku on it. There might be easy ways around it, but that depends on the software and needs to be tested.
If all you need is pdf support and it does't look like anyone is ever actually watching you when you actually use the machine you could always just keep a live usb linux installation around to hit the web.
Marts wrote...
How about googling "family safety activity tutorial"? Considering that whoever is trying to monitor you using that software most likely isn't a Microsoft MVP with exclusive knowledge of that software, you will be able to see everything what they can do just by skimming a tutorial or two.

I noticed that there is a "Most popular websites" part, so you might not want Fakku on it. There might be easy ways around it, but that depends on the software and needs to be tested.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out.

Also, thank you Rovencrone. I don't have a Linux installation though and it seems easier to just use my phone for fun browsing.