Djent and similar progressive bands (UPDATED)

Pages Prev123
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Katenshi-Sama wrote...
artcellrox wrote...
Katenshi-Sama wrote...
I have been listening to Periphery lately and it sounded really good, I still don't know what the genre "Djent" stands for or what it is :P but it sounds good. Most of the time I listen to some other stuff xD but since this thread is Djent I won't share them here.

I don't know if my link is Djent music.. I apologize if i made a mistake :<.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djent

LEARNING TIME!

Also, use this site to get a whole database of relevant bands.

http://got-djent.com/

Alright, sorry.

You made no mistake, so don't apologize.
Been a huge djent and progressive metal fan for the past few years. Big on ambient stuff to, hence interest in bands like TesseracT and of course, Uneven Structure:
Totla Mad wrote...

I love your username.

Also, everyone should check out this EP.

artcellrox wrote...
Totla Mad wrote...

I love your username.

Also, everyone should check out this EP.

I had a feeling you would notice!

Polyphia is pretty rad. Somewhat over-produced, but that's their sound. I love it.
got-djent's favourites of 2013 (as picked by all the users of the site) just finished, and here are the results.

http://got-djent.com/article/got-djentcoms-favourite-releases-of-2013-number-

Thoughts on this, people? Personally, I'm a little sad that Cloudkicker couldn't even scratch the overall Top 20 this year, but the fact that it was the next best free release after Ghost and I means it was close. Overall, this seems like a solid list.
Just wanna hear some of your opinion; what do you think about The Mars Volta? I found several of their songs are good, though most of them are somewhat... freaky? In a different way of freaky compared to Tool.
zeroniv_legend wrote...
Just wanna hear some of your opinion; what do you think about The Mars Volta? I found several of their songs are good, though most of them are somewhat... freaky? In a different way of freaky compared to Tool.

Not djent, but really progressive and really trippy. I imagine them to be the only band out there that could give Tool a run for their money in a Battle of the Bands.

Yeah, I like them. Don't listen to them frequently though.

Anyway, some news for djent fans out there:

http://www.theprp.com/2014/01/23/news/tesseract-intronaut-cloudkicker-tour-officially-announced/

I am a rather avid fan of both Prog metal and Djent, I don't know if either subgenre get much gratification however.
Maudlin Of The Well

Experiment metal and progressive metal.

King Crimson

Progressive rock and dadrock.

There are lots of good stuff here, I especially liked Dead Letter Circus and Uneven Structure, which I'm dling right now.

I also like Veil Of Maya very much, The Common Man's Collapse especially

Spoiler:
Bampu

Animals as Leaders new album
Spoiler:

Starsystems
Spoiler:

Dat new Chimp Spanner track
Spoiler:

The Helix Nebula
Spoiler:
CoiledFate wrote...
Bampu

Joy of Motion is absolutely fantastic, definitely a contender for my album of the year. Helix Nebula is interesting, but it's taking me a while for me to really like it. Haven't tried STARSYSTEMS yet and that new Chimp Spanner track is absolute sex.

Here's some more from me album of the year contenders for me, the second one especially is a must listen in full in one sitting.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In other news, not sure if people here heard of it, but some time ago, TesseracT parted ways with their Altered State singer Ashe O'Hara, and rejoined with their original frontman Daniel Tompkins. Certainly was an interesting turn of events, but I'm definitely looking forward to more Dan-ish (lol) TesseracT either way.
Bumping an old ass thread because this genre of music kicks ass.
Heres a cool combo. Some chiptune/progessive goodness. Enjoy.

I don't listen to djent very much, but I absolutely love Meshuggah. Catch-33 is one of my all-time favorite cds.
Pages Prev123