Pokemon

Pages 12345NextLast
Watching Pokemon has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It always puts a smile on my face, even with 4Kids' horrible editing practices, even with PUSA's horrible VAs. I figured that no anime forum is complete without a thread dedicated to Pokemon.

The Maid Cafe's Miltank: I recently watched a raw of this episode, as well as the May in Sinnoh episodes. Maids in an episode of Pokemon, who knew?

Forum Image: http://img177.imagevenue.com/loc559/th_61233_snapshot20080518170147_122_559lo.jpg
Brock is still a womanizer.

Forum Image: http://img155.imagevenue.com/loc684/th_61234_snapshot20080518170514_122_684lo.jpg
Dawn becomes a maid as well.

Forum Image: http://img215.imagevenue.com/loc56/th_61239_snapshot20080518170551_122_56lo.jpg
Forum Image: http://img219.imagevenue.com/loc6/th_61240_snapshot20080518170612_122_6lo.jpg
Ash cross-dresses for the third time or so.

Forum Image: http://img101.imagevenue.com/loc508/th_61241_snapshot20080518171441_122_508lo.jpg
And, of course, Team Rocket has to look ridiculous.
Amazing. I don't give a shit what anyone says, Pokemon rules. I've watched the movies every time they've come on Cartoon Network, and they usually do 3 at a time. I wish I could keep up though I always miss the new ones.
Pokemon, the only Japanese cartoon you can watch raw without any understanding of Japanese and get what is going on perfectly.

What is your favorite Pokemon movie, biketough? Mine would be Lucario and the Mystery of Mew followed by Sakashipping: the Movie (aka Pokemon the Movie 2000).
My favorite is Destiny Deoxys, that one was really cool and I think it's the one I've caught on TV the most. Munchlax evolves into Snorlax at one point and lol every time I see it.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Ah pokemon, I remember the days of looking for hentai of it. Damn manga was sexy. Although, I prefered digimon.

Forum Image: http://img109.imagevenue.com/loc756/th_97314_1208852829952_122_756lo.jpg

...I'm hungry

Forum Image: http://img41.imagevenue.com/loc628/th_97308_1208849597416_122_628lo.jpg
@ biketough: At least you didn't say your favorite was the Jirachi or Manaphy movies. It makes you wonder when Brock will get to be the star in a movie.

@ tsujoi: I still look for Pokemon hentai to this very day. It is the only anime where the very small lolicon within me comes out, the only other exception is "cool and spicy" Amu-chan. Of course, I look for hentai of Cynthia as well.

Pokesho, a very interesting Japanese Pokemon fansite.
I wonder if one day Ash will meet face to face with Giovanni.
Some may claim otherwise, but I believe Pokemon to be a great series, or at least belong to the stuff of legends. Perhaps one reason why it is so successful can be attributed to satisfying every child's dream of not having to go to school.

Then again, it could be due to the variety of cute Pokemons. :D
I love all that is,was, and will ever be pokemon. I love it, its my childhood and you never turn your back on your childhood. Even if you get made fun of. I love every season and pokemon. My favorite was the most recent "Palkia vs Dialga vs Darkrai". I even love the manga Pokemon Special.
I still buy Pokemon games. Everyone i know still admits to loving them but justifies it by saying how gay the show is. I'm inclined to agree. Everyone does have their own guilty pleasure show (mine happens to be Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) but I get no pleasure from Pokemon. I can tolerate it for the lulz every now and then but elements like Team Rocket just ruin it. I think the VG Cats comic about them summed up my feelings towards them quite nicely.
I only disappointed in the fact that team rocket can't use bombs,guns,and RPGs anymore. Really I loved the Squirtle Squad episode when they walked into a bar guns blazing. That was awesome,just pure awesome.
York wrote...
I only disappointed in the fact that team rocket can't use bombs,guns,and RPGs anymore. Really I loved the Squirtle Squad episode when they walked into a bar guns blazing. That was awesome,just pure awesome.

Pikachu's seizure attack was probably my favourite semi-violent thing that came out of Pokemon. Anything like that got raped out by 4kids and eventually the animators just abandoned violence altogether it seems.
oh wow its been a while since i havnt watched pokemon but its oen of those classics that never get old. If i had to pick which movie was my favorite it might have to be between Mewtwo Returns, The one with Entei, or the Jirachi one. Man and to think i used to be able to cite in number order the pokedex from 1-251(2?)
blind_assassin wrote...
Pikachu's seizure attack was probably my favourite semi-violent thing that came out of Pokemon. Anything like that got raped out by 4kids and eventually the animators just abandoned violence altogether it seems.

I watched that episode, it was alright, but the unedited Beauty and the Beach episode is far better. It's really too bad that 4Kids had to be such bastards that the Japanese wound up editing their show for international audiences, but it still got edited, like the infamous changes made to avoid talking about rice balls in all but one episode.

Speaking of edits, this site has comparisons between the original Japanese and American versions of Pokemon for most of the episodes.

Also, if Team Rocket didn't show up, Pokemon would be about as interesting as Chi's Sweet Home, which is fine as long as it lasts under ten minutes. The writers just need to throw in a TR episode here or there, update their outfits for once, and bring back those Boss Fantasies, damn it! (And I find it funny that VGCats updated Ash's clothes in that comic, but didn't update TR's motto.)
I like the old school episodes much better than the new ones. I'll still watch them, but nothing beats the old school.
The Jesus wrote...
I like the old school episodes much better than the new ones. I'll still watch them, but nothing beats the old school.

I agree, though I have to admit that D&P is the most entertaining season since MQ. I also recommend that everyone watches the unedited version of Mewtwo Strikes Back.
Cant call yourself a true fan of pokemon if you weren't pulled in to the whole "collect em all" trading card game phenomenon. =D

I used to have most of the original 151 pokemon holo cards and all of the game versions when they were released on gameboy (black and white screen) and gameboy color onwards to gameboy advance.

Lost my fascination the moment i saw the crap drawing of monsters on the generation after lugia and ho-oh.Just felt that man,the artists have finally exhausted their creative juices. Name and drawingwise for the monsters.Sad
maniakidd wrote...
Cant call yourself a true fan of pokemon if you weren't pulled in to the whole "collect em all" trading card game phenomenon. =D

I used to have most of the original 151 pokemon holo cards and all of the game versions when they were released on gameboy (black and white screen) and gameboy color onwards to gameboy advance.

Lost my fascination the moment i saw the crap drawing of monsters on the generation after lugia and ho-oh.Just felt that man,the artists have finally exhausted their creative juices. Name and drawingwise for the monsters.Sad

Yeah, I still have all my Pokemon cards, for some reason or another. I should probably sell them to regain at least some of the money I spent on them back.

As for the Pokemon designs, I like the 2nd gen designs the least actually. Naturally, I like the 1st gen designs the most, but the 3rd and 4th gen designs are very good as well.

Now to find a DP 79 RAW.
Does Ash get any good? Last time i wathced pokemon was hmm... don't even remember... all i remember the only reason he would win is by sheer luck or because its would just be a fight against team rocket, which i bet still gets blasted off in every single episode.
strikerx10a wrote...
Does Ash get any good? Last time i wathced pokemon was hmm... don't even remember... all i remember the only reason he would win is by sheer luck or because its would just be a fight against team rocket, which i bet still gets blasted off in every single episode.

You must have stopped watching it back during the Indigo League days, and if you stopped watching it then I don't think you would like watching it now. Anyway, Ash wins a lot more now without cheap victories, and his stupidity shows up far less often.
Pages 12345NextLast