[Manga] Highschool of the Dead

For those of you who haven't started reading Highschool of the Dead, it is a pretty awesome "zombie survival" manga that has heavy male fan service. I started reading it earlier today while working on an update and I was unable to stop reading through the 9 chapters that have been released. I recommend checking it out.

[XLG] is doing the translating as new chapters come out in Japan. I'm not sure if there are other groups working on it but I didn't see any problems with [XLG].

You can download the first 9 chapters here: http://xamayon.org/hsotd.php and below are some images and the wikipedia synopsis.

Forum Image: [650:463]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/blondeunknown/1160852916987.jpg

Synopsis:
A mysterious, lethal disease is on the loose worldwide, resulting in a catastrophic death rate of humanity, and the increasing rise of attacks, caused by the living dead.

In Japan, several high school students and a school nurse have banded together to escape Fujimi High School shortly after it was attacked by zombies. The group now attempts to figure who or what was responsible for this plague, and in the meantime, attempt to survive the present apocalypse.

Forum Image: [650:937]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9123/p231jq8.png

Forum Image: [650:940]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3619/p285fv3.png

Forum Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/jakegrady/HSotD_XLG_c6_p032.jpg
I've definitely enjoyed this one so far, being a zombie fanatic. I immediately took a liking to Kohta, for some reason. I guess it's the gun fanatic in me. :?

Anyway, I'll second the "this kicks ass, and you need to check it out" movement.
i've post about it here but ya'll only notice it now :roll:

still waiting for the next chapter to come 8)...ohh what a long ass wait :x
gizmo wrote...

Ahh impressive! If only I had followed your advice sooner I would have been reading Highschool of the Dead a lot earlier. I'll give you some rep to make up for my lack of observation :D
Jacob wrote...
gizmo wrote...

Ahh impressive! If only I had followed your advice sooner I would have been reading Highschool of the Dead a lot earlier. I'll give you some rep to make up for my lack of observation :D

TYVM :wink:

and i hope fakku can get more doujinshi from Inazuma(DAW) :roll:
hey i was just wundering when the hell is the next chapter of highschool of the dead coming out well some one plaze tell me i am getting realy pized of because i cant find out :twisted:
devilfish wrote...
hey i was just wundering when the hell is the next chapter of highschool of the dead coming out well some one plaze tell me i am getting realy pized of because i cant find out :twisted:

nobody knows this :?

yeah i know its long ass wait

btw you have the same avatar as bio's (a senior member in this forum) i think you might wanna change it before he finds out and get mad about it :roll:
i think ill start reading some of this :twisted: and then hope it becomes an anime
wierd.... i had a zombie dream, and woke up... wonder if this is related....
well glad i waited to now to read this always had a freak fear of zombies. This is an awesome manga though. i like it so far and can't wait to see what happens. hope no one dies because i really like all the characters. PLEASE will someone at fakku post a link to the new chapters that come out??? I BEG OF YOU DON'T TEASE ME.
Ahh Chapter 10 just came out today or yesterday. Check the site in the original post for the download!
i just finished reading up to chapter 10

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SOME SERIOUSLY GREAT MANGA~~~~~!!!!

that was personally amazing... even though im a little tweeked on fear of zombies :shock:

none the less, that was truly awesome!
:shock: i didn't expect it will be out this soon :shock:

currently downloading chapter 10 :wink:
yea this is a really cool manga thx for posting it *Adds it to his list of things to read* hehe yea chapter 10 was interesting her dad seems to be a Bad mofo.
This manga is like every other zombie story ever, but it's still awesome. :D
I have been coming to this site since it opened and this manga is what brings me to the forums.. how strange =)

anyways wanted to say thanks for letting me know about this one.

Oh and while I was at work today I got bored and despite it being well outside the range of stuff I normally deal with I thought I would clean up one of the pages Jacob posted and throw down some colors to see what I could get out of a rough manga page. ( never tried it before.. )

Forum Image: http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/234789/done.jpg

While this didn't come out as well as it might have if I wasn't ducking my boss at work I don't think if came out that bad considering I hadn't even really started shading..

Anyways thanks again for letting me know about this and I will be around =)
nice work. i like it so much.
awsome i just got done with act 8,9,10 and i like the colors
Thanks you two.. glad to hear you like it! =)

Especially since it was my first ever try with a manga page. I am still deciding if I should finish it or not ( add the blood you can see on their clothes and more shading and fix some of the colors for the hallway etc ).

Actually I was considering maybe I should try to learn how to properly color in manga pages so I thought I might take on another page to play around with... if anyone has any suggestions I would definately take it into consideration ;)

Oh and a big thanks to Jacob for mentioning my little piece of art in the main post you sure know how to make someone feel welcome heh. =)
That totally owns... best I can do is draw pretty decently digitally. But coloring, man, that really takes some skill and talent plus a lot of practice. I still can't do it for the life of me.