Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge

I don't ever wanna feel, like I did that day

take me to the place I love, take me all the way~ ♂«

Sorry about that, I got a lil bit carried away. This thread cannot be about one of my favorite RHCPs' songs, ever, of course.

In case y'all do not have any idea what --this is-- gonna be SHAFT's anime adaptation of Nakamura Hikaru's gag manga about a young "elite" man who has a policy of not being in debt to anyone. But he ends up owing his life to a strange girl who saves his life. Nino, the girl, believes she's a martian & lives under the bridge by the Arakawa river. So the young man ends up living there too.

And so, Shinbo is at it again; what else is new? Watch its PV and go -- "It is SHAFT alright."

Isn't that a kappa in the PV? Leading me to believe the girl thinks she is a kappa and not a martian, though I can't read Japanese so I could be wrong.
It looks good already from the poster. And Shaft produced? I'm sold.
Nikz wrote...
Isn't that a kappa in the PV? Leading me to believe the girl thinks she is a kappa and not a martian, though I can't read Japanese so I could be wrong.

You see, aside from the male "elite" and the female "who-believes-that-she-is-a-martian", there is a bunch of other "weirdos" (I would rather refer to them as morons though) in this series--that of which the "kappa" you saw is just another (moron-of-a) character.

Harmonian wrote...
Looks stupid.

That said, the more reason for you to watch it actually. It "looks stupid" (?)--but so are you; you will make a good team, if that truly is the case.

Or either you could have meant

Harmonian wrote...
Looks stupid.

I know. Hamtaro may look... errm... "mousy!?" but it sure ain't that stupid, and neither is it your goddamn business what others choose for an avatar!
Picture looks promising, synopsis sounds even better and SHAFT ensures the right amount of brainfuck tagging along.

Ow, and +1 for RHCP, fits perfectly to my current mood.
It is SHAFT alright.
FunFact: Dito sa Pinas, living under the bridges isn't really considered to be something that strange. Well, it ain't exactly your ordinary laughing matter either.
Ah Arakawa Under Bridge....another ShinbouXShaft work,based from the gag manga. Watched the teaser trailer & I LOL at the live-action kappa! As expected from Shaft,they really did weird thing to promote their animes XD Looking forward to this anime when it comes.
FunFact: Dito sa Pinas, living under the bridges isn't really considered to be something that strange. Well, it ain't exactly your ordinary laughing matter either.

Spoiler:
hermitVI wrote...

It is so damn obvious which one's the better, right?[/align]

This is not really related but after seeing that video, I was instantly reminded of the horror that was.....
Spoiler:

Well, I'll try to see if this anime can be just as fun as Sponge Bob Squarepants when it comes out.
jmason Curious and Wondering
SHAFT? Doing this? I'm in.
One of the soon upcoming series that I had a lot to say about. Some things such as Kenji, I mean Suneo, erm I mean Kenji Watanabe, no, I mean Suneohair – you know they’re one and the same – should be doing his thing for the ED, etc etc.

I’m not keen at all about SHAFT but I don’t dislike that Arakawa Under the Bridge has finally turned anime, despite of SHAFT. Not to mention that I'll get to see Nino in all of her glory and hear Maaya Sakamoto's voice while at it; Hoshi with his "Get Off of My Cloud" t-shirt (hopefully), singing some Rolling Stones. And so does Sister, Maria, and pretty much everybody in the manga. Of course, I couldn't possibly not mention Izaya-chan for being the voice behind Riku--the chief antagonist in the series.

EDIT: Sorry, I got carried away again. I forgot that I was in fakku! Silly me. Good thing I hushed while ahead.
Kiss-Shot Soba-Scans Staff
I do love SHAFT at times since they do anime that is different from the usual ones we get these days. Although they have this problem of becoming extremely lazy at animating and sometimes sucking the complete enjoyment out of a story (Dance in the vampire bund is a good example.)

But I look forward to this, sounds like a fun premise and the art style seems to have one almost similar to Bakemonogatari's, which was an eye pleaser at times.

Oh and Hiroshi kamiya is in this anime... for me thats enough reason to watch it.
Definitely watching this.
What's up with star-face , though?
I'll watch it because SHAFT is animating it.
rooploop wrote...
What's up with star-face , though?

I’m glad you noticed, though seriously, who wouldn’t?

DID YOU KNOW: why SHAFT, Shinbo, and StarChild got together and decided to turn this manga series into an anime?
-Because they all knew that Arakawa UB has the STAR quality.

Alright, that does it! I just about had it with you people! I’ve already proven a long time ago how much of fakku would jump on the bandwagon just because of a fuckin name. However, what I’ve realized just now is much even worse---
Spoiler:
that people actually like SHAFT?!
Like... REALLY!?!

Episode 1 depicts the first 9 chapters of the manga exactly just the way that it should be, so for now, I'm one happy camper.

[size=10]12 hours ago · Comment · Like · Report[/h]
First episode was crazy in a good way.
Kiss-Shot Soba-Scans Staff
I thought it was alright... I dunno...I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would.

With the next episode i'm going to try and go into it without expectations. At least it had a mother fucking Phoenix Wright parody in it! So glad SHAFT kept that in :3
I loved the first episode, I'm not jumping on any band wagons because i couldn't care less about who produced it... as if it actually matters.

I'm hooked until the end for these reasons;

1) The scene where she turns around and asks for him to love her.
2) The raw brilliance and originality of the story.
3) The fact that she actually thinks she's from Venus and all the other weirdness that i know will unfurl.