xxxHOLiC / Tsubasa Chronicle

Edit// Following hermitVI's advice, I've changed the topic into a general one. Also, seeing how both stories continue to overlap, I've decided to keep it's 'dual' character. Feel free to discuss anything concerning either part of either show here.

Am I the only one hyped up about the upcoming 2+2 Tsubasa/xxxHolic OADs ?

Though both seem to be lacking separate topics I decided to make a shared one since the stories are supposed to be connected and the release dates will be shuffled with one another starting with the first Holic on the 17th of February followed by the first Tsubasa exactly a month later.

I know that Tsubasa went down as the 2 seasons progressed and Holic was basically ups and downs all the way but after the quality spike in Tokyo Revelations and knowing that we are entering some awesome manga material I can't help to feel anxious.

That and I'm also a Clamp fanboy ...
I prefer reading Tsubasa related material more than watching it, and as for xxxxHOLiC I love all of it, so your not alone in this
xxxHOLiC is a definite must see for me. I can't say much for Tsubasa though. (cause the anime series honestly suck'd) - the only good thing was last years 3eps Revelations OVA.

I suppose I'm still going to watch both anyway, since I've read somewhere before that these 2 series' OADs will be intertwined. I'm not particularly certain though which manga chapters it'd cover... AHHH! I don't really want to think about it too much. I'd just watch it once everything is sub'd. (I'm not going to watch the 1st eps just to wait for another month for the next)

and I still haven't found the time to read both manga.
Forum Image: http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq183/dasiek22/Clipboard.jpg

The v2 from ACG finally proved watchable allowing me to experience the first xxxHolic OAD.

Impression ?
I was honestly a bit scared that they'll either try to fit to much material in those +20 minutes or release something without much substance at all. I'm so very glad to be proven wrong.
Apart from the last few minutes the pacing was subtle and the episode fit perfectly as a whole with nothing feeling abrupt/omitted. The main focus was put on Watanuki slowly changing himself and others around him and repaying the debt for saving his life at the end of s2.

I was kinda hoping to see more of the female cast but had to settle with Kohane (and of course Yuuko) 'only'.
If you learned to appreciate xxxHolic for those 2 seasons this shouldn't disappoint.

The crossovers with Tsubasa could no longer be avoided at this point BTW and big events seem to be drawing closer and closer.
I enjoy Holic, but not to go off topic and no offence but everytime I look at your new name I think your a noob. >_>
@theotaku : It was always getting misspelled and I kinda got bored with it.

Sorry for the confusion :P

--> Back to Holic
Seeing that all 4 episodes are now sub'd, I'm excited to really get back on watching the series; xxxHOLiC most importantly. Just to be able to see Kohane once more is already a bliss. Honestly, I'm still unsatisfied with how they ended her story in Kei(season 2). They even made it look symbolic by cutting her beautiful hair short. Yes, it wasn't all that bad but with these two OADs, I'd certainly be able to put that horrifying experience to rest. Wait, I hope you're not getting the wrong impression. Both seasons of HOLiC were good nevertheless. I'm just particularly concerned about Kohane. :D (and NO, I'm NOT a lolicon!)

For now, that's all I've got to say. My comments soon after my birthday! (Cause that's when I'm planning on watching all of these 4) :D

@Das: Why not do some little bit of editing and make this the thread in general for the two series (or at least HOLiC) and not just about the OADs? You know how I would hate to see another thread for these series just because of a first and a second season, etc, etc...
*Das hugs topic* - It would seem I completely forgot about this poor thing ^_^

Anyways, watching the OAD's certainly allowed for many feelings to resurface.

First of all, they further solidified my love to xxxHolic. This series always relied on style and an amazing cast of characters rather than action/drama and the OADs proved no exception. Apart from the final revelation (or rather hints about it) that was also mentioned in TS, it progressed in it's own, subtle pace, allowing short appearances for most of the cast without neglecting humor and it's trademark mood.

As for Tsubasa ... regrettably it's 2 OADs made me once again weep for a splendid yet ruined manga story. Skipping a buttload of important events it jumped right into the action/revelation filled Nihon arc without any preparation. To make things worse, a screentime of 2x25 minutes wasn't nearly enough to adapt the arc properly, making it very hard to understand and enjoy this part of the story and depriving the plot twists of proper impact. The flicker of hope Tokyo Revelations lit in me was thus brutally extinguished and the story's demise that started with Bee Train's adaptation continues. For shame ...

also @hermit : done and done ^_^

I'm shocked! How can they possibly run out of Suga Shikao songs that they'd have to re-cycle an already used one, "Kaze Nagi" from Honey and Clover II?!
[color=blue]I watched the first episode of xxxholic and I did like it. All the time, I forgot to continue watching. '.' This always happens. XD[/color]
[color=darkblue]Isn't Tsubasa the name of Syaoran and Sakura...?

I've Finished Tsubasa But xxxHolic Isn't yet...! [/color]
Yeah Tsubasa is a really good manga Havent seen the anime yet. xxxholic dont know much bout it caz i havent seen it yet.
I think its rather intersting how the creator of this series was able to interweave three distint series together (Tusbasa Chronicals, xxxHOLiC, and Card Captor Sakura)
Tsubasa Chronicle is the Best !!
MyNagi143 wrote...
[color=darkblue]Isn't Tsubasa the name of Syaoran and Sakura...?

I've Finished Tsubasa But xxxHolic Isn't yet...! [/color]

Yes,

Spoiler:
Real Syaoran's real name is Tsubasa, however he chooses to go by his father's name, Syaoran.

Real Sakura's name is also Tsubasa, however I'm not sure why she goes by an alias.
Aren't the names of tsubasa also in card captor sakura^^
denjchop wrote...
Aren't the names of tsubasa also in card captor sakura^^

dunno bout that, but they are CLAMP

on topic: oh shit, holic with chronicles?

oh crap, i'm excited.