There is no difference between 320Kbps mp3 and lossless flac

Pages 12Next
Sindalf Used to do stuff
See title.
Nashrakh Little White Butterflies Staff
This is a topic of endless discussion, especially with musicians.

Thing is: Can we actually hear the difference? At some point, it doesn't matter anymore. Some say that is 192kbps+, others claim they hear the difference with much higher bitrates (crash and cymbals are good indicators)

Is there a difference between 320kbps mp3 and losless flac? Yes.

Is it audible? No.
Nashrakh wrote...

Is it audible? No.

I can hear a difference between a 320kbps mp3 and flac version of an album I have, so... that doesnt work for me.
catfish wrote...

I can hear a difference between a 320kbps mp3 and flac version of an album I have, so... that doesnt work for me.

Well some can, some others can't.

In double-blind tests many so-called audiophiles couldn't (even at lower bitrates).
Sindalf I'll rep you when I get it back. Only fags *cough* TMS *cough* use flac.
I don't get why Sindalf got the -rep... for stating his opinion in IB? wtf.
Waar FAKKU Moderator
Nashrakh wrote...
I don't get why Sindalf got the -rep... for stating his opinion in IB? wtf.

haters my friends, some people are simply haters.
Waar wrote...
haters my friends

Sindalf hates me?
Well then... +rep for Sindalf to make up for it.

Oh man... I just wasted the potential -rep I wanted to give a certain somebody.
Sindalf Used to do stuff
catfish wrote...
Nashrakh wrote...

Is it audible? No.

Prove that it is just not placebo.
Well, there's a certain CSHHCHCHRSHSCHRCHSCHRSCHRSHRCSRHCSHRCSHRCSHRCHRSCHRSCHRSHCRSRCHSRCHRSCHSRCHSCRHSC in the background of my mp3 so, well... yeah.
Are you using $2 earphones?
There is a difference, a BIG difference!

Lossless flac is a hell of a lot bigger. And doesn't play on (some, maybe all? at least mine) mp3 players.

Flac is useless to me because of that. I never even listen to music on my computer anymore, since it's so shitty and can't do two things at once. Oh yeah, and the fact that I cannot notice any change whatsoever. But I don't own $500 headphones (lol who buys those?). Being tone-deaf and knowing nothing about music doesn't help either.
Sindalf Used to do stuff
ShaggyJebus wrote...

Lossless flac is a hell of a lot bigger. And doesn't play on (some, maybe all? at least mine) mp3 players.

Flac is useless to me because of that. I never even listen to music on my computer anymore, since it's so shitty and can't do two things at once. Oh yeah, and the fact that I cannot notice any change whatsoever. But I don't own $500 headphones (lol who buys those?). Being tone-deaf and knowing nothing about music doesn't help either.

Alot of people buy those headphones actually. Know a good amount of people who own them.
One day in the year 2012 vowels will have something to say about this.
Pic related; would rage again.
Forum Image: http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-05-02/1241243265586.jpg
ShaggyJebus wrote...

You can tell the difference as long as your headphones are over $100.
Sindalf Used to do stuff
ImperialX wrote...
ShaggyJebus wrote...

That is an absolute lie. Just what are you basing this on?
Sindalf wrote...
ImperialX wrote...

That is an absolute lie. Just what are you basing this on?

I use a pair of Sennheiser HD555s, which are just barely over $100 as of the current price on Amazon.

The difference between 320kps MP3 and FLAC is as big as day and night on those.
One word: psychology.
Pages 12Next