ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

There's been some controversy among some of the A-list celebrities that participated in the challenge. Just thought if anyone else had an opinion on it.

Or simply post your favorite one.

Here's mine.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
It's because people don't have anything better to do than point fingers and find a reason to complain about something.

The whole point of the challenge is to either donate $100 to the cause, or $10 to the cause and do a video with the ice bucket challenge and challenge 3 additional people to also do it.

A-list celebrities doing it are only bringing more attention to the cause, and I highly doubt they just donated $10. I've seen a Youtuber who did the challenge and also donated $1,000 to the cause. People are getting upset because they assume the celebrity is only giving $10 to the cause and doing a video.

At the end of the day you have a celebrity bringing attention to the cause, allowing more people to donate by either posting a video or what have you.

ALS is an uncomfortable condition you don't hear about often. It can get to the point where your entire body is paralyzed. The whole thing about it is taking an uncomfortable condition and doing a charity event in a fun way for people to get together and raise money and bring about more awareness.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
My dad did it since my godfather/his cousin has ALS/ Lou Gehrig's disease. Also the guy who make this challenge died yesterday i read. Drove into the boston harbor.

I couldn't dump ice water on myself since i can't stand it. I rather pay a hundo. Also i donate to others diseases since i have a CP and cancer people plus many beetus family and social causes like coats for kids/food/school supplies for low income people/building computers for schools/other shit.
I feel like most people get butt hurt to mask the fact that something good can be viral or fun. Sure the premise makes no sense, but it's raised a ridiculous amount of donations this quarter and at least more people are aware. I don't think anyone going into donating to a charity thinks that they will cure or end something. I've seen people bitch about wasting water and then shit in toilets with perfectly clean drinking water and never think twice. I also think people feel belittled or threatened when someone is being publicly altruistic, like that person was there trying to make them feel bad for not helping. I'm all for donating to a cause and helping out charities, sometimes you need a public gimmick to help out... Remember Livestrong bands?
SneeakyAsian CTFG Vanguard
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/Bnqy9Lx.gif

[color=#993300]Eheheh, ok. That was just for fun. But in all honesty, I believe the motive was originally good, but I think people are making light of it a bit
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
My coworkers made one of my managers do it one day. I'm a techno tard , but I'll try and figure out how to post it.

Edit: here's the link to my boss getting dunked in public.
https://doc-0s-6g-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/baimjsn2nt5ac8rgo6ek89q1fuf02ejf/3m013i682k6u5nsukg3ld1q4j2mfmrpe/1408485600000/16608648260921159110/16608648260921159110/0B_J7EDsLDPHZUklnMWRHVW45aFVENlc3TXRGZDF0ZWpFNXlj?e=download&h=16653014193614665626&nonce=aaslocf6l1884&user=16608648260921159110&hash=0ufm8dr56coi4f2qq7pjatn3o516ugnk
I'm glad people are doing this stupid shit for our entertainment and for a good cause.
They should do something simmilar to this for OI

It's another disorder not a lot of people haven't heard of. Luckily it is rare, but it's also genetic, meaning if you have it your kids or grand kids could inherit the faulty gene.

Osteogenesis imperfecta is a genetic disorder that makes your bones lack the needed...stuff, to make Colagen in the bones, thus making them brittle and weak. There are many types... and the more severe types... I don't see how people can live like that, not really being able to do anything without possible breaking of an arm or a leg.

How do I know about this? My uncle told stories of his grandma and how her bones were weak. This got me curious and then Google was my friend. Google OI and you should find a site dedicated to researching OI.
And now you know about it.

Back to ALS. I'm glad the word is being spread about it. I'm glad it's being done in a way that got people's attention. We need to raise awareness for more stuff like this.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager

The challenge raised quite a bit, the most the charity has seen, right?
I'm sure Rome got obsessed with shit like this just before they had their mouth wrapped around a curb.
I nominate Momoko, the Fakku Mascot for the ALS! Ice Bucket! Challenge!

*gameshow music and fanfare*