Announcement: Threads Belonging to IB

It appears that my opening post in this thread has either been deleted or gone missing.

In any case, the following list should keep everyone informed of what topics belong to Incoherent Babbling and its respective subsections:

1) Video threads. Ideally, there should be a focus of discussion if a member would like his/her thread to be in the Random section.

2) Birthday Celebration threads.

3) Status Achievement threads. (Examples include anniversaries and achievement of elite and elder status).

4) Forum Game threads goes into "Chat and Forum Games".

Thank you.

Edit: I have moved my thread back to Random and stickied it, mainly because I noticed some users may believe that the rules could have changed for Random. If any of the Admins and Mods feel that I have made a wrong decision, feel free to let me know.
So what is the difference between the random and IB section?
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
randomliner wrote...
So what is the difference between the random and IB section?

Threads made in Random at least have a sensible topic of discussion and a general direction. Put it this way: if you have a smart thread that people can discuss and contribute to, but doesn't fit into any of the specialty categories like Love, Romance & Relationship, Sports & Fitness, Entertainment, etc., it goes in Random.

Threads in IB are what they are. Incoherent Babbling. They're generally just people ranting or spouting nonsense just for kicks, and as long as posts there don't break the rules, pretty much anything goes.
Whoa! Now i can see the danger people are talking about. Thanks
I sometimes post a "random" thread in IB. Sometimes they'll stay on topic. Sometimes, not so much.
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
Ryssen wrote...
I sometimes post a "random" thread in IB. Sometimes they'll stay on topic. Sometimes, not so much.

Don't get your hopes up high in IB..
Bug post Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
Question about the 'video thread' part. What if the video in question was the basis for starting the thread/discussion?It'd be kinda weak to not include the source of your discussion in your discussion
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
I personally believe that exceptions should be made, but it seems like at the moment the mods assume that youtube thread always belongs in IB.
Aai FAKKU Ass Master
Fadetoblack wrote...
Question about the 'video thread' part. What if the video in question was the basis for starting the thread/discussion?It'd be kinda weak to not include the source of your discussion in your discussion

devsonfire wrote...
I personally believe that exceptions should be made, but it seems like at the moment the mods assume that youtube thread always belongs in IB.

^this
Most youtube threads are meant for IB, exceptions like Video game trailers or anime trailers are what matters most.

IB is the place for video discussions.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
What about threads announcing a special online event? For instance, I want to announce that I'm holding a twitch birthday bash giveaway where a lucky viewer gets $50 via paypal at the end of the stream. Does that go to Random or IB?
FinalBoss wrote...
What about threads announcing a special online event? For instance, I want to announce that I'm holding a twitch birthday bash giveaway where a lucky viewer gets $50 via paypal at the end of the stream. Does that go to Random or IB?

It's against the rules to do that.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Ryssen wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

Even if I don't post a link to the webpage?
FinalBoss wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

Yes.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
FinalBoss wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

You can contact jacob and see if he will let you do it