Have you ever been to an anime convention?

Have you ever been to an anime convention?

Total Votes : 5,385
I've been to 5 so far. All pretty local. I would have probably been to #6, if the con was not canceled. So now, I'm waiting for National Cosplay Day, and after that, there is a con in December. There is another con in September, but it's strictly comic books, and some of those people weird me out.
The first time I went to A-Con was one of the greatest times in my life. I never wanted it to end! One day I will co to comic con as well. I love Manga & will n ever stop reading it!
I went to Anime North is Toronto, Canada 2 years ago. It was quite large in the number of people attending, however the only thing that really grabbed my attention and most of my time was the vendors and spending my first time in Canada acting like a goofball about Canadian monies. looks like monopoly money :P
I have been going to anime central in the Midwest for five years now and I've loved every minute of it. I've made some memories I wouldn't trade for the world ( such as posing for a photoshoot on the spot, hanging out with a dude dressed as solid snake, and denying sepiroth a place to sit at our table in the eating area thus defeating him and his tray of nachos )

But the only real problem is that it's expensive of you wanna go the whole weekend. Even for one day it's a costly day cause theirs so much cool stuff and the badges themselves cost a pretty penny. But I love it :)

I have even cosplayed four out of five years. My second year I went as kouya from loveless, my third as haruhi suzumiya and rei ayanami ( yukata form) and ABA from guilty gear, fourth year as yomiko readman ( my personal favorite of my cosplays) and fifth year pikachu!!!

But yeah if you're an anime fan you deserve to go at least once in your life. It's pretty magical. Like Disneyland. My first year I Ran around hugging every cosplayer haha.

Oh and the year I turned 18 I bought my first hentai doujin at acen too :)
Anime Expo 5 years running, seems that each year it gets better for one reason or more XD
Been to AnimeExpo 4 times and were awesome, especially this year with Fakku.
I go to Japan-Expo every year, it's the biggest anime convention in France. I live in Belgium, but my home is not so far from Paris, so it's no big deal for me.

I go to meet my online friends, the cosplays and sometimes to get autographs for mangakas or other japanese celebrities (but it's really hard now^^)
I've only gone to 2 anime conventions, Anime Expo 2009-2010. The have both been really great, my favorite part is always taking pictures with the cosplayers and watching showings of new Anime. The first time I experienced a premiere it was Evangelion 1.0, I rarely watch anime with other people so being in a room with a giant screen surrounded by people who love the same series I do was so fantastic!

Although I think when conventions were originally created it was to meet other people who share your interest, however I don't do that as much and I should probably get more involved.
Duhhh, thou they are rare in my area :/
No, I haven't yet. Mostly it's either been been a problem of time or money, but I intend to go to one before too long.
Someday....Someday ill make it to one.
Been going to Anime Expo since 2006. I've always enjoyed it, for some reason the atmosphere just feels amazing. It's like if you really tried you could communicate with everyone there and it's always fun to walk around and look at all the stuff you might not usually see.
Yes; the New York Anime Festival in the Jacob Javits Center in 2008(?). Even though there was a HUGE line to get into the place, it was well worth it. Got to eat some wasabi (almost gave me a heart attack), meet some really cool people, take pictures of sexy cosplayers, and I almost had a chance to play jan-ken-pon with Yoshitaka Amano. But it also made me realize that my friends and I aren't the only geek loving anime freaks out there, and that some are even worse than us. It was a great experience though, and I'm definitely going to go again in the future.

P.S.
I was just kidding about the second-to-last sentence lol. Mostly.
Haven't yet, but really hope to with my girlfriend someday! =^.^=
Yep... and went to the FAKKU meetup at Anime Boston.
Been to a few. The "enjoyability" really depends on what they have set up for the day(s). The last couple have been kinda dull.
I've been to the London Anime Expo with a bunch of friends.
But I dont think Im going to go every year do to money problems.
I'm actually going to my second this year! :) I'm cosplaying as Otonashi from Angel Beats and my friends are also cosplaying other characters from Angel Beats. Cons are awesome, just avoid yaoi-ists. :(
yurixhentai wrote...
I would like to go to one. The closest one to me is in London, I just haven't had the chance to go yet - but I will soon.

i go to the london every october (cant afford to go 2 t imes a year ) if you go PM me can meet up and talk about how awasom fakku is :p
I'm a staff member for a local Anime Convention where I live. We get about 1400 attendees every year.