Inception

Pages Prev12
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
My brother can't stop bringing up this movie. Guess I have to go see it.
Kiss-Shot Soba-Scans Staff
Saw this a while ago with my sister, she just sat through it going "Whut?" whilst I sat through it going "Oh Nolan, never stop making films".

Loved it from start till finish, the dream sequences were really well done and although set in realistic places still felt set apart from the world of our own.

I also liked that they didn't over do any CG effects or go crazy with it but kept things relatively simple, although the bits where the dream is flooded and stuff starts exploding in the paris dream was candy to the eye.

Brilliant film and can't wait to watch it again, Nolan continues to impress.
CILLIAN MURPHY FTW!!!

Yeah, loved the film. Loved the score. Good job Nolan!
Spoiler Alert!:

Spoiler:
If you are not a complete idiot, you'd know that the effect of totems work only if you are in someone else's dream, and not your own. For example, Leonardo DiCaprio's top will fall in his own dream, but will keep spinning in someone elses. At the end of the movie, we are not sure what was going to happen to the spinning top; therefore leaving us the question whether he is in his own dream or not.

So I ask:
Spoiler:
You think he's in his own dream, thinking that it's reality?
or
is it Reality?
I think he's in his own dream
GoodDay wrote...
Spoiler Alert!:

Spoiler:
If you are not a complete idiot, you'd know that the effect of totems work only if you are in someone else's dream, and not your own. For example, Leonardo DiCaprio's top will fall in his own dream, but will keep spinning in someone elses. At the end of the movie, we are not sure what was going to happen to the spinning top; therefore leaving us the question whether he is in his own dream or not.

So I ask:
Spoiler:
or
is it Reality?

I could be wrong..it's just my opinion...

Spoiler:
I think it's reality..since the top looks like it's going to fall down when they cut the sceen
Gahald_Mills wrote...
GoodDay wrote...
Spoiler Alert!:

Spoiler:

So I ask:
Spoiler:
or
is it Reality?

Spoiler:
I think it's reality..since the top looks like it's going to fall down when they cut the sceen

Spoiler:
Yes, but like I said, your dream is based on your own experience, your own thoughts and stuff, so your dream is very familiar to you and almost identical to the reality. Because of this, you are aware that the top is supposed to fall after a short period of time, and therefore will fall in your dream. However, if you are in someone else's dream, well that's a different story (I will explain later if asked). So in conclusion, the movie ended with the top almost falling, but we cannot conclude that it fell. Therefore:
1. If the top fell, it could be reality, leading the movie into a happy ending.
2. If the top fell, it could also be a dream, so we basically watched a movie about Leonardo DiCaprio's dream. :/
3. If the top didn't fall, but was just shaking, then it means he is in someone else's dream, without realizing it.
Kaimax Best Master-San
GoodDay wrote...
Gahald_Mills wrote...
GoodDay wrote...
Spoiler Alert!:

Spoiler:

So I ask:
Spoiler:
or
is it Reality?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yes, but like I said, your dream is based on your own experience, your own thoughts and stuff, so your dream is very familiar to you and almost identical to the reality. Because of this, you are aware that the top is supposed to fall after a short period of time, and therefore will fall in your dream. However, if you are in someone else's dream, well that's a different story (I will explain later if asked). So in conclusion, the movie ended with the top almost falling, but we cannot conclude that it fell. Therefore:
2. If the top fell, it could also be a dream, so we basically watched a movie about Leonardo DiCaprio's dream. :/
3. If the top didn't fall, but was just shaking, then it means he is in someone else's dream, without realizing it.

Remember
Spoiler:

he cannot even remember His own kids face, how did the kids have faces in the ending?

Unless he made it himself, but not possible since with all the visions in the dream world, non of them has their faces.

so, there's a big possibility that it's reality.

The problem is the Spinning Top was to "complicate" our minds.

Kaimax wrote...
GoodDay wrote...
Gahald_Mills wrote...
GoodDay wrote...
Spoiler Alert!:

Spoiler:

So I ask:
Spoiler:
or
is it Reality?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Remember
Spoiler:

he cannot even remember His own kids face, how did the kids have faces in the ending?

Unless he made it himself, but not possible since with all the visions in the dream world, non of them has their faces.

I don't know why we're talking about this.

Spoiler:
Dream or not, it's a happy ending and was a great movie

Great analysis btw Kaimax.

And when is the DVD Release Date?
Kaimax wrote...
GoodDay wrote...
Gahald_Mills wrote...
GoodDay wrote...
Spoiler Alert!:

Spoiler:

So I ask:
Spoiler:
or
is it Reality?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Remember
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Um I think he can still remember his children's faces since they're his own children after all, but it's just that he's haunted by the memory that he didn't get the chance to see them turn around before he had to leave.

It could still be a dream if he unconsciously created the scenario in which he did see his children's faces.
amazing aint it? i need to see it again, clear some things up.
i think christian bale could have been in this, and would not be out of place, but oh well. i loved the cast though! specially leo and joseph.
I don't think anyone's going to be happy to read this but honestly, Paprika sucked, and was hardly like this at all.
I liked that movie, but is anyone bothered by the fact that the children weren't older in the final scene? they seemed to be the exact same age. I honestly can't remember if they said since when Cobb's wife died, but it must have been longer than a few months...
neyapuckachinha wrote...
I liked that movie, but is anyone bothered by the fact
Spoiler:
that the children weren't older in the final scene? they seemed to be the exact same age. I honestly can't remember if they said since when Cobb's wife died, but it must have been longer than a few months...

Fucking ballbreaker neya.... Spoilers. Use them.
neyapuckachinha wrote...
I liked that movie, but is anyone bothered by the fact that the children weren't older in the final scene? they seemed to be the exact same age. I honestly can't remember if they said since when Cobb's wife died, but it must have been longer than a few months...

Spoiler:
Thats why the movie was a cliffhanger. So wouldn't know whether this was real or was it just another dream
Pages Prev12