Worst Movie of 2011

Pages 12Next

Which of the following do you believe is the worst?

Total Votes : 15
Well Guys, its that time of the year, time to look back and take into account the state of teh movie industry as it stands, end of 2011.
Sure, we could look at the good stuff that have come out, but that will be covered by hundreds of awards shows. The bad only get 1, the razzie, and that's already over for this year.
So I thought what better way to close out the year then to look back at the year that was and do our own little awards for the...

WORST MOVIE OF 2011!

I've culminated the mainstream movies of the last year and have come up with 5 titles that truly bring the word 'suck' to its ungodly potential.
So, here they are, the 5 nominees for 'Worst Movie of 2011!'

1. Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
Starring: Nick Swardson, Christina Ricci
Rotten Tomatoes: 0%
Average Rating: 1.6/10
Metacritic: 9/100

2. Jack and Jill
Starring: Adam Sandler , Katie Holmes , Al Pacino
Rotten Tomatoes: 3%
Average Rating: 2.8/10
Metacritic: 24/100

3. Abduction
Starring: Taylor Lautner , Alfred Molina , Antonique Smith
Rotten Tomatoes: 4%
Average Rating: 3.3/10
Metacritic: 25/100

4. Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
Starring: Martin Lawrence , Brandon T. Jackson , Jessica Lucas
Rotten Tomatoes: 5%
Average Rating: 2.6/10
Metacritic: 22/100

5. Season of the Witch
Starring: Nicolas Cage , Ron Perlman , Stephen Campbell Moore
Rotten Tomatoes: 10%
Average Rating: 3.6/10
Metacritic: 28/100

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Green Lantern
Rotten Tomatoes: 27%
Average Rating: 4.6/10
Metacritic: 39/100

Sucker Punch
Rotten Tomatoes: 23%
Average Rating: 4/10
Metacritic: 33/100

Just Go With It
Rotten Tomatoes: 20%
Average Rating: 3.8/10
Metacritic: 33/100

Zookeeper
Rotten Tomatoes: 14%
Average Rating: 3.4/10
Metacritic: 30/100

Conan the Barbarian
Metacritic: 36/100

VOTE NOW!

Any more you would like to recommend, let me know and if they beat out the top 5, they will usurp their position!
#Areyouseriousbro? Zookeeper was hilarious!

OT: Season of the Witch end of story...taking the name from an already crappy Halloween movie and adding Nicholas Cage and Ron Perlman does not make a good movie.
I would have to say Big Momma, because it's basically a Tyler Perry Movie clone and Her movies suck and it needs to die, and not feed on life support any longer
You forgot to add "Never Say Never" to the Nominees.
I don't watch shitty movies in theatre... So it's hard to tell which one I hate the most.
I was looking forward to sucker punch I thought it was a cool movie saw it and thought wtf is this shit.
jmason Curious and Wondering
Let's see...

- Mars Needs Moms (the failed Disney experiment of "a non-Pixar 3D movie" which sucked big time)
- Never Say Never (I knew it sucked the moment I saw hundreds of tween girls camping in line for premiere tickets)
- Conan the Barbarian (my sister took me to it, was a bad sausagefest)
- Green Lantern (I found the cartoons more amusing than this one)
Age wrote...
I was looking forward to sucker punch I thought it was a cool movie saw it and thought wtf is this shit.

yea i dunno why the trailer to that movie made it seem awesome but the acutal product sucked balls! hair gorilla balls >
I actually liked Transformers. I found it more entertaining for the giant robot action. I also didn't think Green Lantern was that bad compared to a lot of the other comic book based movies that were released in recent years. It was a damn sight better than that Wolverine movie. I'm STILL pissed about what they did to Deadpool.
psbox362 wrote...
I'm STILL pissed about what they did to Deadpool.

Both the protagonist Hal Jordan of Green Lantern and Deadpool from the Wolverine Movie were played by the same actor. Ryan Reynolds seems to be butchering most roles he plays nowadays.
ShinZero wrote...
psbox362 wrote...
I'm STILL pissed about what they did to Deadpool.

Both the protagonist Hal Jordan of Green Lantern and Deadpool from the Wolverine Movie were played by the same actor. Ryan Reynolds seems to be butchering most roles he plays nowadays.

No, you misundertood me. I thought Reynolds was perfect as Deadpool. It's him being turned into fucking Baraka at the end of the movie with his mouth sewn shut that pisses me off so much.

As for his role as Hal Jordan. I've never read any of the GL comics, so I don't really know how well Reynolds portrayed the character.
His portrayal of Hal was amusing, but the movie itself was a little hard to watch.
Here are some recient contenders, introduced by you guys:

FAKKU ASSURES THAT ITS SH*T, THE SECTION:

Conan the Barbarian
Metacritic: 36/100

Mars Needs Moms
Rotten Tomatoes: 36%
Average Rating: 5/10
Metacritic: 49/100

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
Rotten Tomatoes: 65% (Top Critics: 53%)
Average Rating: 5.8/10

REMEMBER, THE CRITICS AINT ALWAYS WORKING FOR JUSTICE!
Metacritic: 52/100
Metacritic User Score: 1.6/10

But good lord there is a lot of crud isnt there. Here are some more contestants, just including their rotten tomato rank:

13 - 8% (Based off 12 reviews)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs Evil - 11% (Based off 61 reviews)
Something Borrowed - 14% (Based off 111 reviews)
Honey 2 - 6% (Based off 17 reviews)

Also, edited top 10, Transformers is out, Conan is in.
It isnt just its ratings, its also how many saw them and how disapointing they were in conjunction with its cruddyness.

BTW. Twilight, Breaking Dawn: 25%, its in with a shot!
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
psbox362 wrote...
No, you misundertood me. I thought Reynolds was perfect as Deadpool. It's him being turned into fucking Baraka at the end of the movie with his mouth sewn shut that pisses me off so much.

Same here. I actually liked the wit he portrayed in the beginning, to to see that happen annoyed me greatly. I just hope the Deadpool film recovers from it.

OT: Haven't really seen any film this year, so can't really say what's bad. Just by default, I'd like to say Twilight.
artcellrox wrote...
Just by default, I'd like to say Twilight.

Forum Image: http://arch.413chan.net/ScruffySecond%5B1%5D-%28n1318376061071%29.jpg
ShinZero wrote...
artcellrox wrote...

Forum Image: http://arch.413chan.net/ScruffySecond%5B1%5D-%28n1318376061071%29.jpg
I'm pleased to see that nobody thought of saying that Rubber was the worst movie of 2011.

Until I noticed that it was from 2010

Useless post.

Still awesome movie.
ShinZero wrote...
artcellrox wrote...

Twilight, Breaking Dawn (As of 18th Nov 2011)
Rotten Tomatoes: 27%
Average Rating: 4.6/10
Metacritic: 46/100
ITS LOOKING GOOD ^.^

The main problem most people are having with the movie, outside the obvious, is the RIDICULOUS cash in mechanic of extending it through 2 movies. Nothing happens in Part 1 til an hour and 15 minutes into it (no actual conflict till the last 15), so unlike Harry Potter, it wasn't necessary to extend it out. No one was going to say anything until they saw it, but now its undeniable. At least it wasn't a new trilogy...

Narvath wrote...
I'm pleased to see that nobody thought of saying that Rubber was the worst movie of 2011.

Until I noticed that it was from 2010

Useless post.

Still awesome movie.

I liked that movie. Sure, Quentin Dupieux is a bit up himself thinking his audience couldnt figure the plot of the movie so he has a character just walk up at the start and explain it, but it was a fun, stupid movie. Regardless, yes, off topic :P
Never say never and Twilight. Enuff said~
Duh Twilight, and that Bucky Larson thing, because it's a bro movie and I fucking hate bro movies (looking at you American Pie).
Pages 12Next