Re: Naruto - Let's Go to the Jungle

Do ergonomist really help?

Total Votes : 11
So guys, just as the title says. The part time office job i work for just hired an ergonomist today. To inspect and redesign our work place.
Btw, ergonomist are people who study ergonomics and.... ergonomics is- the scientific discipline concerned with designing according to the human needs, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design in order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance. The field is also called human engineering, and human factors engineering. - direct from Wikipedia.
Thoughts? I personally think that it dosent really help... its not like my work area is pure shit. Its actually pretty neat. But hey, any of u ever had this experience?
I wouldn't know, but it sounds like a waste of money. Hopefully you get placed next to a window.
purifier wrote...
I wouldn't know, but it sounds like a waste of money. Hopefully you get placed next to a window.

I agree.

Ergonimists in my opinion are for people who work on farms or in factories, since lifting something the wrong way can easily put your back out of commission for at least a couple days. Working in an office, eh..I can't really see the need. Except for typing but, that is covered by buying a different keyboard.
purifier wrote...

Well, its not my money so i dont care. and its pretty fun, coz we dont have to just sit there all day. we actually get up and discuss about our work area with the ergonomist. and yea i am seated next to a window.
Your workplace needs Maltron keyboards
obviouspam wrote...
Your workplace needs hookers and blackjack

fix'd
Fiery_penguin_of_doom wrote...
obviouspam wrote...
Your workplace needs hookers and blackjack

fix'd

true
if the new design increases the workflow than it´s worth it.
There are guys analysing every step of the employees and afterwards the think about how the arrange devices/things so that there is only a little time between each step. those guys are realy smart.

But if it´s only for the "feel better" thing, thans its worthless.
Eranox wrote...
There are guys analysing every step of the employees and afterwards the think about how the arrange devices/things so that there is only a little time between each step. those guys are realy smart.

no idea what is gonna happen... basically we get off work topics a little and talk about what we want and stuff... so yea its currently ok.
Cheese-kun wrote...
Eranox wrote...

no idea what is gonna happen... basically we get off work topics a little and talk about what we want and stuff... so yea its currently ok.

Suggest hookers and blackjack. Can't hurt.
Fiery_penguin_of_doom wrote...
Cheese-kun wrote...
Eranox wrote...

Suggest hookers and blackjack. Can't hurt.

i will. :D
Ergonomists works if you want them to do. And that's why they are useless, because it works without them if you want it too.

They can't really force you to sit straight or whatever.
Cheese-kun wrote...

let me know if you knows what will happen to your company.. but I don´t know what you are really doing at your company.

Mostly those ergonomist are arranging the structure in production facilities. So for example they place the screws on another place so that the way and with it the time is reduced. This way employees can produce more products and so the company will gain more money....

But I guess your company isn´t doing something like producing something, thats why I think the ergonomist at your company will useless.

At least he could place the coffee machine or printer on another place, but ...yeah thats pretty much useless
Cheese-kun wrote...
Eranox wrote...

Sounds like a way for those higher up to try and keep their employees calm and happy, while not spending even more money with giving you guys a pay-raise. An ergonomist would cost less than giving X number of people a raise.
Ergonomist? Sounds like someone your company should have hired from the ground floor, had them do their job and then they wouldn't have to worry about it.
Ergonomist? Sounds like someone your company should have hired from the ground floor, had them do their job and then they wouldn't have to worry about it.
I think it is a waste of money to be honest. As long as there aren't any complaints about people having spine damages after sitting in the chairs at your office for a few hours each day, or something like that, it doesn't really matter.
On that note however, I do support high quality chairs, keyboard designs etc, so that you won't have any lasting damage after working in an office for years where you sit on a chair that puts you into a screwed position.
Eranikum wrote...
I do support high quality chairs, keyboard designs etc, so that you won't have any lasting damage after working in an office for years where you sit on a chair that puts you into a screwed position.

Quoted for truth. People need them around the home also.

However, I hate anything but a flat keyboard without that ergo stuff, because I'm so used to the standard layout.