Smoking

Do you smoke?

Total Votes : 360
I don't smoke but I'm sometime a passive smocking "victim" with some friends and others.
No need to smoke at all... I prefer Hentai as a "stress therapy" ! (FAP-FAP-FAP-...) :lol:
Do you smoke?
Yep
If so, what is your reason(Or why you started) and why?
I have no reason, I started out of curiosity since my mother smoked. When I was around 13, I started to jack a few from her and try it out. It was alright so I started smoking more. In truth I enjoy it sometimes, I like the Menthol taste, but other times I can't stand waking up, grabbing a drink and my first instinct is to light up.

I might quit soon, since I don't have a job and can't afford it. Surprisingly enough, I've been smoking for about 5 years, and I've had no issues with endurance, or coughing. I'm still able to run a mile, my breath doesn't smell and I don't have yellow teeth.
Tegumi wrote...
ShaggyJebus wrote...

I brought up drinking because it can (and does) hurt others, not just the person who drinks. How? Drunk driving. Tons of people are killed or injured by drunk drivers every year. So why not make alcohol illegal? I'm sure more people are killed every year because of drunk driving accidents than by second hand smoke.

Glad you decided to re-iterate your point. I was going to address it earlier, but it would have made my post too long.
People are injured or die from drunk driving only a percentage of the time. Consumption of alcohol doesn't necessarily imply the operation of a motor vehicle afterwards, and even if drinking and driving do occur, there is not an absolute possibility of someone being injured or killed.
Whereas if you smoke and there are people near you, there is a 100% chance of their exposure to your second-hand smoke.
And there's this interesting thing about drunk driving - it is illegal.

If we compare the two, we have an interesting contrast of risk versus result.
With drunk driving, the risk is rather slim. I almost never think or worry about a drunk driving incident on a daily basis. The result, however, [of a drunk driving incident] is definitely immediately painful or life-ending.
With smoking, the risk [of second-hand smoke] is rather large. If I'm in a public place, such as... say, walking in between classes, I can count on some clod somewhere along the way (or worse, walking directly in front of me) to be smoking. The results seem trivial - unpleasant smell, watering of eyes, drying/running of nose, coughing/sneezing, and general allergy symptoms.
The result of driving while intoxicated is much greater (death) but its risk is not very great (tens of thousands) when compared to people affected by smoking (millions) even though the latter's result seems to be only mild allergic discomfort.
Except that second-hand smoke can cause cancer anyway, so it's like killing them slowly (in the form of higher chance of respiratory disease in later life) anyway.
Now I weigh these two things. Alcohol, which is only dangerous when it involves operating machinery (which by the way, is already illegal); or smoking, which indiscriminately affects everyone around you. From what I see, my placement of concern undeniably rational.

I will say again, as blind-assassin did, second-hand smoking is not anywere close to being as dangerous to the average person as you seem to think it is. It seems that you are just alergic to cigarette smoke, so it affects you worse than most people. Most non-smokers don't particularly like the smell of it, but they don't have algery-esque responses like that. There are hundreds if not thousands of things people are exposed to on a daily basis that are considerably more dangerous then second-hand smoke, barring the extensive exposer a person would get if say...they were glued to someone who chain-smoked all day every day.

And I'm not particularly against banning smoking inside places like resturaunts. If you don't want people smoking in your place, that's your choice. And I don't like smoke around me when I'm eating, and I'm a smoker. But I do like being able to hang out in a smokey diner or bar. Which is why it should be up to the proprieter.

Smoking cigarettes might not be smart, but it's not the worst thing a person can do.
I hate smoking. Reasons:

1. I like life and cancer is not particularly appealing.
2. I hate going into bars and hanging out with friends that smoke because when I get home, in a non-smoke home, I can smell it on my clothes.
3. I couldn't imagine spending that much money of tobacco.
4. When I see a girl smoke it is an instant turn off.
I Smoke because i starting smoking hash when i was 14 and got addicted to tobbaco, i needed to stop smoking skunk because being stoned all the time is really really bad, (srsly i read some of the things i'd written and my jesus it's shit) so roll-ups seemed the logical step.

Now... i just love a ciggeratte and a coffe in the morning. There is nothing quite like it.

FIRST POST MWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA. ?how did i do?
Scribe wrote...
I Smoke because i starting smoking hash when i was 14 and got addicted to tobbaco, i needed to stop smoking skunk because being stoned all the time is really really bad, (srsly i read some of the things i'd written and my jesus it's shit) so roll-ups seemed the logical step.

Now... i just love a ciggeratte and a coffe in the morning. There is nothing quite like it.

Terrible, and you should feel bad about it.

There are jobs you can do being stoned all the time. Not ones that advance you much in society and such, but jobs none the less. Like mine.
illumi wrote...
Do you smoke?

If no, Why not?

I personally enjoy smoking, no real reason why.

Lol smoke what? Marajuwana? Meat? Cigs? Mary Jane is a yes and no. Meat is a yes. Cigs is a no.

Weed - Cause I wanna get high after being stressed out of my brains and nothing seems to work.

Meat - Cause it tastes yummy. Smoked Ham... yum.

Cigs - It kills you... why the fuck would I wanna kill myself?
Afroman wrote...
illumi wrote...
Do you smoke?

If no, Why not?

I personally enjoy smoking, no real reason why.

Lol smoke what? Marajuwana? Meat? Cigs? Mary Jane is a yes and no. Meat is a yes. Cigs is a no.

Weed - Cause I wanna get high after being stressed out of my brains and nothing seems to work.

Meat - Cause it tastes yummy. Smoked Ham... yum.

Cigs - It kills you... why the fuck would I wanna kill myself?

Telling people you smoke meat is asking for anonymous internet abuse.
That's what makes it funny. Double meanings ^.^
If you're talking about cigarettes, I smoke and I don't really need to question why. There's no actual pleasure in it, I mean I don't find it completely disgusting, but its just something I do.
The Jesus wrote...
If you're talking about cigarettes, I smoke and I don't really need to question why. There's no actual pleasure in it, I mean I don't find it completely disgusting, but its just something I do.

I think when you smoke for a long time, you tend to feel that way.
Or you feel like an addict and tell people how terrible it is and how you wished you never started, climbing up on to a high horse a looking down on people for doing something you still do.
I see that two more smokers voted after me so I felt like posting my sole reason as to why I smoke(cigarette)...

I lack SELF-CONFIDENCE and through smoking, I can somehow feel at ease.
That's all that there is to it.

We (cigarette smokers) are well aware of the facts & consequences, so don't judge us for who we are just because you think that smoking is stupid, just a waste of money, causes pollution, etc, etc. Just let us die young if we may!

and If you really abhor smokers or smoking for that matter, don't talk about it here! Do something about it! Help educate your community or something!

Remember that this poll only asks if we smoke or not and if so, why?
The Jesus wrote...
I smoked for 2 years. 1st year 1 pack a day and the 2nd year 1.5 packs a day. It has been 1.5 years sence my last smoke. My fav was Lucky Strikes. I also chewed a can a day for 2.5 years at the same time, sometimes wile smoking, having sex,ect. It's been 6 months. I don't recomend ether to anyone, but they do make you look cool as hell.8)
I don't smoke...
I don't get anything from it...
I don't I choose to refuse to smoke or use smoke weed, marijunana or whatever something else may be like cigar or w/e. I simply refuse ruin the quality of air around me because I want to breathe comfortably.

However i do have friends who's smokers as well, its their choice, amigo.

But uh, when I was a little kid, I locked my dad out in the middle of blizzard because he had to smoke, I hated it. He was stuck outside for several hours unwilling to break the glass door <_< stayed outside until mom woke up and unlocked the door. But, from that day on he never smoked ever again..

Must've thought it wasn't worth the hassle of freezing just for a cigarette i guess. And he was a hardcore smoker which makes it more surprising to me.
YamaKaji wrote...
I smoked for 2 years. 1st year 1 pack a day and the 2nd year 1.5 packs a day. It has been 1.5 years sence my last smoke. My fav was Lucky Strikes. I also chewed a can a day for 2.5 years at the same time, sometimes wile smoking, having sex,ect. It's been 6 months. I don't recomend ether to anyone, but they do make you look cool as hell.8)

chewing and fucking at the same time. Can't believe I never thought of that. I actually don't chew anymore, though. I used to, but I can smoke in my house, so it's less of a hassle that chewing.
Also, I love Lucky Strikes as well. I smoke Reds now, though. Filters aren't all bad.
Dante1214 wrote...
Scribe wrote...

There are jobs you can do being stoned all the time. Not ones that advance you much in society and such, but jobs none the less. Like mine.

Well i dont know how much you smoke but i was a stuttering reck, failing shit and falling out with everyone who wasn't as fucked as me. Apart from the fact that the only way I had the money was to shot myself it got out of hand. I don't really like gange anymore after three years you realise that there are better drugs and better things to do with your life. Like MDMA and K.

Besides i felt it was quite a good first post so meh i reject your opinion

Also smoke Natural American Spirit Class A's when i can afford it and Golden Virginia Backy when I can't. Incidentally as a Brit the quality of our rolling backy is literally heads and shoulders above US rolling tobbaco
Scribe wrote...
Dante1214 wrote...
Scribe wrote...

Well i dont know how much you smoke but i was a stuttering reck, failing shit and falling out with everyone who wasn't as fucked as me. Apart from the fact that the only way I had the money was to shot myself it got out of hand. I don't really like gange anymore after three years you realise that there are better drugs and better things to do with your life. Like MDMA and K.

Besides i felt it was quite a good first post so meh i reject your opinion

Also smoke Natural American Spirit Class A's when i can afford it and Golden Virginia Backy when I can't. Incidentally as a Brit the quality of our rolling backy is literally heads and shoulders above US rolling tobbaco

Despite it not actually being grown in your country, and both of the brands you named being American.
And I'm not saying being fucked up all the time is a good idea, I'm just saying people do it. Also, Marijuana doesn't destroy lives, so if you think it did, it's probably just your own fault.
Never have and never will. I don't see any reason to start though; it doesn't do you much good, and it can annoy and affect other people. Plus, it's pretty much illegal to smoke anywhere except outside, and taxes on the things are pretty high, making cigarettes expensive here.