Smoking

Do you smoke?

Total Votes : 360
Yes i,m smoking, but i don't recommend it to anyone (sound hypocrite ya?)
Rin_Penelope wrote...
Yes i,m smoking, but i don't recommend it to anyone (sound hypocrite ya?)

Well, it is an addiction.
But it gets annoying when someone who smokes 2 packs a day tells you every day that smoking is a terrible habit.
Although, just to make sure I meet my asshole quota, sometimes when I go out for a smoke with other people, as I'm lighting up, I give a few reasons why it's such a bad habit and why they should give it up.
I know it's bordering on duchebag, but I got for it now and again anyway.
no i dont. but for some reason i get a urge to i have no idea why.
ltdan676 wrote...

Because smoking is awesome and makes you cool.
Forum Image: http://amuse.hamsterpaj.net/distribute/image/do_it_faggot_2.jpg
Dante1214 wrote...
ltdan676 wrote...

Give it a shot, you won't DIE from smoking ONCE!
hermitVI wrote...
Dante1214 wrote...
ltdan676 wrote...

Unless it's been poisoned by your enemies.
I don't smoke (the poison and shit gets to me), and recently I'm beginning to detest smoking even more. Nothing personal people, it's just that I live in the perhaps last frigin' country on the planet where smoking in public places is allowed. You go out for a night and come back smelling like a goddamn chimney...
hermitVI wrote...
Dante1214 wrote...
ltdan676 wrote...

im the only one in my family that does not smoke
ltdan676 wrote...
hermitVI wrote...
Dante1214 wrote...
ltdan676 wrote...

im the only one in my family that does not smoke

I'm the only one in my whole family who does!
(I'm a responsible smoker at home, can't say the same when I'm out)
I lack any and all motivations to pick up new addictions, especially those without benefit to me.
Smoking? Not my thing. It certainly stains your teeth and you would have complications later on.
My friends consider me to be stupidly stubborn when it comes to my anti-smoking, anti-booze, anti-narcotics views.

Friend: Where's the fun in living clean dude?
Me: I dunno, but that doesn't mean I'll start destroying myself for the sake of fun either
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Both of my parent's smoked all of their lives and it made me never want to start. Got picked on all throughout school for my clothes smelling like smoke and even had a couple of teachers have confrontations with me on my "smoking addiction".

I did try a cigarette once in college because a small part of me wanted to know why my parents were so into it, but it was nasty and nearly made me barf. I know this was stupid, but whatever I live and learn [size=4]sometimes[/h]

Not my thing and never will be. The one thing I did learn though was to not condemn people for smoking. It's an addiction and a terrible and hard one to beat so even if a friend or in the case with my family chooses to smoke, I don't fight it. I might now stay at their place for very long since it's hard for me to breathe at a smokers house.
My parents grew up smoking and then 2 of my brothers smoked....I never have. I had/have asthma as a child so being around smoke messed with my chest and even now around smoke long enough hurts it to. I just look at it as a disgusting habit and will never buy anyone at work cigs if I need to go to gas station from work.
Misaki_Chi wrote...

I did try a cigarette once in college because a small part of me wanted to know why my parents were so into it, but it was nasty and nearly made me barf. I know this was stupid, but whatever I live and learn [size=4]sometimes[/h]

It all depends on the tobacco you smoke. I recently found great organic native smokes, they taste and smell amazing. But i do agree, it was pretty stupid to try one if you never enjoyed the aroma to begin with...

Misaki_Chi wrote...

It's an addiction and a terrible and hard one to beat so even if a friend or in the case with my family chooses to smoke, I don't fight it. I might now stay at their place for very long since it's hard for me to breathe at a smokers house.

Very true for most people. I find its easy to cut back quite a bit though. I use to be a 1 pack a day smoker for quite a number of years, now i have 2-3 cigs per day, and thats only half the days in a week that i even smoke. I once quit smoking for a whole year for shits and giggles, and it was pretty easy, i just went cold turkey, and after 3 days i stopped getting nicotine cravings altogether.

I noticed that after switching to organic cigarettes (quite hard to find) i dont get cravings anymore, just force of habit :/
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
I always used to get exposed to smoking when I was young, namely from my eldest sister. She would always just lean out the window of her room with a boyfriend and smoke the day away. I hated the smell and the taste whenever it would waft into my room. I never lost respect for her (that ship sailed away long before for various reasons) or anyone else for smoking since I knew it was a difficult habit to break. Once I learned how addicting and damaging it could be from her (after she quit) I vowed to never try one. Fortunately no-one I know smokes any more, some of my friends did but they quit after a while.

So yeah, not my kind of thing. Hate the smell, sometimes it makes me want to throw up. Didn't help when I was young that I had asthma and my sister still smoked around me.
i smoke weed. i don't smoke with cigarettes. nah but seriously, i don't smoke tobacco products unless its gutted and filled with weed. i do, however like smoking cigars. puffing a cigar while enjoying some wine or cognac with your buddies. good times =D but i prefer the ganja
sakabato24 World Warrior
I admit that I have started the habit of smoking recently, around the start of the year. A lot of military personnel smoke, a lot of my friends in high school smoked, and the high stress levels that I go through on a daily basis made me start this habit.

It can be addicting, but I keep my smoking to a minimum of one cigarette a day, two if the stress levels at work get to me.

I personally use it to relive stress levels on work breaks. For me at least, I feel a lot more relaxed when I smoke during a break, because work and the military in general get me stressed out as fuck.
There should have been a third option, see pic related.

Forum Image: http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/34114/13df67341134007.jpg

I smoke cigarettes and the chibah.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
King Dingaling wrote...
Misaki_Chi wrote...

It all depends on the tobacco you smoke. I recently found great organic native smokes, they taste and smell amazing. But i do agree, it was pretty stupid to try one if you never enjoyed the aroma to begin with...

Oh I know, basically chalk it up to being drunk as shit that night as well lol, not a good combination :P