Dragon Age Origins

luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Ah, the sad life of us in Europe, still having to wait for the release. And in my case, quite a bit of time for it to be delivered from a few countries away as well... Can't wait to finally get my hands on it, though.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Yushi wrote...
The PC version seem to be better than 360/PS3. The camera angle in PC is alot more sophisticated, better macro control, just overall experience gameplay is better. They say it's all great on all 3 platform, just slightly better for PC.

For a 60 hour (minimum) game, i'm very tempted to get it. It's been a while I've had a huge RPG to keep me for that long. (That isn't a fucking MMO)

Yeah, read the same thing from the destructoid review.

Still waiting for mine to arrive via UPS. They always get here so late. Pity I have class tomorrow, otherwise I'd play till the morning.
I'm still on the fence with this game. I've watched two video reviews and they both praise the holy hell out of it, but the combat in both videos just looked boring as shit.
luinthoron wrote...
Ah, the sad life of us in Europe, still having to wait for the release. And in my case, quite a bit of time for it to be delivered from a few countries away as well... Can't wait to finally get my hands on it, though.

Where are you come from friend?
Im from Poland, the premiere is friday 6 but probably DAO will arrive to me next week.Thats good because a have a few exams and if the game will get to me sooner then, I would definatelly play all weekend and miss the class...
Been playing it for most of the night.

Went with human magi. Mastering Entropy/Spirit. Combat is pretty standard. Right click to auto melee. Click or macro the spells/skills. You can set tactics for the AI, like in FF12.
Broke down and bought it. I'm a sucker for good RPGs. Decided on the PC version since I heard it was more challenging and an all-around better game. And then there are mods, which are always nice. It's being installed now, currently at 35%.

Will probably go Warrior - Berserker, or Rogue - Assassin. Question though. I know there are bows in the game, but which class uses them? Bard?

edit: Nevermind. After starting the game I found what I was looking for.
Reminds me of... Oblivion.
Maxiart wrote...

With a different gaming system. Reminds me more of Neverwinter Nights, though highly upgraded. Pleeease be better than NVN2, pleeease!!
Ethil wrote...
Maxiart wrote...

With a different gaming system. Reminds me more of Neverwinter Nights, though highly upgraded. Pleeease be better than NVN2, pleeease!!

Yeah, more of a NWN or Baldur's Gate kind of game.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Sanders wrote...
luinthoron wrote...

Where are you come from friend?
Im from Poland, the premiere is friday 6 but probably DAO will arrive to me next week.Thats good because a have a few exams and if the game will get to me sooner then, I would definatelly play all weekend and miss the class...

Estonia, and my Collector's Edition arrived today. Fuck, yeah! 8)
Tsujoi wrote...
Ethil wrote...
Maxiart wrote...

Yeah, more of a NWN or Baldur's Gate kind of game.

Well, it Is a Bioware game, so it should be =D Man, been waiting for something like this, can't wait to play.
FUCK!! I have to wait all weekend! Good thing I have Borderlands to play :-)
Its out today in my country. Too bad im busy with my project atm to play it.

Will be real keen to fire it up in a week or so! Here i come dwarven women, come get some of my sweet sauce.
Man, I'm loving it. No headaches at all on getting it to work, it just worked after installing it immediately. Really like the voice acting, I love the way combat feels, and lots of non-combat stuff to do as well so it doesn't feel a dungeon crawler-ish.

Playing as a female elven mage, planning on doing all the entropy spells then...whatever. Gonna specialize as a Blood Mage and Spirit Healer, I think.
Ramsus wrote...
Man, I'm loving it. No headaches at all on getting it to work, it just worked after installing it immediately. Really like the voice acting, I love the way combat feels, and lots of non-combat stuff to do as well so it doesn't feel a dungeon crawler-ish.

Playing as a female elven mage, planning on doing all the entropy spells then...whatever. Gonna specialize as a Blood Mage and Spirit Healer, I think.

Yeah, I haven't had any crashes or stuttering so far either.

I also like the voice acting in the game too.

I went Human/Female/Mage/Entropy and Spirit/Blood and Undecided. I unlocked Shapechanger, but haven't put points into it yet.

I'm over 8 hours in and only 13% done.

I find it hard to be an evil bastard as I care about the characters, lol.

Edit:

lol

Human Warrior here. I'm still undecided on what subclass to choose. I use 2-handed weapons, so whichever subclass compliments that is what I'll probably go with.

Oh, and and I've tagged Morrigan. She's hot as fuck. Managed to get her in the tent right after she joined us. One gift and talking to her a little bit is all it took to get her affection up (though it probably took me a dozen loads. trial and error ftw.)
I started a Human Warrior (tank)

I'm not so far in, but already like 5+ hours in.

I went to redcliff first, saved the fucking town. Then I went inside the castle. I'm like lvl 7 some 8. The moment i got into the courtward. This Reverend, fucking RAPES my ass. So now i'm into the Mage tower, i just fell asleep and into this dream world. Around lvl 8 near 9, I got MOrrigan, that Healing mage and that female rogue in my party. I have a feeling though i need to be leveling.

I've died like 100 times trying to get to the caravan or the elf place when i get attack by like 15 fucking wolves.
I just took out the Reverand thing in the courtyard. The extra knights at the castle gate really helped. I died so many times from the previous fight though. I'm also level 8 or 9 right now.

I've got Morrigan, Leilandra (The rogue chick, made her an archer), That ex-templar Warden, and myself.
I finished the the mage court. Was epic final battle in the dream world & the mage tower. got like 2 levels off that place. Reverend should be much easier now :3
Have played for a day straight now, and I must say, it's a freakin epic game, but it's damn hard. It's not like you're facing small groups of 2-3 hard enemies or 5-6 easy enemies, its more like 500 easy enemies or 50 hard ones xD I die a LOT. Is about lvl 9 now I think...

Oh, and I lol over how much LotR it is in this game, it's kind of sneaky, but the characters lines and the cutscenes, a lot of them have much reference to LotR, or if it is unintended, is very much like it.