My X-box 360 kicked the bucket again RAGE!!!!

Pages 12Next
NEXUS Since 2010
This is the 3rd time this has happened the last time was in December of last year. I am seriously considering switching to PS3 since x-box seems to be so unreliable. Can anyone compare the 2 consoles in terms of 1. Longevity (No not the user Longevity) 2. Price 3. Playable Content 4. Games and online play

I need a beer now.
Well I can tell you about the PS3 from my experience!

1.- Longevity: I have a day one 60 GB PS3 so far it works just fine and it doesnt overheat that much for being the fat design.

2.- Price: The PS3 is pretty affordable right now in the U.S. only for $299, that being the cheapest.

3.- Playable Content: Well Sony has its exclusive so does Microsoft but We'll be getting LBP2, Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 (near future XD)and The new Shin Megami Tensie's games.

4.- Online bla bla: Its free and will continue to be. You can buy a membership and when you do that you get about 6 free games a month so...yeah!! PS3 is quite a good console!!
You need to switch, i am currently on 2nd xbox, if it dies
Sorry but i ain't buying other one. PS3 all the way, no amount of exclusives will bring me back.

EDIT: ok there is a way but, it's way above the incompetent microsoft overlord's heads so I'm safe, no way it'll happen LOL
I like the Xbox a lot more than the PS3, but I have both, go xbox again so we can play
1.- Longevity: Ive got an 80 GB fat one and ive had it for ages now, Its never overheated and its perfectly reliable. (10/10 on the longevity front)

2.- Price: I suspect that the PS3 is pretty cheap now in the UK but maybe... Just maybe (Probably definately) the XBOX 360 is slightly cheaper but fuck... You get what you pay for Amirite!? (Dont know shit about the XBOX and TBH im not at all interested, Do XBOX users have to pay for an online subscription charge or something??)

3.- Playable Content: I dont keep up on this front much but Gran Turismo 5s coming out soon and thats always good to know! (Playable content = I dont know)

4.- Online bla bla: Ive only tried playing on my friends bros XBOX once online (Halo - Personally I Didnt like it) so it'd be insane for me to compare the twos Pros and cons and whatnot. All I can tell you is that ive had no problems with playing online with my PS3 except that one time like 2 years or whatever ago when PSN went down for like 1 1/2 days. Everyone RAGED HARD about that at the time but PSN is pretty decent. (Sony doesnt tend to fuck over its customers and ive been with them for years PS1, PS2 and PS3. I never went for the XBOX because I never had a reason to, Sony treated me good)
can't say much for the xbox360, coz I just bought one yesterday, for Halo Reach.

PS3 though, I've had the 250 gb slim since last year, and it hasn't crashed even once. Bought it when it first came out, so it's probably cheaper now. Games wise, it's still pretty solid, with games like Uncharted and LBP. Online's also free to play, though not many use headsets. All in all, still a pretty solid console.
Kaimax Best Master-San
1. Well, my PS3 is only 1 years old, but according to my friend who has bought the first PS3, it still lives.

2. PS3 is now almost as cheap as the 360, there;s no significant Margin in the prices of those 2

3. A good Number of Exclusive game, and "Complete version game" Loling at the Tales of fact.

4. PSN, it's free what else could I actually want.
I don't even know what you do to your xbox. My launch xbox is still going strong.

I've upgraded to the new slim one now but damn, you must leave your xbox on the carpet or something.

1. Don't know what you're talking about, at this stage with the Jasper models etc, xbox's are as reliable as their PS3 counterparts.

2. Price is about the same, so pick your poison.

3. In terms of exclusives, there are only a handful of them for each side. Most AAA games are multi-plat these days so i don't waste my time and do pointless fanboy rambling about disc games. Where i hold my opinion in is on indie games. Don't get me wrong, PS3 has some great indie games like shatter, flower etc, but it'll never hold a candle to the breath of indie games on xbox's library.

4. Its not even a contest. XBL is far superior and always will be superior to PSN. You pay for what you get. This fact holds straight for the console you buy and the online subscription you pay. PSN holds your basic needs for online play, but other than that there's no sense of community or features within PSN.

At the end of the day, consoles are dirt cheap, might as well get both, but if you really only want one, then choose the one that suits your needs and ahs the games you want to play. No point in buying a PS3 over a xbox just because it'll have blu-ray you're never going to use and vice versa.

To all you fanboys that are going to fiend on this thread, when all is said and done, the Wii is still winning.
NEXUS Since 2010
GameON wrote...
I don't even know what you do to your xbox. My launch xbox is still going strong.

I guess it's the luck of the draw because my little brother got his x-box the same time I did and he treated it terribly; He blocked the vents, Left it on for hours, He dropped it repeatedly (By accident he's clumsy) and the thing is still running after 3 years meanwhile I do everything I can to keep my system in working order and it malfunctions and is no longer playable not once but 3 times.

GameON wrote...
Don't know what you're talking about, at this stage with the Jasper models etc, xbox's are as reliable as their PS3 counterparts.

I'll believe that when I get an xbox that lasts for more than a year not just 8 to 9 months. My first one only lasted 5 months then it croaked.
My old one died on me once after about a year, and my disc drive was starting to give out about a year after that as well before I bought the new Slim model. I've had a few people tell me to just get a PS3 instead, but I never wanted to solely based on the console failure rates of the 360.

I enjoy the exclusives on the 360. Halo is fun, Gears is okay when I'm in the mood, and I adore Mass Effect and the handful of (still) exclusive JRPGs on the console such as Lost Odyssey. That isn't to say that there isn't a handful of exclusive PS3 titles that I'm not interested in, but there just aren't enough to warrant me getting the system right now. There are too many interesting games and features on the 360 for me to purchase before I go fork over the cash to get a PS3, but I will do it when I am ready.

I don't really enjoy trying to compare the two. Regardless of the intentions of the person comparing them, it always manages to turn into a fanboy shitfest at one point in time or another. "Just play games" sums the entire situation up. Whether a person has a preference over a certain console shouldn't mean anything to anyone else. I won't even argue that those who have all three consoles are the "better" gamers. It just doesn't matter, or rather it shouldn't matter.
well sony has been contemplating a pay and play method, as of now its free. Also FF Versus 13 will be a PS3 exclusive, so thats something to look forward to. Also its a known fact that PS3. is more reliable than xbox (also those who bought the PSP GO got screwed over HARD!!!)

CONS: lil things like cross game chat and the ability to change your ID you can kiss those good bye
NEXUS Since 2010
I think I'm going to send it in since the warranty is still valid and then buy a PS3 then when the new x-box comes in I'll give it to my friend.
I am not trying to convice you not to go to the PS3, its just that I am throwing up some options for you.

I don't know if you know about this. But they have a new Version of the Xbox 360. It is called the Xbox 360 S aka the 360 Slim. They say it is supposed to be alot better then the fat 360. With built in WiFi, a 250gb hard drive, a better cooling unit, and everythig else that I didn't mention will be mentioned in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuGxdup_6_E

Also the cable he mentions in this video, the one that allows you to transfer your data from the 360 Fat Drive to the 360 Slim drive, is sold at Gamestop for $8.66 (That is the price of the transfer cable That I bought and was a used one.)
I will have to say that it is sold at other stores and prices will very depending on where you get it.
And here is the a link for a video on what the packaging and what the cable looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s4zVf5YBfs&feature=related
Longetivity:

I'm sure we you experienced it yourself that XBOX 360 dies quite frequently. On the other hand my fat ps3 which is over a year old still works fine. This means with the PS3 you get to play longer hours without worrying.

Price:

As some people already pointed out, the PS3 and the 360 are now just about equal in terms of price. The PS3 is still a little more expensive but in ratio with its quality I think it's just fair.

Playable Content:

There are exclusive games for each console but the really good games are almost always released in multiconsoles so there's no problem there. Also with the PS3 you have the blueray which will assure you that you only need one disc to play unlike the 360 where some games are crammed into 4 dvds.

Online Play:

Playstation Network is free, well there are of course download contents which you are free to buy but every console has that. You only need a Master Account (which you can have by making a US account) and you already have free life time access to the PSN and the PSN store.

If the PS3 and the 360 were idols I'd say the two have the same talent. Both know a lot of dances and songs but the only major difference is that Ms. 360 frequently comes to the stage drunk.
Buy one from kijiji.ca
It's actually a very reliable website if you find the right buyer.
I gave up on my first xbox 360 after I had it repaired for the 5th time (not being sarcastic there either). I reciently bought another off my mate who was going through an anti-game phase, he knocked it off now, for about $150 with about 20 games and 3 controllers. That one is now gathering dust on a shelf and is rarely turned on.
I believe the reasons why im sticking with PS3 have already been pointed out by the fine folks here, like free PSN, a console that actually works and has a way better track record etc.
Stop playing for more than 4 hours at a time and maybe it will last longer than 5 months. As long as you take care of it, the xbox360 seems fine. My brother had one for 1 year and a half and the only reason it pooped was because he was stupid and plugged it in while we were in Spain and it got fucked over by the different charges in the wall. Incorrect power converter.
kawaiiloli wrote...
Stop playing for more than 4 hours at a time and maybe it will last longer than 5 months. As long as you take care of it, the xbox360 seems fine.

Yeah~ Stop playing... Never thought of doing that! (Genius) >__>
SLAYER NEXUS wrote...
GameON wrote...

I guess it's the luck of the draw because my little brother got his x-box the same time I did and he treated it terribly; He blocked the vents, Left it on for hours, He dropped it repeatedly (By accident he's clumsy) and the thing is still running after 3 years meanwhile I do everything I can to keep my system in working order and it malfunctions and is no longer playable not once but 3 times.

GameON wrote...
Don't know what you're talking about, at this stage with the Jasper models etc, xbox's are as reliable as their PS3 counterparts.

I'll believe that when I get an xbox that lasts for more than a year not just 8 to 9 months. My first one only lasted 5 months then it croaked.

I mean, i don't know. I live in NZ so our stock is pretty much shafted into waste products that aren't brought in the US. Its pretty easy to find a jasper these days, and all i can say is that they are awesome. My jasper slim is so quite, i play it almost sometimes 10 hours at a time (friend and i switch hours) and i don't ever see any sign of overheating while my PS3 fat overheats like a motherfucker after 2 hours of play.

Since you're sending your xbox in, your new xbox should be equipped with a jasper chip unit. I mean if that doesn't last, than you've just got bad luck.

Again i say, stick with the console that has the games you want to play. (REEEEAAAAAACHHHHHH) A console is first and foremost a gaming machine. Dvd's, blu-ray and other multimedia come secondly as a commodity of the machine.

Personally if i were to choose between xbox and PS3 today, I'd easily choose my xbox. Games have more value and longevity with XBL (because seriously PSN sucks folks) and my PS3 is just collecting dust because of there being no exclusives i want to play.
Well i have one year old xbox and it never ever got RROD ,then again i play max 1 or 2 hour per day on xbox
Pages 12Next