Jonny P. wrote...
I play on european servers.

That's unfortunate then =/
Rovencrone wrote...
Jonny P. wrote...
I play on european servers.

That's unfortunate then =/

Ahah, i know mate, i know.
I'm always kinda leery towards online games. It may be because I've simply seen more bad examples than good, but the competitive spirit hardly seems sporting- with bad winners and sore losers all 'round.

I've played with such people before, and if someone's a poor sport whether they win or lose, it just completely saps all the fun out of the game.

That's why I never got into Team Fortress, either. It seems like loads of fun- but being online, I fear having the experience being dampened by immature asswipes.
There's going to be such attitudes in any sort of competition and yeah it's a downer. I suppose it depends on whether or not you value the great times you can have over getting yourself down from occasional poor sportsmanship.
I play on the EU server (nickname 'Amrael' for those FAKKUers wanting to platoon), but just for fun in public matches - and unfortunately yes, it's kinda annoying when you get the so-called pros to flood the chat with "noob team", "idiots", insults and so on (but hey, reporting is there for a reason :D).

I started several lines but never found one that convinced me, though I did enjoy the turreted American TDs up to the M18 Hellcat - I tried the T25/2 but it's bleh (currently I'm keeping only an AT 8 to grind through the British TDs and getting ready to buy a T34, and I would love to grind through the Chinese tech tree since it's so rare to see their tanks above Tier 6).
t25/2 is mediocre at best with the 90mm but the t28 prototype after it is a complete beast. I wouldn't really recommend picking up the T34 however unless you already enjoy tanks such as the T29 or T32 as aside from the gun their one and the same. IS-6 is a hell of a lot of fun to play though.

Chinese mediums are pretty great, and at tier 8 the T-34-2 can mount a 122m, which gives ridiculous alpha to a tank with the mobility of a medium.
I've heard a ton about it and alot of good review for the most part but was informed that recently the game was updated and wasn't as good as when I heard said reviews.

I still hear good things about it (such as in this thread) but I have other online games eating up my time currently. I'll probably give it a go if I drop one of the other titles.
I'm getting the pz b2, that's for sure.
Dee::Arc wrote...
I've heard a ton about it and alot of good review for the most part but was informed that recently the game was updated and wasn't as good as when I heard said reviews.

I still hear good things about it (such as in this thread) but I have other online games eating up my time currently. I'll probably give it a go if I drop one of the other titles.

The 8.6 update caused much dispute with artillery players saying they've been nerfed into the ground. Artillery was made to require challenge and thought to play, but still retains its lethality. peeps just be whining.

Callonia wrote...
I'm getting the pz b2, that's for sure.

The only way you can get your hands on a B2 prem now is through a promo invite code, giveaway, or buying it for $90.99 with the tier 8 prem Lowe during the WoT 15th Anniversary special gift shop. I've only encountered it once and it's not the best thing to look forward to =P
I haz pz b2 nao and i'm seal clubbing like it's the end of world tomorrow.

It kicks so much ass.

All the negative reviews of pzb2 is sweet sweet lies designed to keep pz b2's population low.
Rovencrone wrote...
t25/2 is mediocre at best with the 90mm but the t28 prototype after it is a complete beast. I wouldn't really recommend picking up the T34 however unless you already enjoy tanks such as the T29 or T32 as aside from the gun their one and the same. IS-6 is a hell of a lot of fun to play though.

Chinese mediums are pretty great, and at tier 8 the T-34-2 can mount a 122m, which gives ridiculous alpha to a tank with the mobility of a medium.

I didn't read your post, but in the end I did choose the IS-6 over T34, and I'm very happy with it so far (plus I do have experience with the KV-1S, the gameplay is very similar, only the IS is slower and has much more reliable armor, enough to net you the occasional Spartan and Steel Wall).

Also, I tried a few games in the Type T-34. Not bad, kinda plays like the T49 (which I used for a while), but with more health and mobility, and less alpha and ridiculous RoF (1.9 sec between each shot, wtf).
Gun rammer, vents, and BiA that thing and machinegun everyone. Tanks like the matilda and the type t-34 are good fun.

@Callonia you dirty scumbag with your pubstomping =P Good thing you don't have a Pz Ausf J
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
pihip wrote...
Rovencrone wrote...

I didn't read your post, but in the end I did choose the IS-6 over T34, and I'm very happy with it so far (plus I do have experience with the KV-1S, the gameplay is very similar, only the IS is slower and has much more reliable armor, enough to net you the occasional Spartan and Steel Wall).

Also, I tried a few games in the Type T-34. Not bad, kinda plays like the T49 (which I used for a while), but with more health and mobility, and less alpha and ridiculous RoF (1.9 sec between each shot, wtf).

You want some rof?

Get SU-85B TD. Arm it with 57mm and watch the rain of fire! That stuff WILL hurt.

Also, you earn crapton of creds with it.
I occasionally still see KV-1 players mounting the 57mm instead of the 85. One could argue that it's not using the full potential of the tank with the lower alpha but it does make for a bigger matilda.
Data Zero wrote...

You want some rof?

Get SU-85B TD. Arm it with 57mm and watch the rain of fire! That stuff WILL hurt.

Nah, I'm not after RoF, if the cannon packs a punch it's more than enough, a single humongous shot is better than peppering the opponents with love taps, if you know what I mean. :D

Anyway, I thought about it a bit, and maybe I should go all the way and try and finish what I started with the Americans before going with the Chinese - that is, working up with the T25/2 and unlocking the T28 Prototype. It will be painful, but I should look up at the reward.

Speaking of the T25/2, I do have a decent sum of in-game money, so I was thinking about running some infamous "gold ammo" (it would be 150k credits for a full stock of APCR rounds, but that's not a problem, I can easily get the money back playing a few games with the IS-6). Should I dare to cheat a little to make my life easier? :3
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
pihip wrote...
Data Zero wrote...

You want some rof?

Nah, I'm not after RoF, if the cannon packs a punch it's more than enough, a single humongous shot is better than peppering the opponents with love taps, if you know what I mean. :D

Anyway, I thought about it a bit, and maybe I should go all the way and try and finish what I started with the Americans before going with the Chinese - that is, working up with the T25/2 and unlocking the T28 Prototype. It will be painful, but I should look up at the reward.

Speaking of the T25/2, I do have a decent sum of in-game money, so I was thinking about running some infamous "gold ammo" (it would be 150k credits for a full stock of APCR rounds, but that's not a problem, I can easily get the money back playing a few games with the IS-6). Should I dare to cheat a little to make my life easier? :3

Go for it.

Should be bananas
The 90mm on the T25/2 is sufficient if you know where to aim really. .36 acc and 1.7 sec aim time are pretty good, and as long as you stick to the playstyle of the t49 and hellcat prior you should be fine as long as you save your prem rounds for tier 9 tanks you'll occasionally see.

Keep in mind though, the IS-6 AP rounds only have 15mm more pen than the T25/2's 160mm pen. Considering that the pen falloff is pretty negligible at tier 7 you should have no problem dishing out the damage from a good range back. With 380m of view range combined with binocs, camo net, and rammer it's a quick grind.
Rovencrone wrote...
The 90mm on the T25/2 is sufficient if you know where to aim really. .36 acc and 1.7 sec aim time are pretty good, and as long as you stick to the playstyle of the t49 and hellcat prior you should be fine as long as you save your prem rounds for tier 9 tanks you'll occasionally see.

Keep in mind though, the IS-6 AP rounds only have 15mm more pen than the T25/2's 160mm pen. Considering that the pen falloff is pretty negligible at tier 7 you should have no problem dishing out the damage from a good range back. With 380m of view range combined with binocs, camo net, and rammer it's a quick grind.

Well, I wouldn't call it "quick", but if I manage 10k exp per day (which is my usual quota) it should be only slightly painful. Also, while I do know that hitting sides, rears and weakspots with the 90mm is mandatory (unless they're scouts or slightly armoured mediums), it's also true that a good percentage of shots I fired at said weakpoints either ricochet or pen without damage. Thus me thinking "WTF, might as well resort to APCR".

By the way, I might ask this as well: the T28 Prototype is, to put it bluntly, a freight railcar with a turret and a big ass cannon on top of it. My crew (which I'm using since the times of the T49) is trained in the Camouflage skill, and I plan to transfer it to the Proto once I unlock it. The question is: should I retrain them in stuff like Repairs and drop Camo, considering that the Prototype is so much bigger and has such a larger boomstick when compared to the Hellcat and the T25/2?
I'd say retrain to repairs but camo is fine too. You can still play the t28 prototype as a hull down sniper but it has the armor to be a second line support to your team's heavies.
Rovencrone wrote...
Gun rammer, vents, and BiA that thing and machinegun everyone. Tanks like the matilda and the type t-34 are good fun.

@Callonia you dirty scumbag with your pubstomping =P Good thing you don't have a Pz Ausf J

I'm buying pz2ausfJ the minute it's available for usa at reasonable price that is.