World of Tanks

Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
dragonsheart967 wrote...
So I decided to get a KV-2, and thus, need to grind the KV-1 to get the thing. First off, I just wanna say I forgot how great the tank is. Now, I wanna say that I died in the most epic way possible, and it's the way I died that was awesome, not some last stand.

So it's on Southwest, and I'm on the south path. I'm pinned down by a Churchill I and I'm on my own. At this point, I've taken quite a bit of damage, and I'm at about 60 or so. Then, out of no where, a flying T-49 kills me. I swear, the little fucker leapt off a cliff and landed right on my ass and took us both out. Guy was a fucking bad ass, and due to my short time playing this game, this was the most unorthodox, random and just plain awesome thing that happened in my presence.

Skip everything and get top gun first. The Ultimate Troll Cannon. Then you can have fun. And One shot KV-1S if you aim correctly and see them rage.

Also you can easly snipe with the thing.

Thank the WG for accuracy update.

Rovencrone wrote...

When you get to the KV-2, make sure you grab the 107mm to simplify the grind for the T150 if you ever choose to pursue it later.

And yeah, beware of pub stomping T49's. They've got speed, dpm, and depression, which is quite ridiculous for its tier.

Im not sure about pen.

Against tier 5 its sufficient but Tier 6 will cause problems.
I don't know where the fun is with KV-2.

No armor, no mobility, you do have ultimate cannon o' doom but terribad reload, accuracy and aimtime that makes it unreliable.

That said, I do see people troll equal-and-higher tier enemies with this thing in the odd match, otherwise they just get killed the moment they're spotted.

On a side note, Porsche Tiger could benefit from a small RoF increase (100% crew, vents, rammer and upgraded turret, and it still takes 7.25 seconds to reload), but I guess it would become a bit OP that way.

Oh, and Lowe is really nice at sidescraping, 248 pen on my Proto wasn't enough to do anything to its sides when sidescraping - and it was BEFORE the buff.
I picked up ace tanker last night on e-50 and I kinda drove like I was drunk in the match <_
Rovencrone wrote...
dragonsheart967 wrote...
So I decided to get a KV-2, and thus, need to grind the KV-1 to get the thing. First off, I just wanna say I forgot how great the tank is. Now, I wanna say that I died in the most epic way possible, and it's the way I died that was awesome, not some last stand.

So it's on Southwest, and I'm on the south path. I'm pinned down by a Churchill I and I'm on my own. At this point, I've taken quite a bit of damage, and I'm at about 60 or so. Then, out of no where, a flying T-49 kills me. I swear, the little fucker leapt off a cliff and landed right on my ass and took us both out. Guy was a fucking bad ass, and due to my short time playing this game, this was the most unorthodox, random and just plain awesome thing that happened in my presence.

When you get to the KV-2, make sure you grab the 107mm to simplify the grind for the T150 if you ever choose to pursue it later.

And yeah, beware of pub stomping T49's. They've got speed, dpm, and depression, which is quite ridiculous for its tier.

That advice for the KV-2 and the T-150 would be awesome, except that I already grinded the KV-1 for the T-150 and now have a KV-3.
Data Zero wrote...
dragonsheart967 wrote...

Skip everything and get top gun first. The Ultimate Troll Cannon. Then you can have fun. And One shot KV-1S if you aim correctly and see them rage.

Also you can easly snipe with the thing.

Thank the WG for accuracy update.

Rovencrone wrote...

Im not sure about pen.

Against tier 5 its sufficient but Tier 6 will cause problems.

You've got the speed in the T49 to wreck all but maybe T150's easily from the side.
KV-3 I cant give you advice on it because I got alot and alot and alot of El Hauffs and Highways while I grinded on it and matches was Tier 8-9 all the time. I was forced to stare down alot of E75s and climbing the hills while stock. I limped my way to KV-4 without ragequitting somehow.

Its probably a good tank, however I have no idea because of my matches xD
I absolutely despised the KV-3 when I had it and it killed any enthusiasm I had for the kv-4. The is/is-3 is just so much better for pubs where mobility is good enough to be flexible with your play. I imagine a triple platoon of KV-4/5's would be good fun for pubs though.
Rovencrone wrote...
I absolutely despised the KV-3 when I had it and it killed any enthusiasm I had for the kv-4. The is/is-3 is just so much better for pubs where mobility is good enough to be flexible with your play. I imagine a triple platoon of KV-4/5's would be good fun for pubs though.

I had better luck with the KV-4 than I did with the KV-3, while i might get alot of tier 10 matches, I actually see tier 8 matches in it xD

Its basically a huge slow brick tank with armor if you don't let them touch you in certain places that is. Its slower than the KV-5 but have less weakpoints.
So I ended up with a platoon mate tonight, seemed like a nice kid, and I assume he's within his teens considering his vocabulary. Anyway, we were mostly running ELC AMX, and we got a tier 7 match.

Somehow, I walked away with 5 kills, top of the bored in xp, and I rammed a Hellcat to death...

Best, match, EVER!!!

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/946x532q90/196/vyaw.jpg

Forum Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/946x532q90/10/wwzj.jpg

Forum Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/946x532q90/811/jyx7.jpg

The best part was probably the fact that I trolled an IS so hard, I was laughing half way through. I just kept circling the poor guy, making sure his turret never faced me. Unfortunately, that kill was stolen from me.
dragonsheart967 wrote...
So I ended up with a platoon mate tonight, seemed like a nice kid, and I assume he's within his teens considering his vocabulary. Anyway, we were mostly running ELC AMX, and we got a tier 7 match.

Somehow, I walked away with 5 kills, top of the bored in xp, and I rammed a Hellcat to death...

Best, match, EVER!!!

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/946x532q90/196/vyaw.jpg

Forum Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/946x532q90/10/wwzj.jpg

Forum Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/946x532q90/811/jyx7.jpg

The best part was probably the fact that I trolled an IS so hard, I was laughing half way through. I just kept circling the poor guy, making sure his turret never faced me. Unfortunately, that kill was stolen from me.

An ELC trolled me hard in a match in Ensk, and from that moment I completely hate the little mosquito. The scene: I was moving through a road chasing a T-34, then this guy charges me. I think "wtf he's mad", he rams me, takes damage... BUT basically wedges himself between me and a wall, and pins me there. Then four other enemy tanks pop out of nearby roads and execute me. And all the time I was trying to dislodge the fucker, LOL NOT ENOUGH GUN DEPRESSION.
So I just had a match in my KV-1 in a tier 7 match. Strangest thing, I'm hanging back, a Tiger peaks out, and this guy and I fire at it. He does normal damage, and I do some damage and set him on fire, bringing him to about 1100 hp without the fire damage added in.

Now after a second of the fire starting, the guy dies, by detonating his ammo rack from the fire I started. I didn't even know that was possible. One guy said that his ammo rack was probably already damaged, so when the fire started to damage the ammo rack, it blew up.

Nothing epic, just bloody weird.
If engine fire damages modules the same way it damages the tank (shaving off health in slower and slower amounts for a prolonged time), then I guess it's possible for a module to completely break. Modules have their own health, and guns have their own amount of "device damage" - how much damage they deal to a module if they hit it, aside from regular damage if they hit and pen.

As an example, look at Removed Speed Governor, if you keep it activated too much you're gonna break the engine.
dragonsheart967 wrote...
So I just had a match in my KV-1 in a tier 7 match. Strangest thing, I'm hanging back, a Tiger peaks out, and this guy and I fire at it. He does normal damage, and I do some damage and set him on fire, bringing him to about 1100 hp without the fire damage added in.

Now after a second of the fire starting, the guy dies, by detonating his ammo rack from the fire I started. I didn't even know that was possible. One guy said that his ammo rack was probably already damaged, so when the fire started to damage the ammo rack, it blew up.

Nothing epic, just bloody weird.

its nothing wierd.

I HAD my ammo rack blown up once by fire.

But i DO find it wierd that transmission causes engine fire....
Okay, I just never seen that happen before, so it I was pretty confused on that.
I just managed to retreat from the frontlines in a Jagdtiger, now let that sink in for a second.
Data Zero wrote...

Thank SerB for that, he's the one who thinks it's ok. And he's also the one who doesn't give a damn about it (said so himself).
pihip wrote...
Data Zero wrote...

Thank SerB for that, he's the one who thinks it's ok. And he's also the one who doesn't give a damn about it (said so himself).

And serb Can thank his own fat ass if he founds out that his bank account gets emptier.

Or something better comes and flatout outperforms WOT.

*looks at WT: GF*
sakabato24 World Warrior
After a few bad games, I'm just going to leave this game on a good note before I go to bed.

Forum Image: http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/sakabato24/shot_001_zps45140f40.jpg

Still nice to know that when I'm grinding for some free XP for other tanks, that I can still do decent with this one.
Grinding for Chaffee and pretty much every game is turning out like this.
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/6DT7q.jpg

Also, I bought the Type 64 earlier and that shit rakes in credits. It barely costs anything to repair, and with non prem fuel on it as well I can earn 50K on a decent game after the cost of repairs.
Rovencrone wrote...
Grinding for Chaffee and pretty much every game is turning out like this.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/6DT7q.jpg

Also, I bought the Type 64 earlier and that shit rakes in credits. It barely costs anything to repair, and with non prem fuel on it as well I can earn 50K on a decent game after the cost of repairs.

Give me some good scouting tips.

Since i cant do scout.

And regular suggestions help only a small time.