[Winter Contest Entry 2019] Once More for the Last Time

Here it is. Shorter and arguably of lower quality than usual. I really hamfisted the exposition.

As always, go easy on me. Haha!

Once More for the Last Time

Spoiler:
Akina moaned as she dug her fingernails into Seiichi’s back. Her orgasm hit her hard as she felt her entire body convulse. When it subsided, she let out a satisfied sigh as she laid back on the futon. Soon after, she felt Seiichi’s warm embrace as he cuddled up next to her. “That was… fantastic…” said Akina. She looked to her left and watched the snowstorm raging outside. Even though it was afternoon, the snow had been relentlessly battering her little apartment complex since early morning. The glass that kept the sting of the cold out had turned her sliding door into what looked like crystal ice. The balcony beyond was even worse; caked in inches of fresh powdery snow. Suddenly, Akina’s attention was caught by Seiichi’s phone. She watched as he picked it up and started talking. His voice was filled with a hint of disappointment that Akina was all too familiar with.

“It’s my family, I have to go for a bit,” said Seiichi. “I promise I’ll be back in a few hours.”

“Do you really have to go? Can’t you stay here with me?” said Akina. “The storm looks fierce outside. Just tell them you can go when it dies down.”

“It has to be now. I’m sorry, but they’re very insistent,” said Seiichi. He put his clothes on and made his way to the door. “I’m sorry, Akina. I promise I’ll be back as soon as I can. I… love you…”

“I love you too…” said Akina. She waved as Seiichi stepped out and let a bit of the cold into her apartment. Akina wondered why Seiichi was so insistent on meeting with his family. After all, he always had a strained relationship with them. He loved them to death, but he was never fond of how they constantly micromanaged his life. Though they were the ones who sent him to college, he was more than happy to agree with them since it was in a different prefecture. Akina knew Seiichi only came back to his hometown during the holidays out of loving respect for his family. That, and the fact that he could see her. He graduated and scored a solid job, giving him no reason to ever come back. Seiichi always said that the only thing he cared for in his hometown was Akina. “I guess… he needs to at least look like he cares about something when he comes home…” she said to herself.

True to his words, after a few hours, Seiichi came back. He let out a very long sigh before being caught off guard by Akina hugging him. “Hello there,” he said. “Didn’t I tell you I’d be back?”

“You haven’t lied to me once!” said Akina happily. She quickly kissed him and they were soon making out. Moans followed shortly after before Akina did her best to break away. “Do you want to make dinner?”

“That sounds great,” said Seiichi. He let Akina lead him to the kitchen where they began to prepare dinner. After a few hours of preparing, eating, and cleaning, the two made their way to bed. One thing quickly led to another and they were soon ravaging each other’s bodies. They went for a few hours with both of them climaxing a few times. When they finished, they cuddled closely and watched the storm rage outside. All the lights were off, leaving an eerie glow caused by a mix of moonlight and streetlights that that reflected off the snow and emanated through the glass.

“Does your family know you’re here?” said Akina as she nuzzled into Seiichi’s chest.

“You know they don’t. They think I’m at a friend’s,” said Seiichi.

“I feel like we should just tell them about us…” said Akina.

“We can’t…” said Seiichi. “Their opinion of you hasn’t changed since that first and only time they ever saw you.”

“Surely that idea of me being beneath you has died down by now,” said Akina. “We were twelve back then. Seiichi, in a few months’ time, we’ll have been together for thirteen years.”

“It doesn’t matter how long it’s been,” said Seiichi. “I can’t change their minds.”

“Well, I’m sorry I can never live up to their standards,” said Akina bitingly.

“Akina… no… it’s just…” Seiichi said before sighing. “Never mind, can we just drop it and enjoy each other’s company?”

“I’d like that very much,” said Akina. She cuddled up to Seiichi until they both fell asleep.

When the sun rose, the storm was all but gone. Akina awoke and looked out the glass door. She put on a big baggy jacket and some thick leg warmers before making her way towards the door. A quick slip into some water-resistant boots and she was outside. The cold was unwelcoming, but tolerable. She looked out her balcony to see the whole city painted white. “Wow… beautiful…” she said.

“Nothing changes around here…” Seiichi said as he stepped out as well. He hugged Akina from behind, feeling her warmth despite the layers they were both wearing.

“Nothing ever does. You always said it was a bit too stagnant,” said Akina.

“Only when you’re not around,” said Seiichi.

“Remember how often you came over to my place when we were younger?” said Akina.

“Every day since we started dating all the way until I left for college,” said Seiichi.

“I can’t believe your mom bought the lie of †˜visiting a friend’ every time,” Akina giggled.

“Trust me, I was surprised too,” said Seiichi.

“I miss those days…” said Akina. “My mom was still alive and I used to see you all the time. We had so many friends, but now they’ve all gone their own way and here I am living by myself…”

“You’ve still got me,” said Seiichi. He hugged Akina tighter and leaned in to kiss her cheek. After a bit, he moved up to kiss at her ear. A smile crept on his face as he started to hear Akina sigh and moan. It didn’t take long for him to be pushed back into the house by her.

“Maybe a quick round before breakfast…” said Akina sultrily as she kicked Seiichi onto the bed. She began to strip for him, removing each piece of her clothing at an agonizingly slow rate. When she was stark naked, she crawled between his legs before she heard the familiar noise of Seiichi’s ringtone.

“Yeah, it’s me,” said Seiichi as he motioned Akina to stop. “What? Okay, I understand. I’ll be there immediately.”

“What’s the matter?” said Akina.

“I have to go. I’ll be back later,” said Seiichi.

“Again? Can it wait until after breakfast?” said Akina.

“They’re insistent. It has to be now,” Seiichi sighed as he got up. “Making my parents upset isn’t smart,”

“You graduated from a great college and have a job that pays better than theirs! Even if they disown you, you’ll be fine! Stay with me! Please!” said Akina.

“I can’t do that to my family… I’m really sorry. Please, Akina. You have to understand,” said Seiichi. He began to put on proper outside clothes before making his way to the door. “I will be back. I promise.”

“Yeah…” said Akina.

“Yeah? That’s it?” said Seiichi.

“Yeah, that’s it,” said Akina.

“Well… um… I’m sorry again. I love you,” said Seiichi.

“I’ll see you later,” said Akina. The moment Seiichi left, she began to sob. Her tears continued to pour for a very long time until she finally had the strength to carry on with her day. Even so, they would occasionally escape from her eyes when she thought about Seiichi.

By the time the door opened and Seiichi walked in, the sun had long set. Akina’s eyes had plenty of time to look less puffy in the hours that passed. “I’m back,” said Seiichi. “You made dinner.”

“Yeah, all your favorites. Are you hungry?” said Akina.

“Just a little,” said Seiichi. He sat across from her on the table and they started to eat. For a good long while, they were silent. It wasn’t until Seiichi took a closer look at what he was eating before the silence was broken. “I remember when you made me my first bento. I thought you were just being nice.”

“It took a whole month for you to figure out that I liked you,” said Akina.

“Yup. Even though I liked you too,” said Seiichi.

“I’ve made you many bento since then. One every school day until you left for college,” said Akina.

“It’s the one thing I miss the most when I’m not here,” said Seiichi. “It’s… the one thing I’ll miss most…”

“I’ll miss the most? I’ll… I’ll… I… will…” said Akina as her eyes widened and she paused. “Ah, I see… So that’s what’s going on.”

“It’s happening… in a few months, I’ll be married to Asuna,” said Seiichi.

“Well, you two have been dating since college…” said Akina. “Have you grown to like her?”

“Mmm… no, not really… I mean, she’s nice, but… I don’t really like her…” said Seiichi. He sighed and looked at Akina. It was the first time he looked at her eye to eye since they started eating. “But it’s what mine and her parents want. In fact, my parents will be moving with me to the neighboring prefecture as well. They want to live close to their new family and to make sure that Asuna and I are on track.”

“Oh, I see…” said Akina. “That means… I won’t see you anymore, am I right?”

“No. No, you probably won’t. Ever…” said Seiichi. He sniveled a little before rubbing at his eyes. “I wish we could go back to when we were younger.”

“Me too…” said Akina as her voice cracked and she sniveled as well. Like Seiichi, she rubbed at her eyes. “Things were a lot easier back then. There was a lot less to worry about…”

“I’m sorry… You must think I don’t love you…” said Seiichi.

“I don’t think that at all,” said Akina. “In fact, why don’t we head to bed early and you can show me.”

Seiichi watched as Akina stood up. She held out her hand for him and he took it without hesitation. Soon, they were both in bed with him atop of her. “Akina… I really do love you…”

“I know,” said Akina with a smile. She wrapped her arms around Seiichi’s shoulders and pulled him in for a kiss. “Show me how much one last time.”
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Not too bad. I enjoyed the raw passion and emotion you injected into the scenes and characters. It was practically oozing with sentimentality. I saw what you meant about the exposition, but that's kinda hard to avoid. Such a shame that things didn't really work out between them, but that's the way you wrote it and that's the way it is.

A short, simple, degrade into tragedy. But first, some lust.

Well done this year.
Enjoyed the read quite a bit, almost shed a tear at the end. It just felt wrong how the main Seiichi let his family control his life, kinda felt it relate to me, as I am very much the opposite of him and won't let family have any influence of where I take my life. Also imagined what it would be like if I had to leave my girlfriend for this reason. Overall the emotional tone was nice and touching, made me sad though. So now you've gotta write a sequel where Akina and Seiichi get their second chance, to give me my emotional satisfaction. Also I liked the general writing style despite the exposition a lot, actually didn't mind the exposition at all.
Xenon wrote...
Not too bad. I enjoyed the raw passion and emotion you injected into the scenes and characters. It was practically oozing with sentimentality. I saw what you meant about the exposition, but that's kinda hard to avoid. Such a shame that things didn't really work out between them, but that's the way you wrote it and that's the way it is.

A short, simple, degrade into tragedy. But first, some lust.

Well done this year.

Thank you. I don't really have much else to say since I agree with your analysis. I guess I can make a joke about never making a happy story during Christmas. Both entries I've written haven't really had the best endings.

ZubaruMidori wrote...
Enjoyed the read quite a bit, almost shed a tear at the end. It just felt wrong how the main Seiichi let his family control his life, kinda felt it relate to me, as I am very much the opposite of him and won't let family have any influence of where I take my life. Also imagined what it would be like if I had to leave my girlfriend for this reason. Overall the emotional tone was nice and touching, made me sad though. So now you've gotta write a sequel where Akina and Seiichi get their second chance, to give me my emotional satisfaction. Also I liked the general writing style despite the exposition a lot, actually didn't mind the exposition at all.

I'm glad the part I found to be the biggest issue was one you liked. It's refreshing to get positive feedback on what I considered a negative.I'm also glad yo connected so well with the story. I really wanted to write something involving failed love this year and this was all I could come up with.
uwaaa thanks for these, guys! can't wait to read them :-) anyway, please do check out this article about "motivational" books for students kekekekeke it's from a custom essay writing service website tho. have fun!