Winter Writing Contest 2020: Poll

Voting for this poll has ended.

In your opinion, which author and entry was the best?

Total Votes : 6
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Forum Image: https://i.redd.it/76i2iyyruoa21.jpg

Welcome to the first and only poll this year.

There are five entries this year, and there will be five days to make your decisions.

The Reader's Choice and Runner-up winners will be declared when the poll ends. If there is a tie, then whoever ties will deserve the appropriate level of the one they tie for.

When you read each submission, if you have not already, please take a moment to stop when you finish and write the author a little note how and if you liked it or some constructive criticism they could benefit from. I know that if you are an author, you may want the same done for you.

I wish the entrants the best of luck. Happy reading, everyone.

Entries in this poll:

crazr submitted Fujiwara Finds Peace

DatYuriThough submitted The Distance Between Two Souls

zorvirus submitted The Christmas Portal

Xenon submitted The Warmth of a Cold Metal Heart

xninebreaker submitted Together in the Void
I have read all the stories and voted for my favorite! It was not an easy choice since there was a little something I liked in every story. As usual, I couldn’t bring myself to vote for... well... myself. Haha.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Congratulations goes to DatYuriThough for the winning submission The Distance Between Two Souls! You have rightfully won the Reader's Choice award this year. Well done!

Congratulations also goes to crazr, xninebreaker, and I on tying for the Runner-up position.

Now that it is the ten-year anniversary of the contest, I have built up many years of memories writing and reading interesting stories with all of you that I am incredibly thankful for. Thanks to the veterans for sticking around, the newcomers for giving it a try, and everyone coming together to keep a wonderful tradition going. It is like crazr's story, coming home to a nostalgic town we all have fond memories of, and tossing our stone submissions into the contest river. I hope the new year will bring you good fortune.

Well done, all.

P.S. I will be in contact with FAKKU to see about prizes, so bear with me for a little bit while that gets handled.
Grats DatYuriThough!

Lot of good submissions this year. It was good to see the turnout!

I'm glad I submitted, but I also regret not passing over my work a bit more. Maybe the next contest I'll fair better!
In the beginning, I was starting to think only Yuri and I submitted something. To see so many more people made me so happy. Then again, I issued a challenge out to her about who’d write the better piece for this winter, and she won not only against me, but everyone else.

So, without even the slightest bit of doubt or question, you are the rightfully victor of our battle and the undisputed champion of the contest, Yuri. To the victor go the praise! Congratulations!

Also, to the victor go the spoils! I don’t think we issued anything other than bragging and gloating rights, but I guess I won’t be hearing the end of it for a while. Haha.
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
Thanks for voting for me guys, everybody submitted something that was really fun to read, so I'm honestly kind of shocked I won. This was a really fun experience to be a part of, and big thanks to Xenon for running this and to crazr for challenging me to begin with. Hopefully we can do something similar to this again down the line!