Winter Writing Contest 2021

Xenon FAKKU Writer
Forum Image: https://i.ibb.co/61vc6BS/Winter-Writing-Contest-2021-2.png

Greetings, everyone, and welcome! The time for the highly anticipated FAKKU! Writing and Fanfiction section's annual Winter Writing Contest has come again. Members of the community new and old are welcome to try out and submit any kind of original written work from poetry to prose. Similar to last year, there will be no judges. There will still be a poll, but it will be for fun. In the past, the winners were able to receive some nice FAKKU! prizes. This year, depending on the number of participants, there might be participation gifts to encourage everyone to contribute something. You can discuss the contest and find the rules and guidelines in this thread.

The contest will accept entries until its deadline which is 00:00 of New Year's Day, the 1st of January, 2022 (EST, GMT-5). Submissions posted after this date cannot be included, so please participate, prepare your submissions, and remember to have fun in this seasonal and festive time of the year!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Rules

1. No word limit.

2. The themes this year will be: Unity/Separation, Past/Future, and/or Winter/Holidays. The themes were suggested by xninebreaker and I felt it appropriate to include the ability to also base your entries on winter/holidays if you desire to. You're also welcome to write outside these themes if you wish, or something you've been planning for a while. Feel free to use these as a starting point.

3. It can be any kind of creative writing - stories and poetry are welcome.

4. It must be your own work. The community will be looking very closely at your words for anything that has been plagiarized.

5. Please avoid having someone else privately edit/improve/fix errors in your entry. It goes against the spirit of the contest in questioning whether your submission is truly your original work. However, feel free to post and ask the community for advice during or after the contest.

6. Keep posts in this topic relevant. Comments are allowed, and submissions should be posted here as links to separate Writing and Fanfiction forum threads. Details can be found in the post below.

7. Please try to include the following tag [Winter Contest Entry 2021] at the front of your entry's thread title. An example would be "[Winter Contest Entry 2021] FAKKU's Winter Wonderland".

8. Each contestant can submit any amount of entries, but they will not receive multiple prizes for doing so. One (1) prize per author.

Deadline

The deadline for entries is 00:00 of New Year's Day, the 1st of January, 2022 (EST, GMT-5). Entries after this time will have to be disregarded.

Judging

There will be no judges this year and thus no Judge's Choice or runner-up award, there will however be a public poll on the selection of top picks come January so that everyone gets their say. The winner of the public opinion on FAKKU will receive the Reader's Choice award title. The user receiving second in the polls will be a runner-up for this award who will also be commended for their close placement. There will be no additional prize for placing in the polls, however.

Ask any questions you may have in this thread. You may PM me instead if you would like.

Also, please try to leave some comments on the entries of the participants, whether constructive or supportive. It doesn't matter whether you're a fellow writer, a participant yourself, or someone who barely writes and just reads; writers enjoy comments and feedback from almost anyone.

So please give it a shot and get your ideas out there; I wish you the best of luck. And of course, happy holidays!

Credits go to waterflame for working on this year's banner. Thank you!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
F.A.Q.s

--How do I submit my Entry?

Make a new thread for your entry in the Writing and Fanfiction Section. Then, copy the link of your entry and post it in this thread.

You MUST post the link of your entry in this thread or else it will NOT be counted.

--Can I submit multiple entries?

Yes, there is no limit to the number of entries one may submit this year. However, you will not get multiple prizes for doing so.

--Does it have to be under a certain number of words?

No, there is no restriction on word count this year. However, it may amuse you to know that people could make do with 1000 words in the first contest.

--Can I change or edit my entry?

Sure, but please announce it and let us in the community know. You can change or edit your entry up until the deadline - 00:00 of the 1st of January, 2021 (EST, GMT-5).

--Can I take ideas, or have a parody from an already-existing work?

Sure, you can. However, you need to explain it to the community that you did and have permission from the owner of that work if it's a work located on these forums. We may suspect plagiarism otherwise. Just leave a footnote regarding it in your thread.

--Do I have to include adult/sexual contents in my entry?

This is purely your choice. We don't mind if sexual content is present. We don't encourage or discourage it.

--What is this poll and how is it going to work?

Depending on the number of entries, we may have multiple polls. The top users in each poll will move on to the Final poll. The winner of the Final poll will receive the Reader's Choice award. The second highest will receive the Runner-up award.

Polls

Closed: You can view the first and only poll here.

Winners

Reader's Choice: Congratulations goes to Yanker and d(^_^)(^_^)d for their winning submissions Klaus and the Reindeer and Miles the Demon Eater.

Reader's Choice Runner-ups: Congratulations also goes to Lusshi and I for tying with the entries The path to peace! (uncensored) and Fantastic Paths: The Immortal Familial Bond.

List of entrants and their submissions:

If your name is not on this list, it means:

- You did not post a link to your submission as instructed by the rules above.

- Your entry did not follow the rules.

- Your entry was not posted before the deadline.

- The list is yet to be updated.

If you've made an error from any of the infractions described above, then your entry may not be included, but you will be notified of such and given the opportunity to fix as appropriate, unless the deadline has passed.
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
It's good to see the contest running once again, and of course I'll be looking to enter! Good luck to anyone else entering!
Azeli Born of Ash and Void
https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-writing-contest-2021-submission#4793370

Figured I'd give it a shot.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Azeli wrote...
https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-writing-contest-2021-submission#4793370

Figured I'd give it a shot.

Thank you for your submission! I have incorporated it into the list.
I want to participate, but I make no promises. Nothing seems to be coming to mind for this year.
Hello there,

Getting less of a newb lately, since I begun scavenging the interweb for places where I could post my fanfic.
Funny enough, it seemed to fit every aspect of this contest so why not.

It's a ''Didn't I say to make my abilities average?!'' fanfic.

Hope you have some fun reading it if you enjoy the book/manga/anime already.

Cheers, merry christmas and holidays.

The path to peace! (uncensored)

https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-contest-entry-2021-the-path-to-peace-uncensored
Yanker I read hentai for plot
https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-contest-entry-2021-klaus-and-the-reindeer#4793628

Merry Christmas everyone!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Here I present my humble piece to this year's event: Fantastic Paths: The Immortal Familial Bond
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
My entry: Fates Tied

https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-contest-entry-2021-fates-tied#4793781

Damn, barely made it. It's probably got so many errors I'm so sorry lol
gammenon Story Junkie
Happy New Year and Best Wishes to all participating in the contest! I'll get something ready for next year.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Thank you to everyone who wrote entries for this year!

As of now, the deadline for the contest is passed and submissions will no longer be accepted. Stay tuned for the Reader's poll that will be posted in a couple days.

Thank you for your participation and Happy New Year! May you find this year a hundred million times better than the last.
Xenon wrote...
Rules

1. No word limit.

2. The themes this year will be: Unity/Separation, Past/Future, and/or Winter/Holidays. The themes were suggested by xninebreaker and I felt it appropriate to include the ability to also base your entries on winter/holidays if you desire to. You’re also welcome to write outside these themes if you wish, or something you’ve been planning for a while. Feel free to use these as a starting point.

3. It can be any kind of creative writing - stories and poetry are welcome.

4. It must be your own work. The community will be looking very closely at your words for anything that has been plagiarized.

5. Please avoid having someone else privately edit/improve/fix errors in your entry. It goes against the spirit of the contest in questioning whether your submission is truly your original work. However, feel free to post and ask the community for advice during or after the contest.

6. Keep posts in this topic relevant. Comments are allowed, and submissions should be posted here as links to separate Writing and Fanfiction forum threads. Details can be found in the post below.

7. Please try to include the following tag [Winter Contest Entry 2021] at the front of your entry's thread title. An example would be "[Winter Contest Entry 2021] FAKKU's Winter Wonderland".

8. Each contestant can submit any amount of entries, but they will not receive multiple prizes for doing so. One (1) prize per author.

Deadline

The deadline for entries is 00:00 of New Year's Day, the 1st of January, 2022 (EST, GMT-5). Entries after this time will have to be disregarded.

Judging

There will be no judges this year and thus no Judge's Choice or runner-up award, there will however be a public poll on the selection of top picks come January so that everyone gets their say. The winner of the public opinion on FAKKU will receive the Reader's Choice award title. As a high school senior preparing to take the SAT, I was overwhelmed by the number of resources available to me. Two popular options, Princeton Review and Prepscholar https://edureviewer.com/princeton-review-vs-prepscholar/ , caught my attention. Their online program was convenient and allowed me to work at my own pace. I appreciated the personalized study plan and the focus on skill-building rather than just test-taking strategies. This info also provided ample practice materials, including full-length practice tests, which helped me feel prepared and confident on exam day. Overall, I found the program to be an effective and efficient way to prepare for the SAT. The user receiving second in the polls will be a runner-up for this award who will also be commended for their close placement. There will be no additional prize for placing in the polls, however.

Ask any questions you may have in this thread. You may PM me instead if you would like.

Also, please try to leave some comments on the entries of the participants, whether constructive or supportive. It doesn't matter whether you're a fellow writer, a participant yourself, or someone who barely writes and just reads; writers enjoy comments and feedback from almost anyone.

So please give it a shot and get your ideas out there; I wish you the best of luck. And of course, happy holidays!

Credits go to waterflame for working on this year's banner. Thank you!

Will there be other similar events?